Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy

Glad you're enjoying it! And the Trails ride is just starting!

I'm rather envious of your skills. Without even trying you've somehow gotten the half of the thread that never played Trails into trying out Trails. I wish I could get people into Berwick so easily!

9 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

yooooo

Best girl joins forever! You love to see it.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Part of the reason I like going for the Sorcerer's level 15 skill, Bow Breaker, before climbing the wall (it helps a lot in that section of this map as well...) is to make the Takumi fight here more reliable.

Yeah, that's another way. Honestly, there's plenty of ways to make the battle more reliable, but... Well, I still think it would've been better if they just didn't give him Rend Heaven and Vengeance. Or at least just Rend Heaven. Rend Heaven is manageable, but Vengeance punishes you for fighting the boss if you can't one-round him. Brave weapons aren't that powerful, and my Edgiest Ka with like 35 magic could very barely one-round him. It's possible to get there, but it's not a guarantee, and if you don't have Bowbreaker either you're pretty much screwed.

The map overall is way too unforgiving for my tastes. Since the enemies are packed in huge, powerful squds, the slightest miscalculation, or worse, the slightest bad RNG will leave you unable to finish them all, and then you lose. And then Takumi's just the cherry on top of the shit pie. Still not happy with this map, I'm afraid. But, well, two bad maps just puts it below Berwick Saga. There's still room for it to go up in my ranking after this run.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Without even trying you've somehow gotten the half of the thread that never played Trails into trying out Trails

Yeah. It's especially surprising i did that even though i left the series behind lol. How did you all manage to make me shill Trails for like 10 pages without making me go on a rant? xD

But as i said before, i've been getting people into Trails since 2015. Helped create a fanclub, guides, got Falcom games gifts to peeps, joined the community, did a community playthrough, etc..

It's kinda hard to forget all of that lol....

Like before i decided to leave the series behind, i wrote this big ass Wall of Text on gameplay, and it was suppossed to be part of a series talking about gameplay before, ya know, i ditched the series xD

And i wrote so many WoT on Trails....

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish I could get people into Berwick so easily!

Tip: Try to not bring the negatives into the forefront. I noticed when you tried recommending it to 06, you mentioned the Bad Hitrates at the very beginning. That's for example an insta turn off for many people. It's the main reason why it took Benice so many tries to get me into it. And it was after i checked a video and saw the turn system where i was like ''yeah, i wanna try that.'', because when it comes to FE mine and Benice's tastes were pretty much reversed.

Try instead to focus on the Turn system, skills, fun unit design, etc. when trying to present the game to people. And music. Music always helps. I am one of those peeps who tried many games (including Trails. My first contact with it was an Unfathomed Force video) because of music lol.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Was able to do a Citra test run with Project X Zone 1. Apart from some mild frame dips, seems to run well. Gotta admit, i'm surprised.

Also the spritework is mad crazy in this game.

Anyways, i know it works now. Won't be playing the PxZs right now but i know it's there.

Oooh, congrats on that, as someone who has both PxZ 1 and 2 i can say that they are fun games. Although the frame issues might come to bite you later since the combat can require timing, but not too much.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. It's especially surprising i did that even though i left the series behind lol. How did you all manage to make me shill Trails for like 10 pages without making me go on a rant? xD

But as i said before, i've been getting people into Trails since 2015. Helped create a fanclub, guides, got Falcom games gifts to peeps, joined the community, did a community playthrough, etc..

It's kinda hard to forget all of that lol....

That's pretty nice. Perhaps this can be a return of sorts to those days. Wipe the slate clean. The rants, the sarcastic series guides, the divided fanbase... Put it all behind you. Trails of Cold Steel, whatever happened there...

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tip: Try to not bring the negatives into the forefront. I noticed when you tried recommending it to 06, you mentioned the Bad Hitrates at the very beginning. That's for example an insta turn off for many people. It's the main reason why it took Benice so many tries to get me into it. And it was after i checked a video and saw the turn system where i was like ''yeah, i wanna try that.'', because when it comes to FE mine and Benice's tastes were pretty much reversed.

Try instead to focus on the Turn system, skills, fun unit design, etc. when trying to present the game to people. And music. Music always helps. I am one of those peeps who tried many games (including Trails. My first contact with it was an Unfathomed Force video) because of music lol.

I suppose that's true. By bringing up the negatives, my intention is to avoid getting people into it that would only end up hating it. That, and when recommending it to 06 I wasn't really in the mood for my usual five paragraphs haha. Normally it looks less bad because the Bad Hitrates are a footnote buried under tons of praise.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps this can be a return of sorts to those days. Wipe the slate clean.

Impossible lol.

Unless Kuro turns out to be a Masterpiece and removes everything i hated from modern Trails... which won't happen because Modern Trails made Bank for Falcom

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Impossible lol.

Unless Kuro turns out to be a Masterpiece and removes everything i hated from modern Trails... which won't happen because Modern Trails made Bank for Falcom

Sheesh... Well, at least you get to watch new peeps enjoying the old games that you love so much. It's something, no?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

definetly. Brings a smile to one's face.

I know the feeling. It's great.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to it myself. If my calculations are correct, I should be able to get to Trails this friday at the latest. Then we'll find out if I can't erase that smile from your face by dicking around as I tend to do.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The shirt says Leonie, which is great. The cape says Claude, which is terrible. What are you trying to tell me here, Shrimpy?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Estelle one up'd Claude and become Leader of the Golden Deer?

Isn't it a series where she's wearing all three?

So she has all three capes and thus took over all three?

(Okay, the others are hair colour alts, but she could dye it)

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The most blessed of timelines

Where the Battle of the Eagle and Lion ends up being Estelle leading those under her against the remnants under Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude

I guess I'm the only one here who considers Sky FC as worst and CS IV as best Trails game. At least I know I'm the only one here who has played latter. But then again Idc if people bash Rean since it's not because of him that I love Cold Steel IV the most of the Trails series, but because of the huge cast, gameplay (definitely better than III) and the great plot. I'd buy the Switch version too, if it goes on sale.

Good luck!

Thanks, but for work I just need motivation. 🙂

Anyways home, so time to continue Persona 5 Strikers. Hopefully I can finish the third dungeon toay.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

10 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I guess I'm the only one here who considers Sky FC as worst and CS IV as best Trails game.

Looks like we're in for the riveting sequel to Ruben v Armagon: Dawn of Kaga.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Even if he is armed, he is still a civilian, and Bracer's #1 Duty is to protect civilians. The Bracer Code and all, which allows them to operate in the countries.

A veeeery powerful civilian. Olivier arts go brrrr.

Also where’s my congrats for beating chapter 1 😛

Edited by Sooks

6tG1mP2.png

Something's wrong about these horses

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A veeeery powerful civilian

still a civilian. And the Guild doesn't want to get into a political shitstorm as they are just legal mercenaries, that are only allowed to operate due to the code (events of the game and later games will go into detail on that).

If a civilian, and a foreigner at that, had something happening to him under their watch.... oh boy.

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

still a civilian. And the Guild doesn't want to get into a political shitstorm as they are just legal mercenaries, that are only allowed to operate due to the code (events of the game and later games will go into detail on that).

If a civilian, and a foreigner at that, had something happening to him under their watch.... oh boy.

I’m not trying to make an argument as for why Olivier should have come. I was joking. But c’mon, best character right there.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do appreciate Namco x Capcom for introducing me to Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers.

latest?width=450&height=432

This character design is so based.

A shame Darkstalkers is a dead fighting game (the last one was Resurrection in 2013).

I think she reappears in PXZ1. And it isn't what I'd imagine from a  jiangshi design, but a horror-themed fighting game has to find ways to include variety. That, and jiangshi  I think haven't been spun by the popular imagination into aristocratic things like Western vampires (although originally, they were but common zombies of another kind) which they are sometimes compared to -although they steal magic life force/qi/chi, not blood.

Did a test run of Endless Frontier on MelonDS. MelonDS actually runs well unlike shitty-ass DeSume.

Don't forget to run a check on Soma Bringer!

When I get to emulating again, I might do a second run of the game. Using the sword & shield with healing magic class and setup was safe, but dull. I think I'd swap to a Gunner next time or something. 

Only problem is the audio. it's not laggy (MelonDS doesn't seem to lag at all) but it doesn't sound clean.

The OST is on YouTube if you want higher quality of course.:

Ignore the Exceed part of the name on this track, this is definitely the first EF's rendition. It's merely the odd terminology invented by the person who compiled all the music online.

The entire soundtrack is there, but unlike the Exceed tracks, the person who posted the whole thing didn't string them into a single playlist. Which means it requires slightly more effort to find some of the music.

Just got back from helping grandma out with some paperwork.
Visiting her apartment and not being greeted by grandpa felt... incredibly strange.

---

I hear Ruben got into Trails now, too? I hope you enjoy yourself!
Eventually, I'll get one of you to play Nights of Azure or Blue Reflection. Maybe. My hopes for doing so is slim (though not as slim as my hope of anyone enjoying them), but hey.

Edited by DragonFlames

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hear Ruben got into Trails now, too? I hope you enjoy yourself!

I will in the near future. Right now I'm still busy with Conquest.