• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Your eternal rivalary will never not amuse me haha

Armagon: Has opinion.

Ruben:

Just now, Wraith said:

...I finally understand why Rubenio was canonized. He fought back against the heresy of yore.

I do fight against heresy from time to time.

...You know, when I'm not partaking in it myself.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a Kaga hater."

"What about side by side with a friend?"

"Aye, I could do that."

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never mind, you die alone.

This has the same energy as Ike telling Oliver to rejoin the enemy.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's the law of the universe. Me and Ruben, locked in eternal conflict.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Armagon: Has opinion.

Ruben:

Me:

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

which was previously thought to be Varan, might actually be another Godzilla type, which is supported by the Godzilla-looking dorsal plates towards the back. Apparently, there were some toy listing leaks for "Godzilla A (which is likely Aquatilus), Godzilla B, and Godzilla C" but we don't actually have any images for those like we did with the GvK toy leaks, it was purely text and it was clear it was tentative names.

Those three, along with Godzilla Ultima (the main one we've been seeing in promotional material), makes four Godzillas in total for this show, which has me very intrigued.

For a franchise as old as Godzilla, it sounds quite surprising to think that this never happened before. MechaGodzilla aside, you'd think they would've invented and toss a dozen different Godzillas into a much earlier iteration of the series. You could rake in some easy yen doing this.

You could tweak the design into a wholly separate non-Big G kaiju, but why? If I were in charge of Pokemon, what could get me more money, inventing a new non-legendary Dragon Poke, or making another Charizard forme? The cynic says that Charizard no. 941 would be more profitable, at least in the short term, because Charizard has an extant base of recognition.

The "Singular" in "Singular Point" makes me think "singularity", which is the point at which something reaches infinity. Often referring to the center of a black hole, where matter is so unbelievably densely packed and time-space so distorted that mass becomes infinite. Therefore, infinitely many Godzilla forms.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're entitled to your own opinion as much as I am.

You don't say?

In fact, it's quite interesting that people can appreciate and find meaning even in barebones stories like FE. At the very least, it is a good thing we are not at each other throats compared to other fanbases.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

giphy.gif

Armagon and Ruben killing a pegasi during their fight, 2021, colorized

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

At the very least, it is a good thing we are not at each other throats compared to other fanbases.

Well, not anymore....

A few years ago on the other hand...

Edited by Shrimperor

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

which was previously thought to be Varan, might actually be another Godzilla type, which is supported by the Godzilla-looking dorsal plates towards the back. Apparently, there were some toy listing leaks for "Godzilla A (which is likely Aquatilus), Godzilla B, and Godzilla C" but we don't actually have any images for those like we did with the GvK toy leaks, it was purely text and it was clear it was tentative names.

Those three, along with Godzilla Ultima (the main one we've been seeing in promotional material), makes four Godzillas in total for this show, which has me very intrigued.

This show in general seems to be doing interesting or unique things with the Kaiju so i'm just excited to see what else they do.

Speaking of Godzilla variants, I hope we get a completely new monster whenever the next Japanese Godzilla movie releases. It's nice seeing familiar faces but the last "real" new monster introduced in a Japanese movie was Monster X, who was introduced 17 years ago. The MonsterVerse introduced the MUTOs and the rest of the Titans, but I'm not sure if Toho owns them so I won't count them.

If we're lucky, the next Japanese movie will have a new monster, but it will underperform so the following film with have Mothra and/or King Ghidorah instead. It happened twice already so chances are it'll happen again.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For a franchise as old as Godzilla, it sounds quite surprising to think that this never happened before. MechaGodzilla aside, you'd think they would've invented and toss a dozen different Godzillas into a much earlier iteration of the series. You could rake in some easy yen doing this.

Technically we already have Plant Godzilla and Alien Crystal Godzilla, but those are different enough to be considered separate characters. There was also supposed to be a movie where Godzilla fought Ghost Godzilla, but Ghost Godzilla was replaced with a new monster. They're more likely to reuse other popular monsters like Mothra and King Ghidorah than make new Godzilla variants.

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

In fact, it's quite interesting that people can appreciate and find meaning even in barebones stories like FE. At the very least, it is a good thing we are not at each other throats compared to other fanbases.

Wait, if that's not the case, I'm outta here!!! Xd

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, not anymore....

A few years ago on the other hand...

It's not like still doesn't happen.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

...There’s more than one fe?

There is no FE. There is only chess.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

should've posted the spanish version smh

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

high-five-icegif-4.gif

Ayyyyy!

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You don't say?

I couldn't come up with any other way to reply that wouldn't lead to a three-page-long argument.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Well... It depends on where you look.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I have nothing to add but I want history to know I am enjoying the show.

So am I, I love it when Teehee has these goofier arguments.

You know, as opposed to legit heated arguments.

Half of which are caused by me.

Oh no I'm the villain of Teehee...

Just now, Spara said:

What in the world did I just pop into...

A whole bunch of nonsense.

Also, I'm so filthy rich I bought three pieces of furniture at once! Three!

1 minute ago, Spara said:

What in the world did I just pop into...

Teehee in it's purest form

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's not like still doesn't happen.

not nearly as much, really.

I remember when i wanted to get into FE myself a few years ago people were telling me to not do it lmao

tbf i react the same way towards a certain series nowdays, so..

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

alf of which are caused by me

not really. Not at all, even.

It's just you vs. Armagon haha

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A whole bunch of nonsense.

Also, I'm so filthy rich I bought three pieces of furniture at once! Three!

Nice! Which ones were they?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's just you vs. Armagon haha

Hmph. If he learned to tell a good game from garbage, we would not fight so often! I look down on him over my shoulder! Hah!

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Nice! Which ones were they?

The big rug, the coat of arms and the bird statue. All at the same time. Now this is life.

...I mean, sucks to be one of the soldiers, but hey. Who cares about them. Certainly not Reese!