Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I did notice the stupidly OP Panne In Rubenio's signature, and Benice is now a Yakuza fan, it looks like, but otherwise, I'm pretty in the dark!

Yes, I sold my soul to Majima.  Now that you're back, I will be forcing you to become an acolyte as well

...Aside from that, I finished off my HHM ironman! I had a 6% survival rate! I'm also working on making my own game in SRPG studio, but...Well, it's got a long way to go. I'm also quite over the moon, 'cause I've really been missing you. I promised to play Nights of Azure as well, so that's a thing. I was gonna pick it up when it was on sale, but I chose not to, 'cause I heard that the PC port isn't as fantastic as the PS4 ver., so I'll wait 'till I get a PS4. Someday.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I decided to return to my General-only run, because I never, ever, give up, and there's something I have to say.

Pink-haired Morgan is kinda cute, ngl.

1202487221_Morganacute!.png.9de6ad788c8ba06f3d1ca1fd42837029.png

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

I decided to return to my General-only run, because I never, ever, give up, and there's something I have to say.

I am sorry for your loss.

...I think?

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I am sorry for your loss.

...I think?

You don't have to be sorry. I decided to bring heavy weaponry.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so him suiciding into my Iron Duke wasn't canon huh

Spoiler

It's very unclear. In the dialogue, it's implied Baymonk recognizes Zade, but he's alive and still has the Euphoria. Maybe it's just a reality where Zade took the path and murdered the boss, leaving Baymonk alone?

11 minutes ago, Spara said:
Spoiler

Maybe it's just a reality where Zade took the path and murdered the boss, leaving Baymonk alone?

Spoiler

I took the path and murdered everyone else in the group haha

Btw, how can i reach that island with the blue crystal? Will i get a flier or something later in the map, or will i get a unit that can swim?

Unit i capture will join next map, from what i understood, right?

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, how can i reach that island with the blue crystal? Will i get a flier or something later in the map, or will i get a unit that can swim?

Unit i capture will join next map, from what i understood, right?

If the dragon is alive it'll carry over the Thaumite crystal eventually. And yeah, the captured units will join next map. So Pollux, Castor, and Karajan will all hop into the party in Ch4 if you capture them. And you should do it, because not having a full recruitment makes one moment wayyyy less impactful.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh big F

I killed it lol...

Oh well.

I believe you shared some videos about it before, and that sparked an interest to play them as well! Might look into that, at some point!

Allow me to warn you the Baten Kaitos combat is unusual with the card (Magnus) system. It isn't for everyone, and it wasn't perfect on the first attempt, or the second attempt which opted to overhaul instead of refine what was already there. It's why I hesitate to ever recommend them.

As for Fumi, that would be amazing! That scene where she tossed laptops at Trumpeter and managed to convince him was absolutely glorious!

One of the best scenes in the game. To think you could "convince" One Who Heralds the Arrival of the End of the World like that.😆 I'd like to see Fumi try to "persuade" Pale Rider.

As a random aside, I'm not sure if you left at when I noticed it, but I stumbled on some Luminous Arc 3 videos on YouTube posted in recent months. Someone -apparently not of the highest understanding of Japanese according to the vid comments they themselves have posted- has been working on an English translation for the game. It may be possible that the fan translation is complete before the year is over.

I don't need the translation to be of the highest quality for me to play it. As long as it's good enough to make me smile and occasionally laugh -and the English isn't "funny" simply because it's horrendously broken and unnatural- I'll be good. I need to play the game, because part of me has been wanting to since ~2009.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah and apparently this game didn't get completely translated, as most of the text during combat and battle menu are still in Japanese.

*Checks the date on the translation*

December 2008, that's ages ago. Fan translations have come a long way in terms of quality since then I think. Sounds like it it could use some additions and revisions -after XS I&II is done that is. That'll never happen.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Spara Some lore/Story questions since the translations/game wasn't exactly clear

Spoiler

1. How long has it been actually since VS1?

2. The game is talking about a civil war...not in Meldea, right? We already out of Meldea and on the way to the Temple if i understood correctly.

3. Well, this is more a gameplay question, but: Should i bother training the generics? I will use them if i need to, but i don't need to train them, right? Also is Merlinus 2.0 the only way to access convoy?

Edited by Shrimperor

Spoiler
Just now, Shrimperor said:

How long has it been actually since VS1?

IIRC it has not been a long time at all. VS1 ended in like 1026, and HSoS takes place soon after. So, maybe a month? Not 100%.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The game is talking about a civil war...not in Meldea, right? We already out of Meldea and on the way to the Temple if i understood correctly.

Misrir, the island Zade sails to, is undergoing a civil war. You'll meet both sides of it: Count Laurec, a local ruler, and Baruch of Cordea, the second son of the Duke of Cordea of the four major duchies of Meleda (the others being Redessa, Frall, and Frist).

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, this is more a gameplay question, but: Should i bother training the generics? I will use them if i need to, but i don't need to train them, right? Also is Merlinus 2.0 the only way to access convoy?

Generics? Do you mean Pollux and Castor? They... I gave them a couple levels, and they were comfortably usable the whole game. 

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Pink-haired Morgan is kinda cute, ngl.

1202487221_Morganacute!.png.9de6ad788c8ba06f3d1ca1fd42837029.png

Oh yeah, that does look nice. I had dark blue haired female Morgan, as all men of culture do.

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And the Sphirian healer i captured.

Pollux and Castor will have their use in maps with water, i reckon.

The Sphirian healer, Karajan, is awesome. He's got a 3% move growth, and can use dark magic at base!

2 minutes ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

The Sphirian healer, Karajan, is awesome. He's got a 3% move growth, and can use dark magic at base!

Spoiler

If only i had a dark tome with me...

Or any tome for that matter that isn't Accorte's PRF.

Shop when...

Question btw: will there be a T3 promotion? Any unit coming from VS1 is promoted already, and so are alot of the enemies we are facing

Edited by Shrimperor

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Question btw: will there be a T3 promotion? Any unit coming from VS1 is promoted already, and so are alot of the enemies we are facing

No. All units have a level cap of 30, though. The game does encourage you to use everybody a bit. 

Also, checked back, and it's only about a week after VS1. It's why Accorte complains about her and Zade walking for so long, because they've been doing it nearly nonstop for that long. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:
Spoiler

All units have a level cap of 30, though.

Spoiler

Oh! Thanks for the info there! Even unpromoted go until 30?

2 minutes ago, Spara said:
Spoiler

it's only about a week after VS1. It's why Accorte complains about her and Zade walking for so long, because they've been doing it nearly nonstop for that long.

I see. Interesting. Thanks!

Spoiler

If it's only been a week tho shouldn't more people recognize Zade?

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, that does look nice. I had dark blue haired female Morgan, as all men of culture do.

Absolute man of culture.

Aether.png.6aa8995f271f18fe854c2ba1bfced61d.png

Spoiler
Just now, Shrimperor said:

Oh! Thanks for the info there! Even unpromoted go until 30?

Yes. The two armor and cav duos have promo events. 

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If it's only been a week tho shouldn't more people recognize Zade?

I mean, it's a week's journey north of Regina, a place Zade's never been. No surprise they don't recognize him.

1 minute ago, Spara said:
  Hide contents

I mean, it's a week's journey north of Regina, a place Zade's never been. No surprise they don't recognize him.

Spoiler

Zade visited the capital of Saskatchewan?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

More like T-elos didn't exist yet. Namco x Capcom is 2005, Xenosaga Episode III was 2006.

Interestingly enough, the Xenosaga characters are using their Episode I designs as opposed to their Episode II designs, which was more recent at the time.

Fine by me tho, I don't really like Episode II KOS-MOS' design that much.

I just want Shion to get acknowledgement dangit, Project X Zone had T-elos be KOS-MOS's partner for crying out loud. T-elos being in Xenoblade 2 over Shion is forgivable though, as Shion has a character based on her in KOS-MOS's quest and she wouldn't make sense as a Blade anyway.

While I am somewhat annoyed that T-elos being evil KOS-MOS is enough to make her the only other XS character that appears in crossovers, Project X Zone 2 has her and Metal Face flirting with each other so at least something good came out of it.