Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

MGS isn't PS2? Dang.

MGS1 was released on the PS1, but it also has a GameCube remake that changes some things (and by that, I mean it adds ridiculously over the top action). 2 and 3 were released on the PS2, 4 was released on the PS3, and 5 was released on a bunch of things. Peace Walker, which is considered a main game despite not being numbered, was released on the PSP. There are also Metal Gear 1 and 2 (which are different from Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2) that were originally released on the MSX2.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

MGS is a series I sorta wanna get into, but I think I spoiled myself on the whole thing.

Honestly the plot is so complicated that I'd be surprised if you spoiled everything before playing it.

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Nobody will now for sure what exactly was the original ending, but the ending that the story was leading to would involve basically the entire main cast dying and a global genocide of the human race.

Ah, so the End of Evangelion all over again.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

The personal maps

Reveal hidden contents

For Sylvis, Ruby, Kramer, and Faye. The wiki calls them X-1, X-2, and so on.

I did Ruby's when Sylvis's showed up, but after finishing ruby's, Sylvis's event wasn't there anymore.

Ah. I didn't know about the one-per-chapter thing.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Honestly the plot is so complicated that I'd be surprised if you spoiled everything before playing it.

Hm. There were a lot of acronyms.

Still, fighting Big Boss is gonna hurt me inside.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah, so the End of Evangelion all over again.

Actually, The Eternal Champion's ending.

1475663277_TheEternalChampionending.thumb.png.fc2a180cd167fcf067a0c3a518ed052c.png

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I can see how that would be unpleasant. What happened instead? Shrimpy compared the protag (at least I think that’s who) to an incel. You can put it in a spoiler tag, I will probably never watch this show and have no interest at the moment.

That's because the entire work was retconned to be the story of how a 2000 years old loli who was in love with her rapist wanted to see Eren (the MC) being beheaded by his adoptive sister, who he was apparently in love with even though he never showed any interest in her in the previous 138 chapters (SnK has 139 chapters, FYK). The incel part was because one the early translations made it seem like he did said genocide because his sister rejected him.

1617797375556.thumb.png.08344d4d01082d8640252b3c04ac5f26.png

YES! YES YEEEESSSS! I FINALLY GOT YAKUZA 0 RUNNING WITH JOYCONS!

It's Rush time, children. Oh yes.

15 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

That's because the entire work was retconned to be the story of how a 2000 years old loli who was in love with her rapist wanted to see Eren (the MC) being beheaded by his adoptive sister, who he was apparently in love with even though he never showed any interest in her in the previous 138 chapters (SnK has 139 chapters, FYK). The incel part was because one the early translations made it seem like he did said genocide because his sister rejected him.

1617797375556.thumb.png.08344d4d01082d8640252b3c04ac5f26.png

So then, what was it about before?

And why does she have a strong desire to see someone specifically beheaded by a specific person?

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

YES! YES YEEEESSSS! I FINALLY GOT YAKUZA 0 RUNNING WITH JOYCONS!

It's Rush time, children. Oh yes.

Hooray! Hope you enjoy!

Just now, Sooks said:

Hooray! Hope you enjoy!

Dear lord, it's amazing. It's so good.

...I am very bad at it, but it's so much fun.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

That’s how you know you love it.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, hypothetically speaking, how viable do you guys think a diviner Corrin would be? Just been thinking about Conquest today, for no particular reason.

+Mag/-Luck Corrin would probably work with it. You would probably want to build up a core of magic users to get the most out of the magic rally, like using Elise, Ophelia, Leo, Odin, possibly even Felicia and Nyx. Even if you don't invest too heavy in the playable mages, you probably still want to play Ophelia's paralogue for the loot available in it, as you can get a spirit dust, an early lightning (C rank 1 might brave tome that adds a -2 debuff to magic and skill on the user after use), Horse Spirit (D rank, 4 might tome that grants +3 skill, speed, defense, and resistance when equipped), and Calamity Gate (C rank 7 might tome, reverses and doubles weapon triangle, also +1 speed and defense when equipped).

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I keep hearing about this Ophelia. I probably should get her next run.

There's a capturable boss in her paralogue, you see. That's the real draw.

Ophelia is best mage of Fates... plus the amazing loot for whatever mages you are using is the real draw (see above...)

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Silesse (Silesia)! And Bern, Crimea, Gallia, Etruria, Sacae (Saka), Verdun, A(g)ustria, Nabatea, Munster, Leonster (Leinster), Connaught, Alster.

Forgot Thracia as well there...

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The most random thing, but it's golden.

A noble goal, but after the tragic failure of monumental efforts starman.net exerted to move the hearts of Nintendo, I feel it falls on the deafest of ears...

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Remove Zelda. Wind Waker is the best Zelda.

That is a funny way of spelling Majora's Mask...

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally, I played through Earthbound, it was in ways dated and little bluntly difficult, but mostly fine. Yet, Mother 3 interests me not, the hype around it has convinced me it stands not a chance in fourteen hells of being matched by the reality. And supposedly, Japan isn't obsessed with Mother the way the Western cult is, and actually prefers Mother 1 to Mother 3, which has almost absolutely nothing to do with Mother 1 & 2.

Yeah, nothing can live up to that level of hype, but try and forget the hype and give it a try anyway. It is still a game that is worth playing even if it didn't die for our sins...

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Quick, anyone got recommendations not called Berwick because I already have it?

Persona 3 FES, and We ❤️ Katamari, if you haven't played the remasters of these games, then I would also suggest: Katamari Damacy, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders, Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner, or MGS3:Snake Eater

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So then, what was it about before?

About how the world is fucked up because parents keep burdening their children (and the future generations) with their sins.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And why does she have a strong desire to see someone specifically beheaded by a specific person?

Only Ymir knows.

Seriously. That's the answer the author gave to us.

image.jpeg.6f105db233cfd97c4346161262d91206.jpeg

Edited by Maof06

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I was asking PS2 games, but MGS 1-3 is a suggestion.

If you don't mind SMT, well, Nocturne is getting HD Remastered, but Atlus hasn't said anything about Digital Devil Saga yet. The Digital Devil Saga duology isn't too bad, if unfortunately rushed towards the end of DDS2 due to the writer catching illness during development apparently.

The Super Robot Taisen/Wars Original Generations 1&2 bundle might not be the worse point for trying the franchise if official anime mecha is a turn-off/overwhelming b/c you haven't watched a single episode of that stuff. All the pilots and robots are Banpresto originals, so there is no need at all to watch any of fifteen different anime and or anime subsidies.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

MGS1 was released on the PS1, but it also has a GameCube remake that changes some things (and by that, I mean it adds ridiculously over the top action).

And a new translation. Kojima wasn't happy about the English localization of the PS1 version and asked for a more literal translation in subsequent MGSes and the GC remake.

Whether or not Kojima was right to demand a new translation...

• Well he is the author, authors deserve rights about what happens to their works.
  • But his first language is Japanese and you could possibly argue he doesn't know what sounds best in English.
  • And apart from that, you can get into the old "strict translation" vs. "translation modifies form to keep the spirit intact" vs. "translation that adapt things to be "understandable" by the translation's audience" debate.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I wanted to have motor skills to play these games, but I think that only turn-based games are good for me.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is a funny way of spelling Majora's Mask...

Wind Waker is the only Zelda that I've played, so...

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Super Robot Taisen/Wars Original Generations 1&2 bundle might not be the worse point for trying the franchise if official anime mecha is a turn-off/overwhelming b/c you haven't watched a single episode of that stuff. All the pilots and robots are Banpresto originals, so there is no need at all to watch any of fifteen different anime and or anime subsidies.

There's still the downside that they're Japanese only. I don't think there's a fan translation for OGs yet.

A Link Between Worlds is my favorite Zelda because it's the only one I have played and finished.

This automatically says being myself no fan of this series.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Persona 3 FES, and We ❤️ Katamari, if you haven't played the remasters of these games, then I would also suggest: Katamari Damacy, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders, Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner, or MGS3:Snake Eater

What is Katamari?

Wanted to start with Persona 5 Strikers yesterday, but migrain ruined my plans.

This will be made up for today.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I wanted to have motor skills to play these games, but I think that only turn-based games are good for me.

Luckily for you, Easy mode is a thing!

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a new translation. Kojima wasn't happy about the English localization of the PS1 version and asked for a more literal translation in subsequent MGSes and the GC remake.

Whether or not Kojima was right to demand a new translation...

• Well he is the author, authors deserve rights about what happens to their works.
  • But his first language is Japanese and you could possibly argue he doesn't know what sounds best in English.
  • And apart from that, you can get into the old "strict translation" vs. "translation modifies form to keep the spirit intact" vs. "translation that adapt things to be "understandable" by the translation's audience" debate.

Oh really? Is that why in Snake Eater, Big Boss needed to be explained about Adam and Eve as if he never heard of it and why Volgen kept saying "Kuwabara"?

Edited by BrightBow

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Only Ymir knows.

Seriously. That's the answer the author gave to us.

image.jpeg.6f105db233cfd97c4346161262d91206.jpeg

Google says Ymir in AoT is similar to a god, so... that’s cop out.

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Wind Waker is the only Zelda that I've played, so...

You should correct that, specifically with Majora if you have a 3DS lying around. Ocarina is good too, and so is Twilight if you have a wii or Wii U (or a GameCube for some reason). Breath of the Wild is excellent as well, but pretty different.

57 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Nobody will now for sure what exactly was the original ending, but the ending that the story was leading to would involve basically the entire main cast dying and a global genocide of the human race.

If "genocide" equates to "100% extinction", tweaking things to avert that whilst keeping the general feel of genocide wouldn't have been impossible. What you'd need is to select an Adam & Eve, or several pairs of them, but no more than enough to fit on maybe a space battleship, depends somewhat on the scope of the world. The bigger the world, the more Lif and Lifthrasirs you can live behind and still preserve the very bittersweet ending.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's still the downside that they're Japanese only. I don't think there's a fan translation for OGs yet.

Original Generations was finished back in December of last year actually.

OG Gaiden therefore must be years away, which annoys me because listening to its versions of Crimson Shura God and Roar O One Who Breaks Supremacy are off-limits until then, I have to stick EF's renditions.

Original Generations was finished back in December of last year actually.

OG Gaiden therefore must be years away, which annoys me because listening to its versions of Crimson Shura God and Roar O One Who Breaks Supremacy are off-limits until then, I have to stick EF's renditions.

Can't play them just like that, huh.

I know enough Japanese to play them without a fan translation. Of course, that way I still can't enjoy the crossover goodness, so I always have the story summaries that thankfully exist to check them out.

Ocarina of Time is fine on the 3DS. As for Majora's Mask... well, I suppose it's the kind of remaster you get if people if the original devs weren't involved. There is no rhyme or reason behind them.
Quite frankly a lot of these changes seem downright meant to parody the dull formula of the post Ocarina of Time era. Like changing every single boss to give them a big glowy eye weakpoint. Or changing the Ice arrows so they can no longer create platforms at will but instead only activate existing platforms. They turned from a fun tool that encourages creativity to a glorified door key.
And needing magic for swimming is just a huge pile of random nonsense.

So yeah, most changes to the remake make no goddamn sense. Only reason to play it over the original is the improved framerate. Which is of course significant, not gonna lie.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't play them just like that, huh.

The issue is that, whilst I can attach the EF versions of Crimson Asura God and ROOWBS to Alady, the OG Gaiden versions are for this Folka kid, who glancing his head looks like the Father-Originator to Alady the Son-Clone. I feel like I kinda need to understand him and his context to fully synchronize myself with the OG Gaiden renditions and unleash full enjoyment of them.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

E0RdbDGVoAg8ryt?format=jpg&name=large

👍

I'm not the biggest Metroid fan, but I will say Super Metroid is a crown jewel of the SNES era for Nintendo.

Both versions of Majora's Mask are fine, it honestly just comes down to preference. It's why i rank the games together, not something i usually do with remakes.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

1375131314637.gif

Gif broke.

I'm not the biggest Metroid fan, but I will say Super Metroid is a crown jewel of the SNES era for Nintendo.

I don't have any other Metroid experience so i can't say how this compares to the rest of the series but as i'll say in my review that i'm typing rn, this was a damn good first impression.