Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But where would Dark Cult and dragon plot destroyer of doom fit in that?

The king secretly sent away his land and riches to the dark cult instead of his children and the cult wants to use them to revive the dragon but they need the royal sword which can only be used by his heirs and so they make a conflict to trick protag into using it how they need it to. There, now it’s fe.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of inheritance disputes, these are a very underused conflict-starter in FE.
How interesting would it be, if we had an FE game where protagonist and antagonist are just kids of a king who passed away before he could name an heir? There's some potential for intriguing interpersonal conflict and political intrigue, there.

Or just any story in general, really. Doesn't have to be FE, but I think the FE template would lend itself well to something like this.

I dig this idea!

...Aaaand Kaga did it first. Kinda. One of Berwick Saga's later plot points is an inheritance dispute going on at the Raze Empire, the enemy nation. It's a bit "background", so to speak, but it's there and it heavily impacts the course of the late stages of the war.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dark Cult ally themselves with one of the inheritors in exchange for... "favors". Like the Church of Raze

Dragon plot destroyer can be the being that the Dark Cult is trying to revive, but they need sacrifices for it, so they got their preferred candidate to agree to hand some peasants over in exchange for help to get the throne. Really generic stuff, perfect for FE.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

That would be pretty interesting!

^^

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, you see, the antagonistic sibling would of course be backed by Dark Cult, because dark cult manipulated antagonistic sibling into wanting to claim the throne at all costs, so they can fulfill their true goal of using antagonistic sibling as a sacrifice to dragon plot destroyer of doom!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That said, yup, it could work.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, that's a really neat idea that would be awesome to see explored.

I wonder why they haven't done anything like this yet, honestly.
The CYOA I did a while back was initially planned to have at least shades of this, actually.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

That's exactly a plot point from the FE romhack that I want to make. A shame I don't have the talent for that.

Oh, nice!

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

The cult wants the winning heir to make a child with his love interest in order to revive their (Dragon) Demon God.

Or that!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The king secretly sent away his land and riches to the dark cult instead of his children and the cult wants to use them to revive the dragon but they need the royal sword which can only be used by his heirs and so they make a conflict to trick protag into using it how they need it to. There, now it’s fe.

Teehee FE when?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dig this idea!

...Aaaand Kaga did it first. Kinda. One of Berwick Saga's plot points is an inheritance dispute going on at the Raze Empire, the enemy nation. It's a bit "background", so to speak, but it's there and it heavily impacts the course of the late stages of the war.

Ah, awesome!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

...you really can'T go around FE without plot destroyer Cult of doom, eh?

I mean, in my version, you could, buuuut... FE.

Edited by DragonFlames

That all reminds me of an 'FE' idea i have been playing around with my head lately. Something that will never become a reality, but imagination can be fun.

Some of you might remember one of the plot bunnies from my Shrimpramblings where the Lord is a former high level priestess who escaped centeral safe country ™️ and became a Mercenary in the badlands, and witches story and stuff...

Somehow my head has been saying lately ''yeah, that all? That's part 1. During which they will discover the truth. The truth that their continent and the magical creatures there are an experiment to solve a problem of the world, ready to be sacrificed.'' And then part 2 starts with the rest of the world, with a technollogically advanced world vs. the magical continent. Some kinda Xenoblade-ish level reveals mixed in with some pre-shit AoT ideas haha...

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dig this idea!

...Aaaand Kaga did it first. Kinda. One of Berwick Saga's later plot points is an inheritance dispute going on at the Raze Empire, the enemy nation. It's a bit "background", so to speak, but it's there and it heavily impacts the course of the late stages of the war.

...aaaand fe7 did it first. That’s the first and last time anyone will ever say that. Lyn mode literally is an inheritance dispute. 

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Teehee FE when?

When someone masters SRPG studio

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...you really can'T go around FE without plot destroyer Cult of doom, eh?

You know what's the next step? FE, except YOU play as the evil cult!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Xenoblade

No.

FE is already almost too anime for me.

...Pfffft what the fuck am I saying, I'm growing more and more fond of Fates and that's the animest FE of them all. What is happening to me...

Just now, Sooks said:

.....aaaand fe7 did it first. That’s the first and last time anyone will ever say that, huh? Lyn mode literally is an inheritance dispute.

...You know? That's actually correct. Huh... Go figure.

Of course, Kaga did it better, but...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

except YOU play as the evil cult

why not? 

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE is already almost too anime for me.

kek, i am talking about reveals not character designs

for example (Major XB Spoilers to any who might care)

Spoiler

XB2 actually takes place on earth

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

When someone masters SRPG studio

And then some. Just, don't ask me to participate. No project I've ever been part of has been completed.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what's the next step? FE, except YOU play as the evil cult!

Ruben emblem when IS?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know? That's actually correct. Huh... Go figure.

Of course, Kaga did it better, but...

>Lyn mode

>quality

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

why not? 

Just imagine: A full army of unredeemable garbage bags. It would be so funny...!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kek

Don't you kek me! I will kek you in return!

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i am talking about reveals not character designs

Yeah, of course, I was just messing around. I mean, I know very little about this franchise, anyway.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben emblem when IS?

It would be the worst-selling FE in the series, and then I'd be sad.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Teehee FE when?

...It existed, once Draggy. A great evil that lived on the Wii U. It spat it’s venom on the innocent and sang it’s blasphemy under the shadowy firmament of night. While it was slain we in our vanity didn’t drive a stake through it’s heart. Thus ere we knew what had happened it rose from his charnel house to haunt the Switch. Never again, never again...

Edited by Wraith

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

: A full army of unredeemable garbage bags. It would be so funny...!

or, hear me out, we can have an army of characters like Salem, Sara, etc.

Doesn't have to be full of unredeemable gargabe bags

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

or, hear me out, we can have an army of characters like Salem, Sara, etc.

Doesn't have to be full of unredeemable gargabe bags

But where's the fun in that?

Honestly though, with the right handling Cult Emblem could be an interesting subversion of the FE formula. Of course, story and FE is a poor mix...

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of inheritance disputes, these are a very underused conflict-starter in FE.
How interesting would it be, if we had an FE game where protagonist and antagonist are just kids of a king who passed away before he could name an heir? There's some potential for intriguing interpersonal conflict and political intrigue, there.

Heir disputes are one of the most common forms of turmoil in kingdoms and empires, capable of breaking them apart and shattering golden ages with ease. It is odd then that Fire Emblem barely touches on them.

Final Fantasy Tactics tried an heir dispute, it didn't really work out well, crystals with magic creatures inside took over the story.

I remember Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume set up for its last full chapter an heir dispute that consisted of three contenders. The elder son of the king, who was illegitimate, and the younger son of the king, who was legitimate. Each prince drew on the support of a neighboring country, which might've been the reason why a prominent old man noble was concerned about the civil war- can't allow outsiders to have undue influence. The old man -a powerful margrave- proposed a more distant male relative so as to keep the half-brothers at peace, the relative was young, inexperienced and so unimportant the game never even bothered to show what he looked like. Who won? Well, it depends on which route you were on, but no matter what, the elder son was killed for some reason.

Thinking of IRL examples of inheritance disputes that I know of. The Holy Roman Empire had the Brother's Quarrel. Emperor Rudolf II had no sons, and was becoming increasingly unpopular towards the end of his reign, leading his brothers Matthias, Maximillian, Albert, and cousins Ferdinand and Leopold to contest his authority and try to claim the HRE title, which after all was elective. It wasn't a violent quarrel, just very intense.

Another interesting example of an heir dispute would come from the Frankish Empire. Louis the Pious, son of Charlemagne, had three sons, and as per Frankish tradition, he sought to give each of them a share of the empire while keeping the empire unified. It was difficult, but he managed to work out something they could all agree to. Then, Louis the Pious's wife dies, and he remarries. Although nearing 50, Louis the Pious had a fourth son, the future Charles the Bald, and now he tried to give him a share of the territory. The baby's adult half-brothers were like "Yeah, no. I ain't giving up anything to this drooling brat.". The last decade+ of Louis's reign became marked by several civil war by his sons, which he attempted to quell.

The Ottoman Empire is infamous for the form of inheritance it practiced. Whenever the sultan died, the country basically turned into a free-for-all amongst the sultan's sons, and whoever won murdered all his brothers. Later, this was deemed inhuman, so the sultan had his brothers locked up for instead. At that point, they swapped over to more peaceful inheritance going brother-by-brother according to age, then passing over the eldest brother's sons once the brothers were exhausts. Being locked up your entire life had negative repercussions on the mental stability of some of the men who became sultans when their brother died and they took the throne.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As if they wouldn't like their own favored candidate on the throne? Validar took over Plegia, and Manfroy did made a Gen 1 pairing of his choosing. Easy.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Heir disputes are one of the most common forms of turmoil in kingdoms and empires, capable of breaking them apart and shattering golden ages with ease. It is odd then that Fire Emblem barely touches on them.

Likely that's precisely the reason. Too mundane for what are basically fantasy stories.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2021_Nintendo_Switch_Lite_Blue_Unboxing.

Regardless of whether you wanted to see it or not, here's sexy Waluigi. It's nice to have confirmation as to who the most attractive Nintendo male is (sorry Alvis, you're second place now).

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

2021_Nintendo_Switch_Lite_Blue_Unboxing.

Regardless of whether you wanted to see it or not, here's sexy Waluigi. It's nice to have confirmation as to who the most attractive Nintendo male is (sorry Alvis, you're second place now).