• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, you don't like Shadow Dragon either?

It's not that I don't like it, I just think it's mediocre. I wouldn't call it a good game but there are a lot worse below it.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

.That is not reassuring.

It really sucks that the tail end of the game is just unfun.

Well, Ch.27-Endgame is made more reasonable if you use a save state in between the two chapters.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Doesnโ€™t he do it for better stats on his replacement units? That seems to be the implication.

That but he's also shitposting and has no regard for human life.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's not that I don't like it, I just think it's mediocre. I wouldn't call it a good game but there are a lot worse below it.

You're always wrong, Armagon. Nearly flawless in your lack of correctness. It is truly impressive.

It really sucks that the tail end of the game is just unfun.

It really does. I have a similar problem with Thracia.

Well, Ch.27-Endgame is made more reasonable if you use a save state in between the two chapters.

If Endgame is anything like the maps that came before it, there's more problems than just the no save dickmove.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're always wrong, Armagon. Nearly flawless in your lack of correctness. It is truly impressive.

Maybe if Shadow Dragon didn't have a near total lack of character interaction, i'd place it higher.

Because in Shadow Dragon, there's really no difference between the named characters and the generic replacement units you get if too many of the former die.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If Endgame is anything like the maps that came before it, there's more problems than just the no save dickmove.

Endgame is kinda gimmicky but the worst part really is the no save.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe if Shadow Dragon didn't have a near total lack of character interaction, i'd place it higher.

Because in Shadow Dragon, there's really no difference between the named characters and the generic replacement units you get if too many of the former die.

Right, so that's the big issue.

Well, you know how I am with FE and story. The script of Shadow Dragon is written beautifully, Marth is actually a pretty good character, and the bits of characterization that people do get are good. That's really all I need to get me going from map to map.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It really does. I have a similar problem with Thracia.

I mean, nothing caused more consternation for me in Thracia than Chapter 19.

So everything else, the prison break, the Reinhardt, the finale, All but 24x couldn't be argued as less unfun than figuring out how to deal with the start of that map personally. It takes a lot for me

As for ironmans, I am pretty obviously bad at keeping to them, but then again it's not like I came to the series without any experience with such a thing. I guess I just fall for the narrative of "must protec" too hard.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The script of Shadow Dragon is written beautifully, Marth is actually a pretty good character, and the bits of characterization that people do get are good.

And i'd be fine with that if it was the 90s (you don't see me complain about FE3 Book 1 not having character interaction), but when you compare Shadow Dragon to the GBA and Tellius games that came before it, it becomes really jarring how Shadow Dragon decided to only characterize the main lead and like no one else.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The script of Shadow Dragon is written beautifully, Marth is actually a pretty good character, and the bits of characterization that people do get are good.

p4VJHkd.png

I think I can agree on SD having pretty solid writing which helps Marth, while also feeling more of an affinity for the other titles localised by 8-4 (Awakening and SoV).

I will also say that the lack of base convos is a retroactive negative for it though that NMotE has over it.

I will admit I played it after Awakening, but hey I had an experience with it as one of my earlier FEs that's for sure. I still remember finishing it on the bus ages ago too (Lena best Gharnef slayer, don't @ me.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

So iย thoughtย this was Titanosaurous but then the Godzilla theme started playing.

Turns out

Screenshot_3024.png

Looks like we're straight-up having different Godzilla types. Very interesting take, Shin Godzilla had differentย formsย but this something else entirely.

My investment in Singular Point has gone even higher now.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I will also say that the lack of base convos is a retroactive negative for it though that NMotE has over it.

Is it really retroactive when the games before Shadow Dragon had what it lacks?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is it really retroactive when the games before Shadow Dragon had what it lacks?

See, that's my bad for being bad at remembering Tellius did it.

I would posit that as a smaller scale remake I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but it's not helped by NMotE then having it too.

Actually real, how did they let this slide?

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I would posit that as a smaller scale remake I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but it's not helped by NMotE then having it too.

Yeah, Shadow Dragon just felt like it was more concerned with coming to the West than taking advantage of the series' improvements over the years.

I mean, when you add the Weapon Triangle without changing the balance of the game, it becomes ???????

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, when you add the Weapon Triangle without changing the balance of the game, it becomes ???????

Yep, that's Shadow Dragon.

Arguably they did make some improvements with the addition of weapon types to classes that were locked to one once, but that's not a rebalance.

That's not someone doing it in their garage first take in 1991 right?

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

Edited by Dayni

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So iย thoughtย this was Titanosaurous but then the Godzilla theme started playing.

Turns out

Screenshot_3024.png

Looks like we're straight-up having different Godzilla types. Very interesting take, Shin Godzilla had differentย formsย but this something else entirely.

My investment in Singular Point has gone even higher now.

Titanosaurus has only been waiting 46 years to appear onscreen again, he can wait longer.ย It looks pretty cool though, I'm interested in seeing what other Godzilla types there are.ย And now Minilla can make his long awaited return.

Relevant

ย 

37 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Relevant

ย 

I've known this clip for so long, but I never knew where it came from.

It's a sad day when the guy who screams YEEYAH is the best actor.

Finally, Multiheal! It took too many hours of grinding to get. I only have it on my Priest now, and they've about 10 uses worth of it in MP, so I might have to grind another 3, maybe 4 if their Wisdom stat isn't enough to get it on my Sage. Not sure if that would be worth it, though the best way to find out is to throw myself against Baramos again and see if I win, if not I grind some more. This will likely be the one major gripe I'llย have with this 1988 game, which has otherwise been less jagged then I had prepared myself for. DQV felt rougher actually (admittedly, it was my first DQ), and even VII.

ย 

I see Shantae and the Seven Sirens is on a mildย sale on the eShop. I have the cash on hand, I've played 3/5 titles in the series so far, and various little faults aside, the games are fun enough. -But I don't have a passionate desire to get it, and the games lean on the short side. Do I, or do I hesitate as I am so oft to?ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

(Lena best Gharnef slayer, don't @ me.

Unpromoted staffbots are real easy to hit level 20 in SD, so I don't see any surprise here. The early level capping and desire to get another magic attack combined can equate to an early promotion, which turns into Bishop/Sage, which thanks to SD's promoted unit-friendly EXP formula level fairly quickly. And Lena has a 40-50% Res growth and good base, so she tanks Imhullu very well.