Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

also buy entraps. And Tonics

Duly noted.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And sell S-rank weapon since you probably have no one that can use them, that's like extra 15 k money there

Edgiest Ka is almost ready to use Excalibur, so might as well keep it. The others are going, though.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I did it!

Aerial is the MVP of this play through, I shouldn’t even have tried without it! I hope one of the characters I get for this chapter is a caster.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why do they cancel arts?

Impede ayy

They cancel it so you time your arts right and position yourself haha

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Edgiest Ka is almost ready to use Excalibur, so might as well keep it

Exsucaliba is weird.

It gives you +5 eff. Spd, but also gives the enemy +5 eff. Spd.

A small lesson on how Fates calculates AS and why it's super complicated and probably not used anymore:

You have an AS when you are attacking, and a different one when you are defending.

For example, Steel weapons give -3 AS when attacking, but not when defending, hence why enemies can't double you if you switched to Steel (if they weren't doubling before, that is), but you might lose your ability if your Spd isn't high enough.

1-2 range weapons like Javelins on the other hand reduce the defence AS, hence why enemies will most likely double you if they weren't otherwise.

This can also lead to cases where you and the enemy are doubling each other without brave weapons, since some weapons increase everyones attackig AS lol

yeah it's complicated...

Edited by Shrimperor

@Shrimperor is exploring the Sapphirl tower worth it? I mean I kinda skipped the tower from the Bose region cause no side quest had me go in there, I’m assuming that’s the same here. But if a side quest sends me there I certainly will.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Shrimperor is exploring the Sapphirl tower worth it? I mean I kinda skipped the tower from the Bose region cause no side quest had me go in there, I’m assuming that’s the same here. But if a side quest sends me there I certainly will.

The Towers are always worth to explore, with alot of nice chests. Although iirc some quests might send you there later. Don't exactly remember tho.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Towers have some pretty great items if you're willing to take the challenge of fighting through them.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Towers have some pretty great items if you're willing to take the challenge of fighting through them.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Towers are always worth to explore, with alot of nice chests. Although iirc some quests might send you there later. Don't exactly remember tho.

Hmm... worth a shot I guess. Good items are good items.

And I desperately want air sepith because with 120 I can open the last slot on Joshua’s long line and get him White Gehenna. So I hope I’ll get some.

btw, any good youtube extension i can use that can let me remove stuff without needing to log in? Some recs, channels, Keywords i just wanna Filter out, but i don't wanna log in tbh

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmm... worth a shot I guess.

You do know that you need to inspect every nook and cranny to complete the Sooks%, right? Or are you telling me you'll chicken out of it this time around?

btw, any good youtube extension i can use that can let me remove stuff without needing to log in? Some recs, channels, Keywords i just wanna Filter out, but i don't wanna log in tbh

Pretty sure if you don't log in it just recommends you whatever's trending. Which tends to be extremely depressing. If you don't wanna log in, my advice would be to just plain ignore the main page.

So, just got round to finishing that SoV playthrough I mentioned previously.

Spoiler

Yeah, the enemy spam was real. I was super lucky the spawns weren't all that much of a threat actually, though that could have been helped by God Forsyth. The pitchforks can just demolish this game is the real lesson I got from this, is what I'm saying (Making armours actually good by just removing them from the class. Yeah.). (And I feel like I'm the one person who gets good Mage Kliff. Everyone else? Nope.)

But ignoring that, I will agree on a few things: The final map is absolutely nuts. A Medusa asshole in rage of Duma? Witches who spawn witches and two Mogall spawn points? Jedah being his absolute Cheddahest? Duma himself having 37 damage on low res units at 5 range? Swamp just fucking your shit up? The guys who chase you from behind for no reason other than to justify there being space behind Alm? The bow knights.... who were just irrelevant? All check! Definitely gone down in my opinion, especially in a game where low percent crits are more prevalent much as they weren't an issue in this fight. All this despite Turnwheel..... which, funny you should ask, you can have less than full uses coming to that fight.

I guess what I want to finish on is that I don't really regret playing again, but Part 5 definitely went down for me this time around despite it being not as difficult (Yes that also includes the Burkutmetodeath fight). Seriously, Nuibaba was a far easier experience, Duma's Tower a walk in the park. And yet here I am, kinda let down at the last hurdle. A truly limited run will not be this time around, or for a while.

Still will die on the hill SoV is best soundtrack.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty sure if you don't log in it just recommends you whatever's trending. Which tends to be extremely depressing. If you don't wanna log in, my advice would be to just plain ignore the main page.

Ah look, a good idea.

Seriously, Youtube does suck.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it just recommends you whatever's trending

nope, it recommends according to my youtube history.

Which is fine. Some stuff are good, new videos from peeps i like to follow, Channels from new promising peeps, etc.

But then the sudden disgusting thumbnail, or a channel i don't want anything to do with, etc.

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You do know that you need to inspect every nook and cranny to complete the Sooks%, right? Or are you telling me you'll chicken out of it this time around?

I don’t think I will because getting every recipe and encountering every monster both sound like pains, and if we count steam achievements I’ve potentially already locked myself out of one.

I don’t think I will because getting every recipe and encountering every monster both sound like pains, and if we count steam achievements I’ve potentially already locked myself out of one.

You beat Super Mario 3D World five times straight. It's really not too unbelievable from you.

Thanks Twilit and Shrimpy, that tower had some very good stuff. Nice armor, nice boots, a boatload of sepith and a sword for someone-who-joins-this-chapter-that-would-use-an-elegant-weapon-gee-I-wonder-who-it-could-be-absolutely-not-Kloe.

Oh yeah I also got a quartz that adds three space to a line meaning I don’t have to spend half my space quartz to get that art I really want on Joshua that I forgot the name of.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You beat Super Mario 3D World five times straight. It's really not too unbelievable from you.

But I hate grinding.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I almost never bother with cooking either. Monster though will be most likely filled automatically.

I have yet to bother with it in this game. I’ve missed a couple monsters in both regions so far though.

Edited by Sooks

I have yet to bother with it in this game.

In FC i usually used it for healing.

SC and forward you get attack food...

which if you plan to do SC on hard is a life saver

I’ve missed a couple monsters in both regions so far though.

probably shining poms. They are super rare.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

which if you plan to do SC on hard is a life saver

I want to though I’ve heard tough stuff about the prologue.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I want to but I’ve heard tough stuff about the prologue.

oh boy

SC prologue on hard.....

Ahahahaha

but dw i will be there to guide you. If you played FC on Hard SC on normal will feel too easy. SC hard becomes better after prologue...

It makes the hardest FE you can imagine look like kiddie play tho 😂 

oh boy

SC prologue on hard.....

Ahahahaha

but dw i will be there to guide you. If you played FC on Hard SC on normal will feel too easy. SC hard becomes better after prologue...

It makes the hardest FE you can imagine look like kiddie play tho 😂 

Good hard or bad hard?

And yes, please guide me my senior bracer!

Edited by Sooks

Good hard or bad hard?

kinda both?

It's kinda on the line lol. I would say more Good than bad tho

Edited by Shrimperor