Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Aaand fuck, Forrest got crit. All right, no biggie. Attempt nº 2, here we go. As long as I can make sure that Gunter doesn't get teleported, we'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's Fates lol

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

it's Fates lol

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

it's Fates lol

Just now, Spara said:

it's Fates lol

Yeah, well, it's better than Three Houses.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

X to doubt

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Story wise? Funny joke.

But you’ll see what happens if you don’t quit before beating the game. I can already foresee the half laughing half dead inside Ruben rant thing.

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hence me being up front and mentioning that as the first thing. Rather do that than accidentally lure you into interest in a game and stab you later.

The game was released back in 2003, it could've been before Ubisoft became UbS (pronounced "U-BS!" if you don't get it), but I understand your position regardless.

Thank you for doing so! ^^
By the by, I wasn't intending to dismiss you by saying it.
It would leave an ill taste in my mouth if I played anything with that particular label on it, past game or not.

---

If I have to give Fates just one edge, it's that not every chapter/battle ends with either the good guys needing saving from a group of enemies they utterly trounced previously by some characters that have no business showing up at that location and timing, or said group of enemies getting away due to complete Deus Ex Machina bullcrap, OR said enemy group pulling some "this isn't even my final form" nonsense out of their collective butts.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

X to doubt

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

541512344790892554.png?v=1

I will die on this hill. No amount of story can justify the burning rage that Three House's Candace-sized flaws left in me.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But you’ll see what happens if you don’t quit before beating the game. I can already foresee the half laughing half dead inside Ruben rant thing.

Ahh, don't say things like that. My expectations are high enough as it is!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will die on this hill. No amount of story can justify the burning rage that Three House's Candace-sized flaws left in me.

Oh, you meant gameplay-wise? I suppose. 3H was never my favorite in that regard. 

Amazing. Even Warp couldn't save me there. Edgiest Ka warped to Benny and Charlotte, missed both lightnings, then Charlotte tried her luck with her 50% killer axe, missed, then got crit in return by an 8% and died.

Thanks, Fates. I love you too.

Unrelated, but I've played up to like Ch6 of TLP. So far, the story very much suffers from FE1 syndrome, in that it's mostly just names for places with absolutely zero sense of scale. Kelik was at least hilariously edgy in his first appearance. The lack of a convoy sucks, especially in GBAFE when your units have only FIVE inventory slots each. Hopefully I get a convoy soon, because it's kinda miserable to play around with such limited inventory. Map design's been pretty decent so far, but at the same time, this just feels like more GBAFE, which has never drawn me in. I want to keep going for the memes, but at the same time, it's already starting to drag for me. Plus, my ears want to die. I hate the music. At least the Zelda SFX are amusing.

I also did decide to start replaying VS2, with Asuram proccing his STR, SKL, and SPD growths on both of his first two levels, along with a point of HP and a point of DEF. Gotta love it when a unit who needs no stat increases gets them all anyway 😛. Chapter 2 went pretty smoothly, would've been nice if I could open the last lever with Sjarta or sth so I didn't have to wait around for Zade. The rest of the map flowed way better than I remembered. The theme that plays here (to my recollection) only plays on one other map in the game, and for good reason. I remember Ruben saying he liked it, but uh, too bad it's not more common. Though I think that's ultimately to its advantage, since even the best tracks can get annoying when overplayed. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Edgiest Ka warped to Benny and Charlotte, missed both lightnings, then Charlotte tried her luck with her 50% killer axe, missed, then got crit in return by an 8% and died.

OOF.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Amazing. Even Warp couldn't save me there. Edgiest Ka warped to Benny and Charlotte, missed both lightnings, then Charlotte tried her luck with her 50% killer axe, missed, then got crit in return by an 8% and died.

Thanks, Fates. I love you too.

RNG is really like that.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

Hopefully I get a convoy soon

Hahahahahaha

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Poor fool...

Well, good news is, you do get a convoy. Don't get me wrong. One such thing exists in TLP.

...But... Well... You'll see.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

this just feels like more GBAFE, which has never drawn me in. I want to keep going for the memes, but at the same time, it's already starting to drag for me.

Yeah, this is a perfectly understandable feeling. I will say that it does get progressively better after the Siegfried mode ends, but if it never quite sticks with you, don't feel bad about quitting.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Poor fool...

Well, good news is, you do get a convoy. Don't get me wrong. One such thing exists in TLP.

...But... Well... You'll see.

Yeah... this doesn't sound great, gonna be honest here. I didn't mind no convoy in, say, Berwick, because of the large inventories and bag system, but with such tiny inventories... ugh.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will say that it does get a bit better after the Siegfried mode ends, but if it never quite sticks with you, don't feel bad about quitting.

Well, I'll give that next part of the game a shot, at least. Maybe I'll grow to like it more, or maybe it'll be like FE7 where getting past the intro mode doesn't really alleviate my boredom. 

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Morning! Can't sleep?

Unfortunately, my cranium does not desire to go dormant when it's dark out now. I don't know why...

Ignatius almost ended Garon with a broom.

But then he missed. God damn you RNG! Guess I'll go for something a bit less funny, then...

Ywznerml o

Garon got killed by the unhinged perverts of the team.

And now, on to the finale.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And now, on to the finale.

Good luck! I've heard that map's a bitch.

Unrelated once again, but listening back to the Vestaria OST, I think I've come to like Clouds of War II a fair bit. But then again, it's used much better in VS2 than in VS1 (seriously, it just being the overview for the prison camp is kinda lame), so that might be my bias talking. I'll link the track in the spoiler tag to take up less visual space.

Spoiler

Edited by Spara

You were right, Sooks, it really was funny.

I'd forgotten how enjoyable this game's story is. Nothing makes any fucking sense. Takumi comes out of literally nowhere, Edgiest Ka spews a cheesy speech at him where she regrets his anger or whatever even though he's very much not himself, then he shoots her in the face and I'm supposed to take it seriously, even though friggin' Elise tanked an arrow from him earlier in the game and was perfectly fine? C'mon.

Awww, the entire team had some neat words to say to Edgiest Ka. And by "the entire team", I mean "the entire team except for the most important members, Haitaka, Senno and Gazak."

In any case, that was the near-death experience. Above average scene for Fates, but with my character's backstory, I can't help but find it funny how they're talking about how oh-so-kind and gentle she is. Guys, didn't you hear what she did in Valm? I don't even think Valm exists anymore!