Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The music theme for Anna is titled "I can service you!" in Japanese.

Things like this are localisations I am thankful for, it got changed to "Open for Business!". None of the other titles are quite as eyeopening by the way.

Aren't half of them named after lines? Don't Speak Her Name is a great name even if it's a line, but then there's some that are just... so dumb. Like the one named after the line that Lissa says when a mosquito gets in her mouth. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The fact that it's a song name, I mean. The line is par for the course for early Awakening.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aren't half of them named after lines? Don't Speak Her Name is a great name even if it's a line, but then there's some that are just... so dumb. Like the one named after the line that Lissa says when a mosquito gets in her mouth. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The fact that it's a song name, I mean. The line is par for the course for early Awakening.

I mean, I brought up that one because..... well, what does it sound like to you?

meh i am leaving the map for later. Wind spear not working due to Boss's 6x attack spear.

So it's either Doyenne chip or 6x Rng.

I am gonna take a shower and do something else. Not in the mood for this.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

It's just got a bunch of little problems that irk me.

Oh i agree with you. Like i said i hated how it has terrain that slows horsies down while most of your army is horsies is kinda a Kaga why design.

But i will take it over playing Revelation Kaga edition

Edited by Shrimperor

Unrelated, but there's a chapter in Holy Sword of Silvanister literally called "Clouds of War."

And then it plays Rival Leaders as its map theme and not the track Clouds of War II. 

Damnit, Kaga.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I brought up that one because..... well, what does it sound like to you?

Just now, Spara said:

Unrelated, but there's a chapter in Holy Sword of Silvanister literally called "Clouds of War."

And then it plays Rival Leaders as its map theme and not the track Clouds of War II. 

Damnit, Kaga.

Kaga works in mysterious ways.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

@Armagon It's dropable, so you can have it for yourself. And it's 1 range.

But the boss is stuck in a corner of the map where only your flier can reach because you only can kill 4 max other units of that faction until you kill him. Otherwise they will start killing green units.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, i think Rival Leaders is more of a Clouds of War Sequel than Clouds of War 2 is

Fair. Plus, Clouds of War II is used very well in HSoS. Still pretty funny though.

Edited by Spara

Also, I've played back up through Chapter 5 of my alt scenes run of VS1. Merida got captured Turn 1 of Ch2 for the silken knight event, and Aslanne and Sheela worked together to kill off Marlena and Beorn. Yes, Sheela. Aslanne merked Beorn by herself, but Sheela's Rambling Rose hit was necessary to get the kill; Aslanne was not quite able to kill. Also, my Sheela got two points of strength in 3 levels. Blessed.

Edited by Spara

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

depends on game. Awakening is one of the more EP focused ones.

Than again, so is like, most of the series. Only New Mystery, Conquest, 3 Houses, Berwick and now that i am playing it Vestaria have a more player phase focus. 

ummm, that wasn't serious one bit...

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's how Awakening works. Everyone has 20 defense thanks to pair up, so the maps just require advancing and watching things happen. That's it.

Nah i understand what you mean.

Oh my God, really? Did they really just give Panne a skill that grants her 2 move when she's paired up? That might as well be a pair of boots, there's literally no reason not to pair up! Did human beings design this game, or was it automatically generated by an AI?

Seriously, all of Panne's important stats are in the 30s. Gregor's no slouch as a support unit, either. Together, there's just no defeating them. I am performing warpskips without warp just by using them.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, all of Panne's important stats are in the 30s. Gregor's no slouch as a support unit, either. Together, there's just no defeating them. I am performing warpskips without warp just by using them.

Warpbunny confirmed?

Honestly Gryphon Knight could have more done with it, but it's only shown up in this game (in FE, I do realise it exists in Vestaria) and it's not a great class in the end.

As it stands however? Not really an issue huh?

(You fight Walhart yet?)

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Warpbunny confirmed?

Honestly Gryphon Knight could have more done with it, but it's only shown up in this game (in FE, I do realise it exists in Vestaria) and it's not a great class in the end.

As it stands however? Not really an issue huh?

(You fight Walhart yet?)

I'm on it. I lost against him, because instead of turtling, I lost my patience and attempted a rescue strat on him. I think if I forge a killer axe for Panne and give it a couple of attempts, I can 2 turn the map rather easily.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God, really? Did they really just give Panne a skill that grants her 2 move when she's paired up? That might as well be a pair of boots, there's literally no reason not to pair up! Did human beings design this game, or was it automatically generated by an AI?

I think they were going for "fun" over "stressful," haha. 

(This is a joke, please dont shoot)

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I lost my patience and attempted a rescue strat on him. I think if I forge a killer axe for Panne and give it a couple of attempts, I can 2 turn the map rather easily.

WTD does have an impact, alongside Walhart himself ignoring fucking around.

I'd also worry about the next chapter, considering skipping the whole thing's further away.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean if they were younger me didn't argue.

(This is a joke, please dont shoot)

I shall hereby pull the trigger: This is...

...Okay, look, I will give you this much: I am having fun trying to figure out the best way to 2-turn Walmart. At this point I'm just straight up speedrunning this game... Which might actually lead to me beating it. Which, in turn, means I've no arguments to put it below Path of Radiance... So it may just be saved from rock bottom.

Just saying.

Just now, Dayni said:

WTD does have an impact, alongside Walhart himself ignoring fucking around.

Panne 2-shots him with two crits. Unfortunately, that requires a bit of luck, so it'll take me a couple attempts. But yeah.

... i said not to shoot, Shrimpy... 

Now I'm seriously really and honestly sad.

But I praised Awakening, how can you be sad

Okay, I've a correction: After a rally from Edgy Kabba, Panne 2-shots Walmart with one crit and one regular hit. Even if Walmart hits her back.

I cannot handle this amount of power.

I... I think I may be falling in love.