• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People will latch on to anything. As for "the taint of illegitimacy", well, I suppose I understand the concern. Even if I personally don't find it to be such a grave sin to steal a few games from a multimillionaire, multinational corporation that makes more millions than any of their fanbase will ever see in their entire lives. Games that they aren't even selling anymore, don't forget.

Well, it could also be an evangelizing desire in the fanbase.

People who unofficially given stuff like the Mario trilogy is official emulate are a minority of gamers. It might not be that difficult to do, but the illegality or any slight complexity greatly curtails the number of gamers who emulate. There are many who may like the Mother 3, but haven't had the chance to play it, because the only option is emulation.

If you are an ardent fan of Berwick Saga Mother 3, you may go around telling people about the good word and wish to see them all partake of it. If an official release greatly expands possible number of players of the Good Game, then why wouldn't you want an official translation?

"Bunch of outlaws it chooses not to punish" and "excrement-filled gutter" are interesting descriptions for a group of people doing Nintendo's job for them for free.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's truly what they think of them. Corporate is horrible.

Fixed.

It's not just Nintendo, I think most corporations would be opposed to stuff like this, because they want to exercise complete control of everything. Although Nintendo was in the right to take down the Princess Peach hentai fan-game (the link is to an article about Nintendo shutting the game down- it's safe and not against SF rules) if you ask me.

Companies that toss their games on PCs might be more flexible, given mods are a thing on the personal computer, but Nintendo doesn't put their games there. And I think Banpresto was a little nicer one time when it hired fan translators to work on one of its more recent SRW official translations.

In any case, I like Mother 3. I do think it is a pretty damn great story and fun gameplay for a RPG standards. That being said... yeah, people are way obsessed with it. The mystique of Nintendo's neglect, perhaps. I do think there's some merit to it, but it's never good to hype something so much. That's how you get disappointed. Like me with a certain title in a series called something along the lines of Hot Brooch.

Any title that doesn't get official international release, or is super-hard to obtain legitimately, can become "forbidden fruit", which is made all the more delicious because you can't have it. Of course, once you have it and take a bite, you might conclude the fruit is borderline inedible. 

For me, an old game called "Suikoden 2" was my most recent "hyped beyond all hope, and I got burnt" game (Final Fantasy XII might apply too). Which is why nowadays, I try to be very anti-hype, although giving in to hype is alluring I admit.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I went back to Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and thought about it. And you know what?

Screenshot_3050.png?width=772&height=432

It belongs here.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 seems to be quite a popular Mario. I had it but I didn’t get very far...

TRUE!

I wanna replay that to see if it's worthy of entering The Masterpiece Club. Problem is, i sold the 3DS version years ago and i actually prefer that version over the N64 original (both are still based tho) and i doubt i have a chance with Citra.

If I had a masterpiece club, it would probably go there.

I don’t think 3DSes go for that much, but money is a rarity sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I made the mistake of reading a few comments on that article.

Spoiler

”Actually you can beat the entire game without having [redacted] at all. Its called the virgin run, where you must manage to get past and defeat all the enemies and bosses without Peach losing her virginity. Its a very difficult task, yet not impossible given it gives you a secret ending.” Trivia.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I had it but I didn’t get very far...

Don't know if you still have it but you should go correct that error.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think 3DSes go for that much, but money is a rarity sometimes.

No i have my 3DS, i just don't have Majora's Mask 3D anymore.

I'm sure used copies don't go for much but still.

Man, Monsoon and Sundowner have nothing to them, the poor bastards. Aside from being fun and having godly music, the two morons fell in no time at all. So far the boss that's given me the most trouble was... the two generic-ass GRADs at the end of Mexico. Huh. Here's hoping Meme Man will be more of a challenge.

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

she and

PkiGel2.png

have definetly been the MVPs

I benched Troy lol

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bonus: Pink Axe lady

e9VoPx0.png

Ah, this is more what I'm used to, yes.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oG37WYj.png

😞

I do remember this detail tho from the so often shared map xD

Zade is mindful of the carpet. Clearly the true successor to Reese: Furniture above all.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's definitely a Spain thing because i can't recall ostia ever being a swear in Spanish.

Might be a Spain-exclusive thing, I don't know. But it's really, really common here.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't know if you still have it but you should go correct that error.

I have neither it nor the wii.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No i have my 3DS, i just don't have Majora's Mask 3D anymore.

I'm sure used copies don't go for much but still.

Oh, well that’s better.

As far as 3DS vs. N64 goes, I haven’t played the N64 version but I can’t see how it would be better. The Zora being able to swim all cool like would be nice, but other than that I feel like the remake is better in like... every other aspect.

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

The game crashed... damn.

Shrimpy experienced that a lot, if you’re talking about... whatever KagaSaga is being played here, I don’t keep track of the names.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As far as 3DS vs. N64 goes, I haven’t played the N64 version but I can’t see how it would be better. The Zora being able to swim all cool like would be nice, but other than that I feel like the remake is better in like... every other aspect.

The 3DS remake is superior due to the simple fact that it allows you to savescum the Goron race.

Deadass, those Gorons actually cheat, it's so stupid.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

I stand vindicated.

Vindicated on what?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

The most random thing, but it's golden.

I can't really tell the man no, can I?

(Also, imo the argument about not using fanslations just seems bizarre to me. I would make it clear credit should be given, but even as the bones of a script from where changes end up made seems like a waste to ignore unless it's garbage from the off.)

Today I learned that "I'm a Believer" wasn't made by Smash Mouth for Shrek, and that it was actually first recorded by The Monkees in 1966. My whole life has been a lie.

And sad news, today is the last day Godzilla vs. Kong is available on HBO Max (for now, it'll probably be added back eventually). Maybe I'll rewatch it again later.

Lastly, now that The Great Ace Attorney collection is being localized, I have more motivation to continue my Ace Attorney series playthough. Having recently finished the second case of Dual Destinies, I'm now doing the orca-defending DLC case before moving on to case 3. Previously I played the DLC case after finishing the game, but I'm doing this order now because it takes place between cases 2 and 3 chronologically. The chronological case order in DD is rather strange, it goes 2 -> DLC -> 3 -> first half of 4 -> 1 -> second half of 4 -> 5. At least the next game's case order is straightforward.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The 3DS remake is superior due to the simple fact that it allows you to savescum the Goron race.

I can’t say I’ve ever had much trouble with it, it’s only taken me a few tries each time. But losing even once and having to go back sounds tedious.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>enter a room
>sudden enemy spawns
>tries to kill room boss
>Aegis x 4 times ''25%''
>Merida somehow gets hit and dies
>reset
>gets critted

:'D

K A G A

No but really, that's some bad luck, sheesh...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can’t say I’ve ever had much trouble with it, it’s only taken me a few tries each time. But losing even once and having to go back sounds tedious.

It's not that it's hard, it's that the AI actually cheats. You could do it perfectly and the AI will get a random speed boost out of nowhere.

Just now, Armagon said:

It's not that it's hard, it's that the AI actually cheats. You could do it perfectly and the AI will get a random speed boost out of nowhere.

Cheats, how? Just by randomly getting a speed boost? If it’s not a big speed boost it might still be easy.

Do they still do that in the 3DS version?

Just now, Sooks said:

Cheats, how? Just by randomly getting a speed boost? If it’s not a big speed boost it might still be easy.

It can be enough to overtake you for no reason.

Just now, Sooks said:

Do they still do that in the 3DS version?

I'm pretty sure they do but because you can actually save the game, you can just rinse and repeat until the AI plays fair.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The heck is "savescumming the Goron Race" supposed to mean? You can just try until you win. Unless you mean the remake allows you to save in the middle of the race.

The whole area before Armstrong feels so tacked on. Just... straight corridor through a hangar and boom, you're there. It's the like the devs knew nobody would want to waste too much time on generics before getting to the Meme Man himself.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The heck is "savescumming the Goron Race" supposed to mean? You can just try until you win. Unless you mean the remake allows you to save in the middle of the race.

Savescumming in that Majora's Mask is under a timelimit and while you could keep trying again in the original, that would also end up taking time.

Granted, the timelimit isn't a big deal but the more time left, the better, right?