• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What, you think the Mila Tree came from here? /s

No, that came from a stable time loop with Ocarina of Time, as did the Lost Woods/Treescape.

Knowing full well big trees in video games are nothing unusual, because Yggdrasil, it wouldn't surprise me if IS took from "FEWii". IS seems to catalogue every old idea and even name and recycle them at a later date.

illusive-wii-fe-005.jpg

Although I could be getting my architecture wrong, this does look loosely Mediterranean, the white and blue speak of Greece. And Greece is what Valentia is loosely inspired by, as Mila's  8-bit very Greco-Roman temple tries to show.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah it's not Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan, is, all things considered, only 139 chapters. Can only be compared to one long game, at most.

123 chapters (plus 130 and 131).*

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I am talking about a series of games that went from my all time fav. to something i wanna erase from my mind

Fate/Grand Order? I'm intrigued. Which series are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, "more" came at the price of Kris in the sequel.

Hot take: Kris and the assassin's storyline are actually good additions to the game.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: I play FE for the gameplay, and I suppose that may be why SD's story doesn't irk me as much. It's just pleasant to watch unfold.

Fair enough. I like to feel invested in a thing in order to enjoy it, so Shadow Dragon is only a middling (but at least competent) experience to me. New Mystery is superior anyway.

Something I'm really noticing is just how many more attacks mechas had on average back then in SRW compared to now. Even just looking Daimos in Alpha 3 to Daimos in MX really shows they started to streamline them even back then.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Fate/Grand Order? I'm intrigued. Which series are you talking about?

He’s talking about the Trails series. He loved the original ones but really dislikes the modern ones.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean does Mimikyu really count? It’s not an electric type, it’s not yellow, it’s (potentially) not a rodent...

Mimikyu is a copy, regardless of type. As if it's awful naming wasnt enough.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

>Actually likes Mimikyu.

Alright, fine, fine-

No, you know what? REPLACE THE FURRY TORNADO WITH IT AS A FIGH-

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/f9/d1/c5f9d11d99fa52a64ec9c63fa253e6cf.gif

Whoops, sorry. I didn't mean to imply I didn't like it, that's just the original Pika, haha.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He’s talking about the Trails series. He loved the original ones but really dislikes the modern ones.

What's the problem with the modern ones? Waifus too?

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The proper Pika-clone of Gen VII was Togedemaru anyway. But yeah...

^^^^^

I wouldn’t say Mimikyu is dissimilar at all but I don’t feel like it really fits in the category.

31 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Shrimpy can feel free to correct me (I’m not entirely certain he likes talking about Trails too much? It still manages to come up frequently though) but they added a new protagonist called Rean who I think is like a self insert and seems to be criticized as a black hole and he’s been the protagonist for four games, the music used to widely loved for being fantastic but is not good anymore, the Coldsteel series (the modern/newer ones) has a ‘forced’(?) school setting that it does nothing remotely interesting with and exists to bait Persona fans and... I think it actually does have bare-bones “waifu mechanics” or something? Maybe.

But these are just other people’s opinions, I haven’t played any game in the series. Anyway Shrimpy used to be a big fan and then he had what he calls his Trails breakdown from the modern entries and now he is not a fan.

Okay, at the rate I'm going, I think I'm gonna finish the story for the writing prompt after all.

Though I will certainly be uploading it almost last-minute, as it were.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, at the rate I'm going, I think I'm gonna finish the story for the writing prompt after all.

Though I will certainly be uploading it almost last-minute, as it were.

You can do it! Go Acacia!

Why is the kitty dispatch system in Tales of Xillia 2 such a pain? Its annoying that I have to wait a while for them to come back, only to not get what I need. And it happens too often...

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Something I'm really noticing is just how many more attacks mechas had on average back then in SRW compared to now. Even just looking Daimos in Alpha 3 to Daimos in MX really shows they started to streamline them even back then.

Eight attacks, including two combinations? *Tries thinking of an OG mech, Weissritter is the first thing* Split Missiles, Triple Beam Cannon, equipped generic beam saber, Oxtongue Rifle B, E, D/X, Rampage Ghost. Seven attacks.

What have they gone down to now, 4 per mecha minus combinations? What would the reason be? Putting excessive effort into the attacks they get? Have they stopped with the "dramatic, but actually very dull because of how long they go on for" pauses mid-attack? 

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why is the kitty dispatch system in Tales of Xillia 2 such a pain? Its annoying that I have to wait a while for them to come back, only to not get what I need. And it happens too often...

I never got around to ToX2 Jude's redesign is total turnoff, they brought back those useless Katz from ToS? I think I hired them once, maybe twice in my many playthroughs of that game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never got around to ToX2 Jude's redesign is total turnoff, they brought back those useless Katz from ToS? I think I hired them once, maybe twice in my many playthroughs, they were useless.

Actually... its literal cats you find around. 

You send them off to find items, and it takes 10? Minutes for them to return, and they can get ranging from not much to alot depending on how many you've found (there are 100 total, I have 93 so far) 

You need them to find rare items to create the best weapons, and it's a long grind.

Also... you dont like Judes lightning-stricken hair style? Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eight attacks, including two combinations? *Tries thinking of an OG mech, Weissritter is the first thing* Split Missiles, Triple Beam Cannon, equipped generic beam saber, Oxtongue Rifle B, E, D/X, Rampage Ghost. Seven attacks.

What have they gone down to now, 4 per mecha minus combinations? What would the reason be? Putting excessive effort into the attacks they get? Have they stopped with the "dramatic, but actually very dull because of how long they go on for" pauses mid-attack? 

Something like that. I've seen it with G Gundam's return in SRW T. They do have less attacks.

Regarding Voltes, you should see them in Alpha 1/Gaiden:

Even more attacks. Though no combinations. Alpha didn't had them yet. Well, the PSX version. The Dreamcast version did had combination attacks. Including one with Cybuster and the R-1.

---

Anyway... the British have built the Suez Canal in my Vic2 HPM playthrough. Also, the Crimean War ended and... yep, right after the Franco-Prussian War began. So much for the alliance. France lost. The NGF was allied with Spain, so France was flanked. Also, Italy declared war to annex Sicily, which France had force them independent years prior.

Also, it looks like the ACW isn't the trigger for some other USA stuff, since they just passed the Homestead Act.  

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tell me... are you afraid to die?

- Marth(?)

DeficientFearfulDiplodocus-max-1mb.gif

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ngl Excel's SD skits are Kino hahaha

He really is just FE MSPaint memes but in video form.

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Shrimpy himself can go into more detail but the general gist is that he really doesn't like the direction the latest arc headed in, both from a writing perspective and gameplay perspective and the way the Cold Steel games ended really left a bad taste in his mouth.

But then the way Attack on Titan ended had Shrimpy look back on Trails of Cold Steel and go

perhaps_i_treated_you_too_harshly.png

and the series overall is still going so he's holding on to that 1% hope that the games manage to bring him back.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Including one with Cybuster and the R-1.

*Looks it up*

2/10 🤨

It's Akashic Buster with the R-1 going for a ride doing diddly squat! -Or so it looked without being able to understand Japanese.

They really shouldn't have gone with the 3D models, it had to have hindered the magnificence. Off the top of my head, I'd amend this by having T-Link Sword used on the Cybird, so it's flaming aura becomes a psychic flaming aura. And then at the end, the Cybird begins to decelerate and the R-1 lets go and uses the momentum + its own boosters to deliver a high speed T-Link Knuckle into the target, perhaps with some residual flames/prana coating R-1.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also... you dont like Judes lightning-stricken hair style? Xd

I don't like his new outfit at all, staring the artwork It does fit his end of ToX career, but it doesn't work for me. The not-insignificant change in art direction (looks like the use of huge swathes of solid, bold colors was outlawed in ToX2 comparing all the heroes original and redesigned) overall combined with the total change of clothes, makes him look extraordinarily different, passable as a separate character if you tried.

-Not to say I wouldn't like him as a character if his personality remained the same. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Hot take: Kris and the assassin's storyline are actually good additions to the game.

Actually, you know what? I do like the assassin plotline. It was a bit wonky at times, but Katarina was a great character.

Honestly, I don't think Kris is a good character, but for what it's worth, I do think they're the least bad avatar. If they were less involved in the main plot, they'd be okay, because otherwise they just function as a blank slate for other characters to pour their backstory and development on. With exceptions, all of the Kris supports were good for the other character, and even then, most of the exceptions were lucky enough to get other supports. Like Belf, for instance. His support with Kris sucks ass, it's one of the worst in the game, but Belf also has his excellent support with Sirius. Then there's someone like Arran, who is my favorite character in Archanea, and half of it is thanks to his support with Kris.

I think the only one who really got supremely screwed is Cain, honestly. Two parts of his support are wasted on a training montage with Kris, and the final part is just used to reiterate what Cain's death quote in SD already conveyed in a perfect, tragic way. And then he doesn't even get anything with Abel! It was so obvious! Why no Cain and Abel support, Maeda!?

Fair enough. I like to feel invested in a thing in order to enjoy it, so Shadow Dragon is only a middling (but at least competent) experience to me.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

New Mystery is superior anyway.

I mean, you don't really have to convince me of that - look at the FE that Serenes says is my favorite.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Mild take: Both are still flawed additions, with Kris being moreso due to his direct involvement with the main plot and the changes it brings to established characters.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoops, sorry. I didn't mean to imply I didn't like it, that's just the original Pika, haha.

I was having fun myself.

As much fun as one can have being dragged away

Fates has been out about 5 years internationally and it's amazing seeing the strats people can pull off sometimes.

Take this one, where the best line is reminding us Bifrost sells for 5k.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fates has been out about 5 years internationally and it's amazing seeing the strats people can pull off sometimes.

Take this one, where the best line is reminding us Bifrost sells for 5k.

"This map is the climax of Conquest. 27 and 28 are just the dinning mall(what is he even saying there?)"

Oh. Well, that makes me feel better about myself. Turns out I actually did beat the game after all!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"This map is the climax of Conquest. 27 and 28 are just the dinning mall(what is he even saying there?)"

gesundheit denoument

Which part got you stuck?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

gesundheit

I actually know what that means, though. Thanks, TF2 Medic.

denoument

Thanks.

Which part got you stuck?

I quit on Garon, because every enemy was too powerful and stacked on top of another, equally powerful enemy, and there were unavoidable staves all over the place that whisked my units away. I probably could've made it past if I tried hard enough (especially after I was told that the staves didn't target units on the sides of the corridor for no reason at all), but at that point I was sick of it, so I just called it a day.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I quit on Garon, because every enemy was too powerful and stacked on top of another, equally powerful enemy, and there were unavoidable staves all over the place that whisked my units away. I probably could've made it past if I tried hard enough (especially after I was told that the staves didn't target units on the sides of the corridor for no reason at all), but at that point I was sick of it, so I just called it a day.

Ah. I was expecting the finale to be honest, but that section can be a bother.

Yeah, the jump from Hard to Lunatic isn't as big as from Normal to Hard from what I've seen. Though you can also more easily prep a 1-turn in 27 (much as it's not helped by your Corrin's stats)

Edited by Dayni