Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You also don't act like Awakening was responsible for the murder of your entire family.

It did save my favorite series and the first 10 chapters are mostly amazing.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

One thing I like about awakening is that it's basically one of, like, two or three FEs that existed at the time to actually make tiered-Supports an interesting concept.

Tiered supports? What do you mean? How are they made an interesting concept?

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Tiered supports? What do you mean?

FE6+ supports, C-B-A-(S) supports.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How are they made an interesting concept?

Well, they matter for pair up and can break the game. Whether that's a good thing or not is debatable, but it makes sense given Awakening's themes.

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you haven't played Awakening, don't click the video. Unless you don't care about spoilers, idk.

I'm none of these, do I win the prize?

Edited by lightcosmo

Screenshot_3026.png

What do you mean this isn't Gabara? 

Like, i'm all for new Kaiju but like

Gabara_Kaiju_Guide.png?width=431&height=

How is it not Gabara?

Between Godzilla Aquatilis and now Salugna, i wonder if there are gonna be any other Kaiju that looks very similarly to pre-existing Kaiju but have been given a completely different name.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

It definitely feels like Arise is trying to do that. Everytime i look at it, it just feels different from how Tales has usually been.

Hopefully Arise does do well, I'm concerned for the franchise's future if it doesn't. And there is no aspect where I don't rule out the possibility of failure.

I wish I could I play it to judge it myself, but no means to do so ATM. Speaking of playing Tales, why hasn't Namco ported the Symphonia duology to Switch yet? Nor Berseria- which has a Japan-only PS3 version, so the Switch could likely run it. And what about a Xillia duology package? Make the franchise's long history available Nammy.

---

Tales thoughts brought a curious realization into my head.

For the last ~2 1/2 hours of the 60-hour journey that Symphonia is, the villain has lost, and the game becomes about stopping the heroes from losing. Sure the villain is still around, but what they're trying to do at this point isn't a real victory for them, yet if they're allowed to do what they want, then the world the heroes are trying to defend is doomed.

Now I have to ask myself whether or not the stories of other games have done the same. Why? Because I dunno, it sounds different when the villain isn't holding on in the final hour to some ultimate "I win my deepest darkest desires, regardless of whatever you've done for the past 50 hours of adventure" card. I haven't processed many plots yet, but Final Fantasy V registers as another case, after the first phase of the final battle that is. Edit: Maybe FFVI too, since the villain has lost motivation and is thinking on just what is the value of existence by the time of the final battle.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully Arise does do well, I'm concerned for the franchise's future if it doesn't. And there is no aspect where I don't rule out the possibility of failure.

I wish I could I play it to judge it myself, but no means to do so ATM. Speaking of playing Tales, why hasn't Namco ported the Symphonia duology to Switch yet? Nor Berseria- which has a Japan-only PS3 version, so the Switch could likely run it. And what about a Xillia duology package? Make the franchise's long history available Nammy.

Nice it'd be, I'd rather them make a proper localized version of Phantasia.

Though after the fiasco that was the mobile port...

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ngl, even if Arise doesn't do well, i'm finding it kinda hard to imagine a future where Tales isn't financially viable for Namco. It's like one of their biggest series, arguably their flagship at this rate, cause Pac-Man doesn't really seem to be doing much these days.

I actually don't know what Namco's biggest franchise is so i'm just making a guess.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tales on Switch has been surprisingly lackluster honestly, the only game available is Vesparia Definitive.

YES! YES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

VS!Hilda won the fight of the Hildas at the FE subreddit. Just barely pulled through with 4 more votes than 3H!Hilda.

I am so very proud of this community. Just thought I'd let you know.

1 hour ago, Reuben said:

VS!Hilda won the fight of the Hildas at the FE subreddit. Just barely pulled through with 4 more votes than 3H!Hilda.

I am so very proud of this community. Just thought I'd let you know.

Legit, I think the brigades are getting quite sophisticated, the battle of the Deans wasn't exactly one with a clear winner between the two so the margins to win with wouldn't be so simple.

This on the other hand? Impressive.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Legit, I think the brigades are getting quite sophisticated, the battle of the Deans wasn't exactly one with a clear winner between the two so the margins to win with wouldn't be so simple.

This on the other hand? Impressive.

I 100% expected 3H!Hilda to win, because half the voters didn't even know who VS!Hilda was, so they were voting 3H by default.

It's a good day to be a Kaga elitist, it seems.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, don't worry xD

Just sometimes miss the stress free days

Mmkay, if you say so.

12 minutes ago, Reuben said:

It's a good day to be a Kaga elitist, it seems.

Isn't it always?

14 minutes ago, Reuben said:

I 100% expected 3H!Hilda to win, because half the voters didn't even know who VS!Hilda was, so they were voting 3H by default.

Then again, some people voted VS!Hilda because they hated both the other options while also not knowing who she is.