• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think he has bigger worries than that, namely being dead. The voice actor passed on sometime after FE Fates was done in 2015-2016, and before FE Heroes in 2017.

Oh, God, no. The man's final role was that? Oh, goodness... That is so sad. At least the English actor's still alive...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fun fact: Stuff like that only happens because of Falcom's Spaghetti code. Instead of having one ''This chest is empty'' which all chests refer to, they coded a ''This chest is empty'' for every chest. The translators decided to have some fun

This is Three Houses levels of technical incompetence.

Good thing it at least allowed the translators to prove their mettle as the greatest people ever.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fun fact: Stuff like that only happens because of Falcom's Spaghetti code. Instead of having one ''This chest is empty'' which all chests refer to, they coded a ''This chest is empty'' for every chest. The translators decided to have some fun

Chad Falcom translators vs. probably equally chad VS1 translators, with all the insane meta jokes in places like the prologue.

Truly, their battle would be legendary.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good thing it at least allowed the translators to prove their mettle as the greatest people ever.

I wonder how many chests there are then. But yeah, it did.

By the way, this is me officially joining the group of people who want you to play this game. I can’t believe I got this for 10 bucks.

Edited by Sooks

This goes for all 5 classic Trails games btw. Even if 2 of them are only fantranslated, the fantranslators decided to continue on the fun.

When Falcom finally fixed their spaghetti code in the modern Trails games, the english fanbase despaired....

Until some kind of chests (but not all chests) in the modern games continued the tradition. in CS2 atleast iirc.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I wonder how many chests there are then.

there's an achievement for that.

163 in FC

516 in SC (i got 504 reeeeeeeeeee)

and ~300 in Sky3rd iirc

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

there's an achievement for that.

163 in FC

516 in SC (i got 504 reeeeeeeeeee)

and ~300 in Sky3rd iirc

😯 Holy moly!

Does each of those chests have a different line across the games?

o5nPQYg.jpg
Considering the context, this is wonderful.

In other news Joshua is cool now, he stopped them both from failing (probably).

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

By the way, this is me officially joining the group of people who want you to play this game. I can’t believe I got this for 10 bucks.

I mean, I already got it. For less than you, too. At this point Conquest Crave is the only thing keeping me from it.

inb4 you all like play until modern Trails and like and spam modern Trails post while i, the one who got y'all into it, drown in Nostalgia xD

wouldn't be the first time

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

In other news Joshua is cool now, he stopped them both from failing (probably).

Joshua's one of the best. One of my favorite fictional male characters for sure.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

This is Three Houses levels of technical incompetence.

It's like how Gamefreak are with their character models for events, but on a larger scale with small amounts of code.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think he has bigger worries than that, namely being dead. The voice actor passed on sometime after FE Fates was done in 2015-2016, and before FE Heroes in 2017.

Well that's a horrible end to go out on.

So, I've had some curiosity about Valkyria Chronicles, just wanting to ask if they're familiar with the PC/Switch versions and if there's any issues with them they found playing them.

I mean, I already got it. For less than you, too. At this point Conquest Crave is the only thing keeping me from it.

Well yeah but you could play Berwick 500 times before then. I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

inb4 you all like play until modern Trails and like and spam modern Trails post while i, the one who got y'all into it, drown in Nostalgia xD

You’ve done that with people before? Awesome!

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How about you do me a favor then and go back to the Garhav(?) Trilogy of Legend of Heroes and tell me exactly how bad the English translation work is there? Look backwards, not forwards.😄

Remember:

"Who decided that tomorrow will be a bright new day? Such proclamations are the source of man's anxiety. Peace lies with the cold, still past."

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So, I've had some curiosity about Valkyria Chronicles, just wanting to ask if they're familiar with the PC/Switch versions and if there's any issues with them they found playing them.

Not sure of the Switch port of the first game, but VC4's Switch version was fine.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well yeah but you could play Berwick 500 times before then. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Ahahahahahahahahaha! I mean, look. Last time I played Berwick I was drowning in boredom because I had nothing to play. So I went for the old reliable. Plus, I had a clear goal - to make Reese's room utterly fabulous.

I've got a cozy backlog of two games now. Not to worry, Berwick can wait for that 6th playthrough.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've been getting people into Trails since 2015 m8 xD

To quote Gunter, "marry meStill got it."

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about you do me a favor then and go back to the Garhav(?) Trilogy of Legend of Heroes and tell me exactly how bad the English translation work is there? Look backwards, not forwards.😄

sadly, i am not interested in the psp versions of the games, only PC, which aren't translated.

But i've seen some videos of the Gagharv trilogy psp translation and they were bad

To quote Gunter, marry meStill got it."

tIL2rKW.png

Plus, I had a clear goal - to make Reese's room utterly fabulous.

Oh yeah, did you get all the furniture like you wanted?