Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The thing that everyone keeps saying should be cringe but Trails handled surprisingly well.

A little girl called Claire foreshadowed the future of Joshua and Estelle.

Oh, that’s it? I do remember her now though.

Anyway, you’ll be hearing that from quite a few NPCs, so eh.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, hey. I finally found the guild. Been running around town getting judged by people for like 10 minutes now. It's finally time to meet Sche... Schar... Scher... Charizard. Yeah.

The problem with Schera is that it's pronounced like Esquerra Republicana, and Cataluña politics isn't exactly the sort of thing I want in my cute anime fantasy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The devs to Kaga:

image.jpeg.fd2961f7123170dbd9bd5d649c8d57c8.jpeg

...I have absolutely no idea what is even happening.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

4qtmUFw.png

A treasure chest almost the size of a human...

Something like this sort of ranking triggers a mixed reaction from me. Winning more means stuff that helps you win. I accept it a whole lot in FE, as rewards for being strategic- for visiting every village before bandits get there, beating thieves to all the treasures, and the occasional bonus condition etc.. But outright rankings feels different to me, more unfair to less skilled players.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

🥲

...What? This is broken on my end.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "share-a." "share-a-zard."

Yeah, you know what, I think I'll just call her Charizard.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What? This is broken on my end.

It’s a single tear rolling down a smile emoji. What I’m trying to say is, unless I’m reading the political thing wrong or you’re reading the name wrong, they sound nothing alike.

Yeah, you know what, I think I'll just call her Charizard.

Chairizard.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's finally time to meet Sche... Schar... Scher... Charizard.

Dammit Game Freak, so baised you ensured Charizard would get into another video game series and be the first Pokemon in a non-Ninty title.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it due to the Catalán or over there you really pronounce ch with a Hard-C/K/Q sound?

It's in English that ch is pronounced with a hard k sound, right? Or am I just wrong here? English is so fickle... Anyway, no, in Castillian Spanish "ch" never has a "k" sound.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What I’m trying to say is, unless I’m reading the political thing wrong or you’re reading the name wrong, they sound nothing alike.

You're trying to read both in English. I was reading Schera in English and Esquerra in Spanish, which results in them sounding alike. If I think of Schera in Spanish, it just sounds awful. Then again, maybe I'm just thinking of Schera the completely wrong way.

So my solution is to call her Charizard.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

You're trying to read both in English. I was reading Schera in English and Esquerra in Spanish, which results in them sounding alike. If I think of Schera in Spanish, it just sounds awful.

Yeah, Esquerra sounds way closer in Spanish unless I read it wrong like that too.

But, for academic purposes, what makes Schera in Spanish sound awful?

y'all never heard of the thousand and one night smh

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I have absolutely no idea what is even happening.

A treasure chest almost the size of a human...

Something like this sort of ranking triggers a mixed reaction from me. Winning more means stuff that helps you win. I accept it a whole lot in FE, as rewards for being strategic- for visiting every village before bandits get there, beating thieves to all the treasures, and the occasional bonus condition etc.. But outright rankings feels different to me, more unfair to less skilled players.

while true, a postive feedback loop is really important in games to make the player feel like they achieved something

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's in English that ch is pronounced with a hard k sound, right? Or am I just wrong here? English is so fickle... Anyway, no, in Castillian Spanish "ch" never has a "k" sound.

Okay, had to make sure. I mean, considering you guys have Castilian, Basque, Catalan, Aragonese, Asturo-Leonese, Galician, etc... all running around over there...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, Esquerra sounds way closer in Spanish unless I read it wrong like that too.

But, for academic purposes, what makes Schera in Spanish sound awful?

It sounds like "cherry", but ends with an a and has a random s in front.

Not that bad, it just sounds weird.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, had to make sure. I mean, considering you guys have Castilian, Basque, Catalan, Aragonese, Asturo-Leonese, Galician, etc... all running around over there...

Yeah, Spain's a mess. Heck, where I live old people speak a sort of Galicia-Castilian hybrid that's utterly incomprehensible.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

y'all never heard of the thousand and one night smh

That's where Ali Baba came from, right?

Ali Baba in Berwick Saga is one of Pisaro's underlings, alongside Pedro.

...There, I'm calling her Pedro from now on.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, Spain's a mess. Heck, where I live old people speak a sort of Galicia-Castilian hybrid that's utterly incomprehensible.

That's language evolution for ya. After all, all but Basque evolved from the same Visigothic-Latin hybrid with some sprinkle of Bedouin Arabic.

And then of course, you have the Latin American dialects of Spanish that mix things up further. And the less we talk about Chilean Spanish the better.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How different are all of those types?

Pedrozard.

Or you could be cultured like me and just call her Aerial, but you’re not that far yet.

Gotta say, so far I'm liking all the characters. Josh is kinda boring, but the rest are great. Estelle, Walking Dead Man, Pedro... I like 'em.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Very. Like, "you need to learn them" different.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Sooks said:

Enough.

For Basque: Well enough.

It's actually the only not related to any of the others of the bunch. Heck, Basque is not even Indo-European.

Yeah, Basque is a beast of its own. Though you can't underestimate the others. If you don't know them, you can sort of tell they're familiar, but you still gotta put in some effort to learn them or you won't get anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's where Ali Baba came from, right?

Ali Baba in Berwick Saga is one of Pisaro's underlings, alongside Pedro.

Fun fact, also Aladdin.

The original version where Aladdin was from China.