• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... Look, I know you despise Kaga and everything he stands for, but Fates's capturing system is a half-assed "recruit enemy generics" system that, while cute and fun, does not compare to a fully-fledged mechanic that fundamentally impacts the core aspects of the gameplay - and even the story! - such as Thracia capture. It just doesn't.

Ok but here's the problem: for being such a vital mechanic, it's too high-risk. And you have to do it because Thracia ain't giving you money otherwise.

I do not think a mechanic so vital to the SRPG should require you to cut your stats in half so that it can maybe do the thing you want it to do.

...Not that I think I'll play it. I didn't even touch the Conquest DLC.

Awakening's DLC is 90% fanservice (as in, celebratory stuff), 10% post-game challenges.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Course everything else < Into the Spiderverse.

True, Spiderverse is super based. Can't wait for the sequel next year.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The interactions from the actors didn't feel natural to me, for the most part. The storyline was hardly there, and when it was, it was mostly humor. The inclusion of Venom wasn't well handled. 

I dunno, it felt like a mess, haha.

Idk, i don't think it's that different from the previous two movies. Having three villains was a mistake but Spider-Man 3 still has the exact same climax as the other two.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Not that I think I'll play it. I didn't even touch the Conquest DLC. The only FE whose extra chapters I ever played was New Mystery, and that's because I love New Mystery.

Awakening DLCs are important because it gives you access to EXPonential Growth, to ease grinding.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but here's the problem: for being such a vital mechanic, it's too high-risk. And you have to do it because Thracia ain't giving you money otherwise.

High risk? If you know Thracia's mechanics, it isn't bad at all. There are so many ways to minimize risk that its hardly noticable. They were more than generous with it, imo.

Edited by lightcosmo

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do not think a mechanic so vital to the SRPG should require you to cut your stats in half so that it can maybe do the thing you want it to do.

I don't know, weapon stats aren't cut. You can just use better weapons to increase reliability, and the game gives you the brave axe in like, turn 6 of chapter 1. I think this's a you problem, not a Kaga problem.

Awakening's DLC is 90% fanservice (as in, celebratory stuff), 10% post-game challenges.

Yeah, didn't Awakening have like, half the cast of the entire series as playable characters? But that was Spotpass stuff, and if my google searches are correct, that'd be nearly impossible to get on Citra. So no, I'll just go for the campaign and see where that takes me.

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Awakening DLCs are important because it gives you access to EXPonential Growth, to ease grinding.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Grinding.

Ahahahahahaha.

That's a good one.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

High risk? If you know Thracia's mechanics, it isn't bad at all. There are so many ways to minimize risk that its hardly noticable. They were more than generous with it, imo.

Maybe later but in the early game, it's practically impossible to pull off. For that to be the case with a mechanic so vital to the gameplay, it's a big no-no in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Maybe later but in the early game, it's practically impossible to pull off. For that to be the case with a mechanic so vital to the gameplay, it's a big no-no in my eyes.

Practically impossible.

With the brave axe and the brave lance available from chapter 1.

What...?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahahahaha.

Grinding.

Ahahahahahaha.

That's a good one.

Good luck in the Mila Tree.

Just now, Maof06 said:

If the game demands that I sit through grinding maps for an hour, I'm quitting it as soon as I hit the wall. Rest assured of that. The only grinding I'm willing to do in FE (if you can count it as "grinding") is, like, chasing every last enemy on the map, maybe a limited amount arena rounds to get underlevelled unit up to speed. I am not going to grinding maps for the sole purpose of grinding my army to speed. That's just not fun.

21 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

smh posting art without linking a direct source

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/62629551

B-but there's a link the fanart!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If the game demands that I sit through grinding maps for an hour, I'm quitting it as soon as I hit the wall. Rest assured of that. The only grinding I'm willing to do in FE (if you can count it as "grinding") is, like, chasing every last enemy on the map, maybe a limited amount arena rounds to get underlevelled unit up to speed. I am not going to grinding maps for the sole purpose of grinding my army to speed. That's just not fun.

You don't need to grind for hours, but Awakening's mid to lategame has a stat inflation that some of your units can't keep up unless you're constantly using them. Mila Tree is where it starts. My advice is: don't try to get the treasures, you don't need them. Just rush to the boss.

Well, I mean... I wish, but I don't think I've ever gone into any FE with expectations as low as the ones I have for Awakening.

Yes! I am memorable!

The gods have spoken though, we’re not allowed to agree on FE. What FEs do we agree on? Conquest, fe4... maybe fe8?

Oh yes and when you get to it, please upload the finished design of your avatar. There are some... interesting things you can do with it. Two of the design types are just... what.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I actually disagree with him here, I only ever grinded for supports (and that was after this map) and I was rotating through all my units instead of using one team and I had absolutely no trouble with just the enemies. Awakening really does not require grinding imo unless you pull a Sooks and go “I want everyone to get a paired ending while also not grinding!” 

The problem with this map, well if you get that far, you’ll see...

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You don't need to grind for hours, but Awakening's mid to lategame has a stat inflation that some of your units can't keep up unless you're constantly using them. Mila Tree is where it starts. My advice is: don't try to get the treasures, you don't need them. Just rush to the boss.

This is... not reassuring, considering this exact issue was what made me quit Conquest two maps from the end...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The gods have spoken though, we’re not allowed to agree on FE.

Isn't this everyone on the thread and me? Except like, Spara and Brightbow, everyone else is just a constant disagreement.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yes and when you get to it, please upload the finished design of your avatar. There are some... interesting things you can do with it. Two of the design types are just... what.

I will try to match the beauty of Kabbãge as best as I can.

I actually disagree with him here, I only ever grinded for supports (and that was after this map) and I was rotating through all my units instead of using one team and I had absolutely no trouble with just the enemies. Awakening really does not require grinding imo unless you pull a Sooks and go “I want everyone to get a paired ending while also not grinding!” 

Ahh. Okay, good, that's nice to hear.

The problem with this map, well if you get that far, you’ll see...

...hoo, boy...

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Practically impossible.

What...?

Yeah maybe for capturing bosses, but not every enemy is a boss. I don't remember having all that much trouble capturing early on.

And even in the early game there's stuff you can do like capture baiting to make it easier.

And in terms of getting funds...well, stealing also exists. While stealing most physical weapons is more of a challenge, Lifis has enough base con to steal tomes, which I always found was a good source of revenue.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't this everyone on the thread and me? Except like, Spara and Brightbow, everyone else is just a constant disagreement.

*thinks*

There’s @Benice. You both love Berwick and I think you feel similarly about fe6.

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

Yeah maybe for capturing bosses, but not every enemy is a boss. I don't remember having all that much trouble capturing early on.

And even in the early game there's stuff you can do like capture baiting to make it easier.

And in terms of getting funds...well, stealing also exists. While stealing most physical weapons is more of a challenge, Lifis has enough base con to steal tomes, which I always found was a good source of revenue.

Yeah, I agree. To be honest, I just don't see Armagon's problem. Capturing really isn't as difficult as he makes it out to be.

Just now, Sooks said:

*thinks*

There’s @Benice. You both love Berwick and I think you feel similarly about fe6.

Oh yes, I tend to agree with Benice as well.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like Ruben said, Finn makes capturing easy right from the get go. Along with having a unit who is literally invincible. And once you get Fergus, its smooth sailing. So I wouldnt say it's hard at all.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Like Ruben said, Finn makes capturing easy right from the get go. Along with having a unit who is literally invincible. And once you get Fergus, its smooth sailing. So I wouldnt say it's hard at all.

Honestly, the only way I can imagine for capturing to be as horrible as he claims it is is if he was doing some supreme hoarding and he refused to let prepromotes help, so he was like... trying to capture things with leif and a slim sword or something like that. Otherwise I just don't get it...

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

My hot take is that I think that all FE games are good, actually. :v

Sorry, that doesn't fly around these parts. Go sit in the corner with Acacia and think about what you've done.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Practically impossible.

What...?

Even with the Brave Axe, i couldn't capture.

Finn could but he's just one guy, not enough.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, didn't Awakening have like, half the cast of the entire series as playable characters? But that was Spotpass stuff, and if my google searches are correct, that'd be nearly impossible to get on Citra. So no, I'll just go for the campaign and see where that takes me.

I don't think you need to actually connect to Spotpass to get that content. Pretty sure you can just access it like normal. Idk, go and check when you have the time.

22 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I don't recall Mila Tree ever being an issue.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is... not reassuring, considering this exact issue was what made me quit Conquest two maps from the end...

Awakening will never get to a point like that, i promise you.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I quit before i got to Fergus.

I really was not having fun with Thracia at all.

Just now, Armagon said:

Even with the Brave Axe, i couldn't capture.

Finn could but he's just one guy, not enough.

Okay, this just isn't true. When I play Thracia I manage to capture things with even a scrub like Marty. Did you accidentally download Super Thracia or what?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Whoa you didn't even last four chapters... Well, I mean, fair enough. I cannot judge, I didn't even last three fights in Super Robot Wars...

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, what they DO have is Avatar presets with custom portraits.

Considering you can't even pick a color palette for the avatar, you are not missing much.

The difference is that Awakening is an easy enough game that you can beat by using literally anyone. Conquest requires at least some optimization. Like Sooks said, you don't need grinding (unless you want all child units), but it certainly helps.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...hoo, boy...

The problems with Mila Tree are the ambush spawns on hard or above. The map is literally an open area and the spawns powerful fliers that can kill frail units from the sides of the map. It's easier to LTC than play "normally."

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

My hot take is that I think that all FE games are good, actually. :v

You might have committed a heresy there.

I don't disagree on the premise though.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry, that doesn't fly around these parts. Go sit in the corner with Acacia and think about what you've done.

You at them and me:

tenor.gif

As for Awakening, so long as it's not Lunatic I don't think you'll run into too much trouble. I don't pretend not to grind (I as you know can kinda be a sucker for it), but I also was pairing the full Gen 1 cast and even then I don't think I was forever doing it either on Normal or Hard or finding things too easy.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

True, Spiderverse is super based. Can't wait for the sequel next year.

Sony Animation have not got the best record to me, which makes it's sheer quality a pleasant surprise.

Especially when I'm probably one of the few people who don't find the animation perfect.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, the only way I can imagine for capturing to be as horrible as he claims it is is if he was doing some supreme hoarding and he refused to let prepromotes help, so he was like... trying to capture things with leif and a slim sword or something like that. Otherwise I just don't get it...

Dont forget that Eyvel cant be killed, that makes it free In the beggining. 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Huh, well that's too bad. 

Game is great if you can give it a fair chance. 

Edited by lightcosmo

When I play Thracia I manage to capture things with even a scrub like Marty. Did you accidentally download Super Thracia or what?

I think whoever had the Brave Axe just failed to hit things.

It is Judgral after all, the land of no axe users allowed.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

The difference is that Awakening is an easy enough game that you can beat by using literally anyone. Conquest requires at least some optimization. Like Sooks said, you don't need grinding (unless you want all child units), but it certainly helps.

The only times you'd actually need to grind in Awakening is like, Lunatic+. Which is no surprise.

Maybe Lunatic might make you grind a bit. Idk, i avoid the shitty difficulties.