Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When does that happen?

It can vary, Steel is a Modern Era technology. The Eras go: Ancient-Classic-Medieval-Renaissance-Industrial-Modern-Atomic-Information. But how long it takes for the AI to get there can vary based on how they choose to progress through the tech tree, some will prioritize the lower portion and ignore the upper half for instance, which would mean Urban Defenses sooner.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I can picture it now out how that inquiry would go.

"Who the hell sends Scott and part of the army to South America! The Mexicans were already this side of the Mississippi and dangerously close to the Appalachians!"

Someone got fired over this. And the President better hope he was on his second term, because he ain't winning next elections, chief...

22 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Unfortunately aside of Yakuza's latest part nothing from this series is on sale rn. 

Like a Dragon is on sale? You may want to grab it; aside from nods, references and chapter 13, the game is basically unrelated to Yakuzas 0-6. It'll kinda spoil the ending of 6, but not that much. I would steer clear of it if you don't want to play a turn-based JRPG, but Like a Dragon was the first one I watched a playthrough of, and the core of the game made complete sense to me.

(And it is much more expensive than all the rest, so a sale is even more beneficial.)

And I have it at No. 2 in the franchise. The start isn't fantastic, but it really gets going. The cast is really good IMO, some of the music slaps, and the side content is superb.

Edited by Benice

Also, worth mentioning that chapter 13 should still make sense to you-It just won't be AS hype as it would be if you'd played every other game. Seriously, the streamer who I watched's reaction to it was HILARIOUS.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

Like a Dragon is on sale? You may want to grab it; aside from nods, references and chapter 13, the game is basically unrelated to Yakuzas 0-6. It'll kinda spoil the ending of 6, but not that much. I would steer clear of it if you don't want to play a turn-based JRPG, but Like a Dragon was the first one I watched a playthrough of, and the core of the game made complete sense to me.

(And it is much more expensive than all the rest, so a sale is even more beneficial.)

And I have it at No. 2 in the franchise. The start isn't fantastic, but it really gets going. The cast is really good IMO, some of the music slaps, and the side content is superb.

It costs 42 €.

My originaly plan was to grab the one or other game for like 10 €. I know it's very recent, but I haven't planned investing this much in games rn. It's still a bit time left to think about it.

31 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

It costs 42 €.

My originaly plan was to grab the one or other game for like 10 €. I know it's very recent, but I haven't planned investing this much in games rn. It's still a bit time left to think about it.

Yeah, that is a disadvantage with it; here in Canada, I can actually get Yakuzas 3-5 remastered and 0 for roughly the same price as LaD. I don't think that it is the best Yakuza to start with, but 20% off ain't too shabby compared to its normal price. Unless I mathed wrong.

Also, I feel like I should point out that none of the DLC is really "worth" getting. It's more of a "support the devs and listen to Majima sing" than adding major content. (The only one that does add much is also the cheapest, which is nice.)

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yeah, that is a disadvantage with it; here in Canada, I can actually get Yakuzas 3-5 remastered and 0 for roughly the same price as LaD. I don't think that it is the best Yakuza to start with, but 20% off ain't too shabby compared to its normal price. Unless I mathed wrong.

It's 30%, cost orginially 60 €.

Question about Super Mario World 3D:

Spoiler

I think I have to collect all green stars to unlock the secret character?

If so...this will become troublesome.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

6 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Question about Super Mario World 3D:

Hide contents

I think I have to collect all green stars to unlock the secret character?

If so...this will become troublesome.

Spoiler

I don't believe so. You just have to beat World: Bowser, after which a rocket that takes you to another world becomes available; the secret character joins after...I think the fourth one there. There's also a final final world after that which requires a lot of green stars, (I think) and the final final final world which requires all stamps, green stars and golden flags to unlock; this unlocks Champion's road, the ultimate challenge of the game. It's HARD.

1 hour ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

I don't believe so. You just have to beat World: Bowser, after which a rocket that takes you to another world becomes available; the secret character joins after...I think the fourth one there. There's also a final final world after that which requires a lot of green stars, (I think) and the final final final world which requires all stamps, green stars and golden flags to unlock; this unlocks Champion's road, the ultimate challenge of the game. It's HARD.

Spoiler

I didn't see a rocket, much less unlocked a new world.

Nothing triggered after the credits.

Edit: Freetime has come to an end which automatically means that my activity time here has come to an end.

Was nice to be here again.

Stay safe and jambuhbye!

Edited by Zan Partizanne

7 hours ago, Maof06 said:

It's only a main series tier list. And FFX doesn't have sequels.

Ah, i didn't realise it was mainline only. Whoops!

Sill a little dissapointed, though... XD

I think it's that time to play the Xenosaga series again (this time, maybe including episode II.) It's been far too long...

Also, i don't like when people ask me whether Saga or Blade series is better: i can't choose! That's a heart wrenching decision, right there.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, it is one of Amano better ones. The same extreme albinism as Amano usually has, but he is equally brilliant in the wispiness of his artwork. The lack of color in his flesh is counterbalanced by the use of color elsewhere on their persons. It has an antiquated children's storybook quality, done superbly.

I really hope a future FFV remake uses Amano's designs like Opera Omnia.

DFFOO_FFV_Party.png.d71ce2e42254e88dc69037e596492382.png

I consider 1-3 as "created the foundations, but too dated and replaced to amount to anything more". The metaphoric fat lady was warming her voice for IV & V, where the franchise began to hit its stride.

In the case of II, first non-crystal plot and "non-silent warriors of light" are in its favor, as is the first Cid, first Chocobo, and the first instance of Ultima. But it is the gameplay black sheep, inspiring that super niche called Saga franchise instead of influencing FF proper, and its attempt at a non-crystal plot and unique characters are so poor. I might say III is worse judging from the DS version, but II is still bad by modern standards. FFI is sorta lucky it's the first, it's more excusable.

I would also put the IV in the "aged badly tier". Honestly, everything the game does the subsequent games do better.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sill a little dissapointed, though... XD

I'm also disappointed with the prostitution of Final Fantasy X by Square...

Also, you can upgrade your existing units with Gold, provided you unlocked the next tier in that class line, so Horsemen can upgrade to the Cavalry unit once you research Military Science.

Hah... bad news. City states don’t give me that much and I have fifty guys all at once so the maintenance cost plummets my funds.

7 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:
Spoiler

I didn't see a rocket, much less unlocked a new world.

Did you go back to world 1?

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Definitely off compared to the sprite, but pretty bang on Amano's official artwork.

Maybe that's cause i don't much care for FFV's cast that i didn't notice, haha. But fair enough.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Obligatory...

Ehhhhh... not one of my favorites, personally.

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

I would also put the IV in the "aged badly tier". Honestly, everything the game does the subsequent games do better.

Gameplay-wise, you're certainly right, since it is so restricted and simple. Yet narratively, it is where the franchise first tried to go big and ambitious. By modern standards, it is a ho-hum traditional tale, but from a historical perspective at least, it was dashingly dramatic. 

With regards to the music, it does have some hits, like Battle with the Four Fiends, but being the earliest of the SNES trio, it is the most rudimentary and VI blows it out of the water.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hah... bad news. City states don’t give me that much and I have fifty guys all at once so the maintenance cost plummets my funds.

Gold is most difficult to manage on a Domination play.

You could pinch a little savings by merging units into Corps, and later Armies. Corps are unlocked with the Nationalism civic, and combine two units into a single one with +10 Combat Strength (having 30 Combat Strength more than your opponent equates to OHKOing them I think). Corps are 25% less expensive to maintain each turn than two separate units. Armies can be formed by combining a single unit with a Corps and are unlocked with the Mobilization civic, they cost 1/3rd less in daily upkeep than three separate units.

For Scythia in particular, if you're desperate, you can have your Builders lay down some Kurgans. These offer only 1-3 Gold per turn each if you assign population to work the tiles (hopefully they'll be buffed later this month), but it is a source of additional Gold.

As for policies to put in your government... the military policy Conscription reduces the maintenance cost of all units by 1 Gold per turn. Levee En Masse, from Mobilization, later replaces Conscription and reduces the maintenance cost by 2 Gold. Professional Army will half the cost of unit upgrades when the time comes to do that.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gameplay-wise, you're certainly right, since it is so restricted and simple.

Personally, that's what I like of IV's gameplay. More so than other FF's (save X at least at first thanks to how the Sphere Grid is structured). Too much freedom it overwhelms me. Of course, the DS version had to add Augments, but for the most part it's still restricted enough to not have to worry about it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt