Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

DIDN'T DIE ON THE FIRST THREE ENEMIES!

GOD GAMER!

Yes!

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I'm starting to think people didn't realize the second reaction was to the Camilla scene that came after Azura...

It’s Fates, why you expect any less?

Anyway “.....” isn’t a very good transition.

But hey, I was talking about the first part anyway.

Right. So it's a marketing scheme. Nice.

There was also that dinner with the families scene to make you buy Revelation. There’s a Conquest tease in Birthright as well but it’s about something you the player should care so little about that I honestly don’t remember it.

I expected a more “ahahahaha! *rant*” reaction from you about Azura though. I mean a complete 180 for basically no reason in universe.

If you’re wondering why she actually died, well...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

curse.

Gotta love Fates.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Maof06 wtf kek

so ending achieved nothing

Based hacksyama

• enters the room
  • writes a manga
  • makes the readers seethe by the ending
  • notices that some people actually liked your dogshit ending
  • release additional 8 pages pissing those people off as well
  • leaves the room

https://i.imgur.com/0il7m8d.png

All right, here it is: The Ruben Conquest Team. Behold!

Spoiler
Emvnzwrn o

Might as well start with Edgiest Ka. She started a bit squishy, but from the very beginning she was a reliable magical nuke that doubled most things. She spent the midgame as the team's staffbot until Felicia and Shura joined. Then she went witch and broke the game.

W0e6mha9 o

I used Beruka out of spite for Camilla. She's like Effie on wings. No speed, all the strength, good defense. That HP is so sad, though...

W4j0k2gj o

Really pleasant surprise, seriously. Awesome offensive stats, and with that killer axe of hers she critted... less than I would've liked, because I'm not a lucky person. Her bulk made her see a bit less use than the rest, but still, awesome unit. Also, her combat face is the best.

Klfi7go0 o

Wallman. He was a wall. 9 speed? Who cares, we've got Wary Fighter! Pretty much nothing could get past him. Even mages had trouble, with his serviceable resistance. Damage-wise he was... okay, but still, it wasn't his place to attack. Whenever I needed to defend, there was no greater man than Benny.

Iniaoaqq o

You know, these three are the only whole family I used till the lategame. Every other family saw at least one of its members hit the bench.

Anyway, Ignatius was basically Benny with actual combat but a little less bulk. Still good enough to tank, and the guy could fight legitimately well. Love him, one of my favorites. Plus, his personal is amazing. It nerfs him if he's not supported, but buffs him if he is. Considering 90% of the time you want to use supports, this is just great.

Lvxura14 o

I know it's not in-character for me, but I love this girl. I love her and her unhinged stalker ways. Plus, her design's way cool.

As a unit, she dies if something looks at her funny, but she's an okay dancer. Though, to be honest, she was most useful for her 9 movement flying shenanigans than anything else.

H7pnqvuf o

You can really tell her mom is Beruka. She has great bulk for her classline, tons of strength, and surprisingly low speed. Useful unit nonetheless, and I enjoyed her character.

Z6fub3v6 o

Lategame staffbot. I'm always surprised by how useful the guy is. He joins and he seems pretty Syrene'ish for a final joiner, but between his rallies, his staffing utility and his decent damage output, there's little reason to deploy anyone else as filler at the point he joins... Except possibly Flora, since she does come with B staves (Izana comes with C, I just fed him an arms scroll because nobody else had any use for it), but ont he other hand, Flora is completely and utterly useless in every way outside of staves, so... Yeah, I'll still take Izana. That extra deployment slot starting in Chapter Sakura was tailor-made for him.

Plus, he's the best waifu.

Kbzxergt o

Haha boots. Well, I married these boots and I'd do it again. This guy is great. Good combat with both shining and non-shining bows, staff utility, improved movement for both himself and others, occassional enemy nerfs with his personal, mage tanking... He can do a lot of stuff if you'd just let him.

Vdsvrhhp o

Way better than his disgrace of a father. Super speed and magic allowed him to nuke things almost on the level of Edgiest Ka, though his main draws were definitely his supporting abilities and his unparalleled mage tanking prowess. Really fun unit, I love him.

Sthsh0sa o

He who falls off. Pfeh. Yeah. So much for that. And no, I didn't pump him full of statboosters, either. I think I gave him, like, a speedwing and a dracoshield? And that was because the guy could make the best use of them. Great combat, great utility, great debuffing, this guy does everything, everything! Seriously, he nerfs defense and speed by 6 just by missing a javelin. How awesome is that? Unironically my favorite unit in the game. I don't think I'll ever play this game without using him. He's extremely fun.

Qbxlkdaa o

Lategame joiner. He's basically Charlotte who exchanges the power of supports and luck for a ton more strength and much better skills. He's awesome. Do yourselves a favor and don't underestimate recruitable bosses, will ya?

Oygxat5e o

Speaking of... Okay, I'll admit, this one's a more memey pick than the other two. I genuinely didn't expect this guy to amount to much, but he surprised me. He's basically the merchant that Mozu and Midori aren't: A proper merchant, built like a bow armor, with a ton of strength and defense, but lower speed. Spendthrift is an awesome skill, and I even had him branch out to mechanist for a map so he could grab Replicate. Way more fun than I ever expected him to be - he even murdered Takumi, the absolute badass!

Ygjtbncu o

Lategame filler. I think he saw, like, two battles.

Y4sp09fr o

Shrimpy: See, I told you Ruben, the key to enjoying Conquest was to leave behind your memery ways and deploy actually worthwhile units.

Ruben:

...Honestly though, Shelter, Forceful Partner and legitimately good bulk gave him some utility. He wasn't amazing or anything, but I never felt he was complete deadweight.

Zivuhyku o

Corpse.

And that's it. Tl;dr: Use recruitable bosses, they're awesome.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I expected a more “ahahahaha! *rant*” reaction from you about Azura though. I mean a complete 180 for basically no reason in universe.

To be fair, the fact that she basically stated she was going to die before the battle lessened the impact of it. When she actually did vanish, I was just like "wait, she's actually dying? Really? That's so dumb."

Still found the whole Takumi fiasco to be funnier. Fucker just comes out of nowhere and has the corniest dialogue, I love it.

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Watch Ruben actually try Revelations next

That would be hilarious lol

N O

Next is Trails.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Why can't I upload images?
Edited by Maof06

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

deploy actually worthwhile units.

I mean, those are much much more worthwhile than last run and legit strong units. Aside from Gunter, your team rivals my Lunatic in power. So yeah, you followed my advice. Your last team was pathetic 😛

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Next is Trails.

Funny Last Promise song incoming

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, those are much much more worthwhile than last run and legit strong units. Aside from Gunter, your team rivals my Lunatic in power. So yeah, you followed my advice. Your last team was pathetic

Still no royals in sight. Still got three blue shields (four if you count Yamato, even if he barely did anything). Still got Nina with her 25 HP and Gunter with his... Gunterness.

Frankly, I'd say this just confirms what I already believed: The main problem last time was that I got supremely unlucky and my team turned out like garbage because RNG is nice like that. I mean, heck, my last Haitaka was--

...Actually... My last Haitaka was better than this run's Haitaka.

Yeah. I'm not kidding. First Haitaka capped strength before level 18. Every single one of his stats was higher except defense and luck.

Never. Underestimate. Recruitable. Bosses.

(Also Roland was better than Soleil in a few aspects. Just saying.)

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still no royals in sight.

You got some Stronger than my Royals

3 60+ HP units??? I never got that lol

jvm7jf8.png

Here was my Lunatic Party in comparison.

Last run you didn't even recruit so many strong Bosses, and had meme kids

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Last run you didn't even recruit so many strong Bosses, and had meme kids

Senno isn't even strong, he has no skills and a 35 speed growth!

I do have to concede the kids point. All the kids I kept this time were good or at least decent pairings, not like... Nyx Ignatius. Though gotta say, Nyx Ignatius wasn't bad. He had less strength than my current Ignatius, but otherwise he looked similar.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...goddamnit, I cannot believe I accidentally built a good team...

a super good one, infact. Only thing you maybe lacking is dragon vein users (and you still had 4), but you have a warping Corncob

Edited by Shrimperor

Man how I wish school didn’t take so long...

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, here it is: The Ruben Conquest Team. Behold!

Hide contents
Emvnzwrn o

Might as well start with Edgiest Ka. She started a bit squishy, but from the very beginning she was a reliable magical nuke that doubled most things. She spent the midgame as the team's staffbot until Felicia and Shura joined. Then she went witch and broke the game.

W0e6mha9 o

I used Beruka out of spite for Camilla. She's like Effie on wings. No speed, all the strength, good defense. That HP is so sad, though...

W4j0k2gj o

Really pleasant surprise, seriously. Awesome offensive stats, and with that killer axe of hers she critted... less than I would've liked, because I'm not a lucky person. Her bulk made her see a bit less use than the rest, but still, awesome unit. Also, her combat face is the best.

Klfi7go0 o

Wallman. He was a wall. 9 speed? Who cares, we've got Wary Fighter! Pretty much nothing could get past him. Even mages had trouble, with his serviceable resistance. Damage-wise he was... okay, but still, it wasn't his place to attack. Whenever I needed to defend, there was no greater man than Benny.

Iniaoaqq o

You know, these three are the only whole family I used till the lategame. Every other family saw at least one of its members hit the bench.

Anyway, Ignatius was basically Benny with actual combat but a little less bulk. Still good enough to tank, and the guy could fight legitimately well. Love him, one of my favorites. Plus, his personal is amazing. It nerfs him if he's not supported, but buffs him if he is. Considering 90% of the time you want to use supports, this is just great.

Lvxura14 o

I know it's not in-character for me, but I love this girl. I love her and her unhinged stalker ways. Plus, her design's way cool.

As a unit, she dies if something looks at her funny, but she's an okay dancer. Though, to be honest, she was most useful for her 9 movement flying shenanigans than anything else.

H7pnqvuf o

You can really tell her mom is Beruka. She has great bulk for her classline, tons of strength, and surprisingly low speed. Useful unit nonetheless, and I enjoyed her character.

Z6fub3v6 o

Lategame staffbot. I'm always surprised by how useful the guy is. He joins and he seems pretty Syrene'ish for a final joiner, but between his rallies, his staffing utility and his decent damage output, there's little reason to deploy anyone else as filler at the point he joins... Except possibly Flora, since she does come with B staves (Izana comes with C, I just fed him an arms scroll because nobody else had any use for it), but ont he other hand, Flora is completely and utterly useless in every way outside of staves, so... Yeah, I'll still take Izana. That extra deployment slot starting in Chapter Sakura was tailor-made for him.

Plus, he's the best waifu.

Kbzxergt o

Haha boots. Well, I married these boots and I'd do it again. This guy is great. Good combat with both shining and non-shining bows, staff utility, improved movement for both himself and others, occassional enemy nerfs with his personal, mage tanking... He can do a lot of stuff if you'd just let him.

Vdsvrhhp o

Way better than his disgrace of a father. Super speed and magic allowed him to nuke things almost on the level of Edgiest Ka, though his main draws were definitely his supporting abilities and his unparalleled mage tanking prowess. Really fun unit, I love him.

Sthsh0sa o

He who falls off. Pfeh. Yeah. So much for that. And no, I didn't pump him full of statboosters, either. I think I gave him, like, a speedwing and a dracoshield? And that was because the guy could make the best use of them. Great combat, great utility, great debuffing, this guy does everything, everything! Seriously, he nerfs defense and speed by 6 just by missing a javelin. How awesome is that? Unironically my favorite unit in the game. I don't think I'll ever play this game without using him. He's extremely fun.

Qbxlkdaa o

Lategame joiner. He's basically Charlotte who exchanges the power of supports and luck for a ton more strength and much better skills. He's awesome. Do yourselves a favor and don't underestimate recruitable bosses, will ya?

Oygxat5e o

Speaking of... Okay, I'll admit, this one's a more memey pick than the other two. I genuinely didn't expect this guy to amount to much, but he surprised me. He's basically the merchant that Mozu and Midori aren't: A proper merchant, built like a bow armor, with a ton of strength and defense, but lower speed. Spendthrift is an awesome skill, and I even had him branch out to mechanist for a map so he could grab Replicate. Way more fun than I ever expected him to be - he even murdered Takumi, the absolute badass!

Ygjtbncu o

Lategame filler. I think he saw, like, two battles.

Y4sp09fr o

Shrimpy: See, I told you Ruben, the key to enjoying Conquest was to leave behind your memery ways and deploy actually worthwhile units.

Ruben:

...Honestly though, Shelter, Forceful Partner and legitimately good bulk gave him some utility. He wasn't amazing or anything, but I never felt he was complete deadweight.

Zivuhyku o

Corpse.

And that's it. Tl;dr: Use recruitable bosses, they're awesome.

I used all the royals and my team was never this awesome... so many green numbers. Is this why the enemies curbstomped me late game? I mean seriously, for everyone who wasn’t Leo no one was one rounding. Not even Camilla! Did I just get unlucky? I could take a look at my old team, but I had like, the royals, Corrin (as a Nohr noble for some reason), Bowzu, Beruka, Beruka!Ignatius, and I don’t remember anyone else but half my team were filler kids who barely saw any combat near the end because the game started drowning me in deployment slots.

To be fair, the fact that she basically stated she was going to die before the battle lessened the impact of it. When she actually did vanish, I was just like "wait, she's actually dying? Really? That's so dumb."

She said that? Huh. I don’t remember that.

N O

Next is Trails.

Just remember if you don’t like the game, you’re wrong. But is Trails for tomorrow or today?

Also if you pick nightmare because haha funny and have a horrible time it’s your own fault

11 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I can't delete my attachments

Crying wojak | Memes, Crying face, Crying meme

Mood. I maxed mine out a long time ago and never figure out how to fix it.

Which led to me doing this. V

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Come to the dark side. Use an image hosting site.

So remember when a few days ago i posted a review of Gungnir and said how i might dig it? I asked around more and someone told me this

It's interesting. All of Stings games are kinda defined by reinventing the wheel mechanically, and while Gungnir is the most conventional its still got a lot of unique/weird mechanics that define it. The main gimmicks come back to the turn order, while enemies take individual turns based on speed the player can move any of their units once a player turn comes by, with a refresh on how long before you can move the same unit twice. that said you can also just ignore the refresh if you want, incurring a max HP penalty to move a unit again. further, you can spend a resource that you collect to immediately start a player turn, allowing a lot of different options in how and when you move your units. there are other mechanics surrounding combo attacks and the like that would take a while to explain because basically any mechanic in Gugnir works slightly differently then you'd expect it to work in a standard SPRG, but the turn order manipulation felt the most game-defining

definetly sounds like something i'd dig

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

a super good one, infact.

This is a super good team!? I barely got through Takumi's Fun Castle with this team! I shudder to imagine how that horrible map must look like on lunatic... And there's no guarantee I'll even have such a good team when I attempt it!

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I used all the royals and my team was never this awesome... so many green numbers.

Okay, no, but jokes aside. What the fuck. How is this possible? How do you go from having the worst team in Conquest's history to the best like I have? I mean, yeah, Ignatius and Forrest had optimal parents, but Soleil was a slowpoke, and everyone else weren't super good units! I mean, fuck, I had Gunter! How did this happen!?

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just remember if you don’t like the game, you’re wrong. But is Trails for tomorrow or today?

Duly noted. Note duly disposed of.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I can't delete my attachments

Crying wojak | Memes, Crying face, Crying meme

99% of my attachment room is occupied by the first three updates of my FE12 LP. I didn't know how to internet back then, I'm afraid.

My advice is the same as Sooks and Twilit's: Find yourself an image hosting site. Imgur works if you're just going to be uploading odd images. If you need to upload a bunch at the same time and arrange them in folders, I recommend looking somewhere else, because Imgur sucks ass for that.