• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Magic ignores terrain avoid when used at 0-1 range.

I know, but he's attacking on turn 1 from 2 range. And he's still pulling this off.

Except I'll have to reset again and think this through, because I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to reach the other two thieves without Larentia...

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uo6dlwkc o

I do not like where this is going

PTSD intensifies

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The game heard you talking up Perceval like he was hot shit.

The timeline is now set.

This time he lived.

Thank fuck.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

F

And lol the cliff looks angel wings in that pic haha

Oh yeah, it kinda does haha.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

PTSD intensifies

Legit my reaction when this happened. He had just provoked both enemies in range, too...

Nice weather earlier today! ...But as soon as I stop watching TV and playing video games and try to go out there and enjoy it, clouds and chilling winds roll in, and the warmth and sunshine go away.

Darned, I was looking forward to this. The next mid-60s (~18C) day is a week away. I like having the four seasons, but I am yearning for warm weather right now.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw, it's like in SRW with After-Image...

-Maybe, if say a battleship had DoubleImage.

Slapping a Hyperjammer on a ship actually sounds like a good idea. Going from dodging 0% of the time to 50% is a bigger increase than you'd get giving it to something innately evasive. Although said evasive mech might be liable to dying in one hit, and hence more RNG that can help them is better.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Only now the Crimean War has triggered in the game. Instead of the UK being involved it's the North German Federation that's aiding France. Russia is being mauled right now...

Germans and French allied. Yeah, that's going to last, surely... yep... *looks over at Alsace-Lorraine*

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Maybe, if say a battleship had DoubleImage.

Slapping a Hyperjammer on a ship actually sounds like a good idea. Going from dodging 0% of the time to 50% is a bigger increase than you'd get giving it to something innately evasive. Although said evasive mech might be liable to dying in one hit, and hence more RNG that can help them is better.

Well, battleships are meant to tank hits, not dodge them. But yeah, it never hurts some extra protection to what are basically the Lord equivalents of SRW, heh. At least from a gameplay perspective.

Some certainly don't need it, heh. (Like D's Proto-Garland, anything piloted by Amuro, etc)

Edited by Acacia Sgt

These 3D World levels are getting really clever and creative. In this case, clever and creative means more difficult which means I can’t blitz through them in 30 seconds like the earlier levels, which means it takes longer to get the top of the flagpole with every character.

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm pretty sure I legit just seen the best Zelda ALTTP mod ever.

Hm? A mod for LTTP? What it does?

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

These 3D World levels are getting really clever and creative. In this case, clever and creative means more difficult which means I can’t blitz through them in 30 seconds like the earlier levels, which means it takes longer to get the top of the flagpole with every character.

Who would've thought, a game that becomes harder as it goes.

...Unlike FE, where the earlygame is consistently the most difficult part in most of the games.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? A mod for LTTP? What it does?

Complete rehaul of pretty much everything. And hard. Very, very hard.

Edited by lightcosmo

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who would've thought, a game that becomes harder as it goes.

I can’t tell if this is a jab at me but I was surprised at the creativity from these levels, not them getting more difficult.

...and also, I played 3D Land. So I wasn’t expecting levels I couldn’t blitz through to show up until the end of the game.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Unlike FE, where the earlygame is consistently the most difficult part in most of the games.

Wait... what? Unless you’re talking about like, maddening, then no? Why would you think that? Maddening is the only one I can think of (of the ones I’ve played) where early game is the most difficult part.

In my opinion, obviously.

Edited by Sooks

Looking at this makes me realize it's been several games since the battleship last had its nuclear missiles as an attack option. The last game that did was Alpha 3, if I recall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I don’t know if I’ll continue with my domination run. It’s a little tedious now that my horse army has but a few survivors and I’m stuck at war with Poland, really. I could restart but I don’t know if there’s a better civ in the base game for domination, and I could mess with the game settings and make it so we’re all on one continent, but that sort of feels like cheating... choices, choices.

Anyway, @Interdimensional Observer, if I leave Poland alive instead of taking all its cities, will Jadwiga ever declare war on me to retake her cities? That feels like something a civ would do.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If that's an issue, simply use Earth Sword/Nosferatu. They go right through Great Shield.

Unfortunately Midir can't use both.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait... what? Unless you’re talking about like, maddening, then no? Why would you think that? Maddening is the only one I can think of (of the ones I’ve played) where early game is the most difficult part.

In my opinion, obviously.

The examples one could cite:

• Old Mystery- Not that bad, but Book 1 is so easy that the slightly challenging early game is the toughest part. Book 2- Star Shards can break the game later, whilst the last few chapters can offer some resistance, it's mostly everything before Anri's Way that is the challenging part of Book 2.
  • Thracia- 4-7 are infamous if you don't know what's coming, and they're still a doozy knowing them.
  • Binding- Chapter 7 on Hard is hell. Western Isles eases up things compared to the Lycia arc.
  • RD- Although RD gives you no shortage of units to fall back on in case of dire straits, Part 1 is the toughest of the four.
  • Shadow Dragon- Enemies are strong throughout on H5, but end up being at their worst when you haven't trained anyone.
  • Awakening- Chapter 2 is the devil incarnate. The snowball that destroys all hasn't yet rolled down the hill of difficulty yet.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking at this makes me realize it's been several games since the battleship last had its nuclear missiles as an attack option. The last game that did was Alpha 3, if I recall.

That'd be more than "several" games, 2005 is a decade and a half ago. 

Is this some sort of silly IRL ethics concern? Because what's wrong with nuclear-tipped missiles, yet nuclear reactions in giant robots and a fantasy super-radioactive element being used for a giant laser are okay? -Well, I suppose the HTB Cannon shoots clean and "safe" laser-light produced by electricity from nuclear fission without any emission of radiation the way an ICBM does.

Just now, Sooks said:

Anyway, @Interdimensional Observer, if I leave Poland alive instead of taking all its cities, will Jadwiga ever declare war on me to retake her cities? That feels like something a civ would do.

She could, but if you've left her sufficiently bruised, she might not and will just issue verbal denouncements at you.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know if I’ll continue with my domination run. It’s a little tedious now that my horse army has but a few survivors and I’m stuck at war with Poland, really. I could restart but I don’t know if there’s a better civ in the base game for domination, and I could mess with the game settings and make it so we’re all on one continent, but that sort of feels like cheating... choices, choices.

Reminds me of my Macedon run, I had like 6-8 Hetairoi horsies going up against my first victim, the Ottomans. All of which were dead by the time I was done with them and I started moving on Sweden.

Truth be told, it took me... 3 or 5 attempts before I actually won a civ match. All the early ones ended because I didn't know things very well and decided it'd be better to start over.

You could downsize the map to Small and try the Snowflake map for a much quicker Domination try. It's only six civs, each started at the tip of a symmetrical snowflake design.