Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

VS is a bit less crazy, but it's still crazy. I wouldn't call it as good as Berwick, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

VS reviews, videos and pics i see really do scare me away, ngl. Doesn't seems that fun, but i shouldn't judge it until i play it one day myself

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

CSGS2Td.png

one of the shittiest nights in a big ass while

a small reminder of my grim illness days

tIL2rKW.png

Sorry.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Morning everyone!

Good morning lightcosmo.

A day went by and I didn't get to playing the one game I wanted to, all because I couldn't decide whether to buy & upgrade the second-best at the moment, but more readily available weapon for a character, or to hold off and kill a load of FOEs and get the materials for the best one for the present moment instead. -Really, me?🤨 

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Being interested in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim hurts a lot because you literally cannot talk about the game without spoiling it (or so everyone says) and the problem with it is that i want to play it but it's PS4-exclusive.

It's more a visual novel than the real-time SRPG aspect I'm told, I'm not sure it'd be for you from a gameplay perspective. That is probably why you can't talk about it either, visual novels are a tad difficult to review, since the genre's main point -plot- is something you have to discover firsthand yourself. 

Also, the gray-heavy aesthetic and genericness of school uniforms are a waste of Vanillaware's artistic talent IMO. But I get the desire for a change from their more colorful and pure medieval fantasy offerings, it must get boring doing the same things all the time.

I do think Vanillaware's entire lineup should be made more available. The games might not perfect, but Vanillaware's signature visual artistry (setting aside sometimes George Kamitani's hetero-horniness) is worth making available and preserving on the most lasting video game system- the PC.

The problem there, is that Japan doesn't care for PC gaming, and I'm told they're increasingly abandoning consoles altogether for mobile gaming. The Switch's portability is saving it from the Japanese demise of the other consoles, and Sony for their part is basically giving up and ignoring Japan with the PS5. Vanillaware would have to consider if there would be enough potential Western fans to PC port, and for a smaller company, I can see them readily shirking away given the cost-benefits estimates of that.

a small reminder of my grim illness days

tIL2rKW.png

Aw, that sounds like a bad time. Is this often enough of the first time in a while?

Trying a stupid format.

"Jagens steal Exp from my army, must bench immediately."

https://i.imgur.com/nUPpUwa.jpg

"Jagens can contribute to essential situations and are more reliable than most of my forces because of bases"

Edited by Dayni

I skimmed through Spara's HSoS review...

This actually makes me wanna play VS, just to play HSoS, as that one sounds actually crazy interesting haha

Glad you found it interesting! It's definitely rough around the edges, but yeah, with the map design, availability system, and unit design, it's got a lot to talk about.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

VS is a bit less crazy, but it's still crazy. I wouldn't call it as good as Berwick, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

Pretty much. VS1 only really goes crazy with map design in places. And even though I really, really liked HSoS overall, I still put Berwick above it. 

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

VS reviews, videos and pics i see really do scare me away, ngl. Doesn't seems that fun, but i shouldn't judge it until i play it one day myself

e9c.gif

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's more a visual novel than the real-time SRPG aspect I'm told, I'm not sure it'd be for you from a gameplay perspective.

I am fine with visual novels if they have actual gameplay in them. Stuff like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton is done is fine in my book (even if I don't really feel like playing these examples but that's beside the point) because they are more than just a book.

Aegis Rim has actual gameplay so it gets a pass. It's also got Kaiju in it.

But the main reason I really am interested in it is how nobody can seemingly talk about it. I've seen nothing but praise for the game but usually, people would like, elaborate a little bit when talking about why a game is good. With Aegis Rim, it's literally "bro it's good, just trust me".

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

"Maria and Minerva lose their deathmatch against the boss"

Why was Maria in range of the boss in the first place? 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

But the main reason I really am interested in it is how nobody can seemingly talk about it. I've seen nothing but praise for the game but usually, people would like, elaborate a little bit when talking about why a game is good. With Aegis Rim, it's literally "bro it's good, just trust me".

when it comes to VNs it's very hard to recommend stuff without spoiling

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Why was Maria in range of the boss in the first place? 

to increase party average lvl?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

when it comes to VNs it's very hard to recommend stuff without spoiling

Yeah but even then, there's usually some elaboration. Although a lot of the popular VNs do get anime adaptations and most people would rather watch than read.

But still, I have never seen a "bro trust me" when it comes to a game before.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nothing to worry about short-term, though.

It might happen eventually, as it were.

I'd say might's an understatement.

How resolvable would it be with a firmware update as well, the article just mentions the idea and Sony could very easily forget to do so.

The fan community will be the real heroes that day a hack comes along to resolve the issue.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

to increase party average lvl?

To meme.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1580520/Lost_Eidolons/

This actually looks like something worth following

Hmm... it very well may be.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn right it does. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

But there was totally a clip of someone using a gambit!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But there was totally a clip of someone using a gambit!

If my hatred for Three Houses went that far, I'd have to kill myself, because there are living humans in the game.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If my hatred for Three Houses went that far, I'd have to kill myself, because there are living humans in the game.

Never expected to read that from you. /s

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

CSGS2Td.png

one of the shittiest nights in a big ass while

Oof. Sorry to hear that...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I think I got this one for Dating sim when I was trying to find the KFC one.

Also there's an amazing game on steam that you should totally try.

'Morning, everyone!

Erm, my units are now doing like 2 damage to every city every attack, and they don’t even have urban walls... maybe I should just make a new game... what I learned: don’t rush into war unprepared.