• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The burdens of weekly book-inspections were so onerous, that faculty assigned to the task were free of all other academic obligations for the year.

It was that tough, huh?

Considering how books had to be hand-copied in the time before the printing press, i wonder how many stories and non-fiction works are just lost to time. Since copying a book actually took a considerable amount of time, i'm guessing books deemed important (such as scripture) were prioritized over books that weren't and eventually, those types of books were lost.

And this isn't counting disasters of like the Alexandrian Library burning.

Nowadays, people don't really think about lost books in the same way lost films, TV shows and music are but it's still a part of human history that will never see the light of day again.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The franchise needs a game to hit it unequivocally out of the park again.

It definitely feels like Arise is trying to do that. Everytime i look at it, it just feels different from how Tales has usually been.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Afaik the reason why Berseria didn't sell so well was because Zestiria was just that bad.

I'm not sure there's a correlation here.

I mean, Final Fantasy has it's duds here and there but i don't think the failure of one Final Fantasy game has caused the following game to not sell well.

2 hours ago, Reuben said:
2osbwr1g o

Just your ol' pal Reuben here! Hehe.

What parallel universe have i woken up into?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Your sainthood should be revoked for the lack of facial hair though. Just Rubenio.

No no, that's a good thing. Facial hair bad.

....I speak from experience, i cannot stand my beard whenever it grows back at the speed of light. It's so annoying.

2 hours ago, Spara said:

Man, at this point, HSoS shilling feels mandatory, lol. Gotta get some people to play it, there are only like 12 english speakers I know on Discord who have even touched it. 

Though I did get a friend to play it a bit today, only Chapter 2 and we've already had a 20+ minute story discussion 😛

You know what, I may consider playing it when there's a full translation, whenever that may be.

I know everyone's who's played it who isn't Japanese has decided to make do with an incomplete translation+Google but to me, that's like sitting in the front row of a movie theater.

C'mon, man. I already said I'm gonna do Awakening first. My determination to stick to that is already flimsy enough, and 6.5 maps of Berwick is more than enough time for you to persuade me. Please don't.

Whenever you feel your determination to play Awakening, just remember it has the Ruben-approved funny man

latest.png?width=328&height=432

I say Ruben-approved because i know he's the kind of character you'd like.

I will still not like Three Houses, though.

6a6.gif

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What the...THE REUBEN AVATAR SHAVED HIS BEARD????

AND HAS LOST HIS SAINTHOOD??????

What horrors have happened in my absence?

He subbed to a Vtuber because she likes Berwick.

Ruben will give up his entire dignity if it means another person joins the Berwick pack, of which is currently consisting of 9 people.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What parallel universe have i woken up into?

The best kind.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

know everyone's who's played it who isn't Japanese has decided to make do with an incomplete translation+Google but to me, that's like sitting in the front row of a movie theater.

But... That's good tho, isn't it?

Nah I get it, you made a typo. I know how it is, even the best make mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Whenever you feel your determination to play Awakening, just remember it has the Ruben-approved funny man

latest.png?width=328&height=432

I say Ruben-approved because i know he's the kind of character you'd like.

Isn't that Gregor? I recall seeing him compared to the TF2 Heavy. Which is not Medic, but it's still awesome.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben will give up his entire dignity if it means another person joins the Berwick pack, of which is currently consisting of 9 people.

Armagon, I'm trying to be semi nice for a change, and you go and speak nothing but the truth to me? Shameful.

...except for the 9 people part. That is wrong.

Also, it wasn't just Berwick. It was... Well, okay, look, even I have my limits - listening to her Engrish her way through my username and congratulation message and then go "Zank Uuuuuuuu~!" kinda melted my heart. Is that so wrong?

Tales of Zestiria definitely killed Berserias sales cause the poor rep. Not to say that's always how it works, but in this case, it's the fault of the previous installment.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Reuben said:

But... That's good tho, isn't it?

Nah I get it, you made a typo. I know how it is, even the best make mistakes.

Wait.........

giphy.gif

........wait are you saying it's a good thing to sit at the front row of a movie theater?

2 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Isn't that Gregor?

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Armagon, I'm trying to be semi nice for a change, and you go and speak nothing but the truth to me? Shameful.

Listen the universe is folding in on itself because of your current shift in personality, i'm trying to restore it before it all collapses in on itself to form a singularity.

4 minutes ago, Reuben said:

listening to her Engrish her way through my username and congratulation message and then go "Zank Uuuuuuuu~!" kinda melted my heart. Is that so wrong?

Don't worry, i understand lol. Some Vtuber moments i like to watch is them trying to pronounce and thank their English viewers.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

He is "old" and has an accent?

Ruben tends to like older characters.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Ruben tends to like older characters.

Well, there is being an older character and there is having "being old" as your gimmick.

Even the accent was only added by localization, from what I recall.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait.........

giphy.gif

........wait are you saying it's a good thing to sit at the front row of a movie theater?

Isn't that what regular people think? Keep in mind I've gone to the cinema like three times in the past 10 years. I wouldn't really know.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Listen the universe is folding in on itself because of your current shift in personality, i'm trying to restore it before it all collapses in on itself to form a singularity.

Huh. I was not aware that I was the meaning of life.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, there is being an older character and there is having "being old" as your gimmick.

Same deal as Shura. If he's good by Awakening standards, I'll take him.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Armagon is just trying to bring balance to the force.

Don't lecture me, Sooks! I see through the lies of IntSys!

2 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Isn't that what regular people think? Keep in mind I've gone to the cinema like three times in the past 10 years. I wouldn't really know.

No, they think it sucks because it really bothers your neck to have it craned up the whole movie. And it does suck.

25 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

....who am i kidding, you probably are saying it's a bad thing.

16 minutes ago, Reuben said:

No, sitting at the front row is the absolute worst spot. Because that essentially means tilting your head upwards throughout the entire movie.

It's only acceptable if the seats are reclining but i've gone to a total of one movie theater that had reclining seats and it was only for two rows iirc.

I beat world ️ with everyone and... there’s two more secret worlds instead of just one???? Jesus Christ 3D World, how many levels can you cram into one game! I don’t know if I can deal with two worlds that are more difficult than world ️. C’mon.

Just now, Sooks said:

I beat world ️ with everyone and... there’s two more secret worlds instead of just one???? Jesus Christ 3D World, how many levels can you cram into one game! I don’t know if I can deal with two worlds that are more difficult than world ️. C’mon.

Don't play 3D Land then, that game has a Special world for each of the main ones.

Then again, 3D Land is super piss easy so it doesn't actually feel that long.

Anyways hang in there.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

....who am i kidding, you probably are saying it's a bad thing.

What do you mean? I was not complaining about localization decisions there.

image0-35.jpg

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

What do you mean? I was not complaining about localization decisions there.

My bad, it's just that whenever you talk about Awakening, it's like always in a negative light.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Then again, 3D Land is super piss easy so it doesn't actually feel that long.

Amen!

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image0-35.jpg

Three Houses haters when they discover the FE Community.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My bad, it's just that whenever you talk about Awakening, it's like always in a negative light.

Me personally, I only really dislike it’s gameplay. I mean I think its story wastes its potential but I don’t hate it. I think the soundtrack is massively overrated, but that’s only because there’s like two super good tracks and the rest are okay, so I don’t hate that either.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me personally, I only really dislike it’s gameplay. I mean I think its story wastes its potential but I don’t hate it. I think the soundtrack is massively overrated, but that’s only because there’s like two super good tracks and the rest are okay, so I don’t hate that either.

You also don't act like Awakening was responsible for the murder of your entire family.

Thanks to a rescheduling, instead of having to spend about an hour driving to & fro tomorrow, it was a 10-minute drive today to get my first shot of COVID vaccine about one hour ago. I'm halfway there, thank you modern science!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Considering how books had to be hand-copied in the time before the printing press, i wonder how many stories and non-fiction works are just lost to time. Since copying a book actually took a considerable amount of time, i'm guessing books deemed important (such as scripture) were prioritized over books that weren't and eventually, those types of books were lost.

Well, the book I was taking notes from said that medieval professors, due to the price of parchment making it infeasible for everyone to write their books and essays in academic journals, poured their heart into their lectures. Lectures, as impermanent as spoken words are, were the most readily available way a scholar could make an original contribution to academia.

Books were important to the medieval education, but there is something peculiar in how the shortage of supplies made it significantly oral as well. I think there are grounds for a Phoenix Wright spinoff here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

One thing I like about awakening is that it's basically one of, like, two or three FEs that existed at the time to actually make tiered-Supports an interesting concept.