Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say, so far I'm liking all the characters. Josh is kinda boring, but the rest are great. Estelle, Walking Dead Man, Pedro... I like 'em.

You like Estelle? Huh. I was expecting you to start ranting after she jumped on top of Joshua in the opening scene while he was injured, because anime slapstick.

Very. Like, "you need to learn them" different.

Crossing Spain off the to do list of after I (hopefully) learn Spanish and after Covid ends

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

That's when you know you played too much FE

xD

Are you kidding me? Dads die everywhere. Anime, movies, TV shows, books, dads never live. And Cassius has dropped, like, all of the red flags in his short screentime, except "I'm retiring soon" and "I have something important to tell you, but we don't have time right now."

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You like Estelle? Huh. I was expecting you to start ranting after she jumped on top of Joshua in the opening scene while he was injured, because anime slapstick.

Too busy relating to her burning hatred of school.

Crossing Spain off the to do list of after I (hopefully) learn Spanish and after Covid ends

I mean, you just have to avoid ending up in Galicia, Cataluña and Pais Vasco, and you'll be fine. Spanish is the norm everywhere else. And even in those places, you can usually survive on Spanish alone.

Screenshot_3133.png?width=800&height=431

I DID IT

I was able to find my old saves on my old, broken PC. I don't have to redo everything now.

Where was this when i needed it a year ago?

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Something like this sort of ranking triggers a mixed reaction from me. Winning more means stuff that helps you win. I accept it a whole lot in FE, as rewards for being strategic- for visiting every village before bandits get there, beating thieves to all the treasures, and the occasional bonus condition etc.. But outright rankings feels different to me, more unfair to less skilled players.

I guess it depends on if you can redo the level or not. Valkyria Chronicles lets you replay levels although there's no way you're getting A-ranks on earlier stages without promos and weapons you've gotten later in the game.

Are you kidding me? Dads die everywhere. Anime, movies, TV shows, books, dads never live. And Cassius has dropped, like, all of the red flags in his short screentime, except "I'm retiring soon" and "I have something important to tell you, but we don't have time right now."

Eliwood would like to have a word with you.

Though yeah, good point. It's a rarity when you get to see the character with both parents alive and present by the end. I can only think of... the first Lunar game, Dragon Quest VI, Pokémon Ruby&Sapphire... certainly there might be others, but quite few overall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh hey, I finally made it to the gameplay!

...It's getting late, though, so I'm calling it a night. It's okay, though. I was in the mood for a bit of reading, anyway.

So for first impressions: Most of the characters are cool, though if Joshua continues being propped up as "perfect" by everyone around him while behaving perfectly boring, I might end up not liking him very much. Other than that, though, I like them all so far. There's a lot of game left, though.

Tomorrow I beat up critters with a stick.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I have something important to tell you, but we don't have time right now."

It’s coming 😉

Too busy relating to her burning hatred of school.

I don’t remember that being brought up there.

I mean, you just have to avoid ending up in Galicia, Cataluña and Pais Vasco, and you'll be fine. Spanish is the norm everywhere else. And even in those places, you can usually survive on Spanish alone.

I see!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tbf in that scene Joshua was being a lil bitch.

He deserved it.

shots fired

Just now, Sooks said:

I don’t remember that being brought up there.

Your memory must be about as good as Estelle's, then, because it's been brought up like four times already.

I’m intrigued by Joshua for reasons you two haven’t gotten to yet.

Anyway I see what Shrimpy meant by Trails being dialogue heavy, this is the second part of chapter 2 that’s been like an hour of dialogue lol

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Your memory must be about as good as Estelle's, then, because it's been brought up like four times already.

Oh trust me, it gets brought up a million times throughout the game, I just didn’t remember it happening in the literal first scene.

Anyway I see what Shrimpy meant by Trails being dialogue heavy, this is the second part of chapter 2 that’s been like an hour of dialogue lol

But is it SRW-level of being dialogue heavy?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

But is it SRW-level of being dialogue heavy?

Well they’re not trying to put... 5? stories in the game all at one time so I suppose not.

Just now, Sooks said:

Well they’re not trying to put... 5? stories in the game all at one time so I suppose not.

Try 15 to 20.

You know, Estelle seems to be very popular among the Trails fans but she hasn’t really been the best protag in existence so far, though she has grown on me after this last story but.

Olivier is wonderful though.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Try 15 to 20.

F

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Joshua's not really a boring character, just reserved, really, IMO.

Don't forget, these are my first impressions from, like, 1 hour of playtime. It'll change, probably.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Kloe is an all time fav. of mine as well!

Also shipped her hard with Joshua in FC xD

Someone skipped the rehearsal scene