• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So today I just spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to find out if Xenoblade 2's "coffee with milk" was different in the Japanese version. There are apparently no English videos with Japanese subtitles, so I had to look up a Japanese playthrough on Niconico. The answer is that it's basically the same, though the specific wording is "café au lait" instead (or "kafeore"/カフェオレ in Japanese). Café au lait is specifically coffee with hot milk, so you can make use of this useless information as you see fit.

Spoiler

I'm not sure how I'd find out if Japanese fans refer to Pneuma as Kafeore, however, or if that's just an English thing.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Or imagine completing a really stupid chase sequence only to find out that who you're chasing
a) gets caught anyway
b) gets caugh by someone other than you regardless of whether or not you succeed

It's the kind of stuff that really makes me ask "why the heck do I bother playing this, anyway?"

Or:

Hype up that boss as that super hype guy

>defeat him/her in 3 Minutes before one loop of the ost

😂

And then lose in the Cutscene anyway lmao

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's okay! I should prolly stop triggering your PTSD, too

not your fault.

But i promised myself to never get into Trails fight on reddit ever since i left the fanbase, and have been succeeding so far. But i just saw a

''You can play Zero without Sky''

comment, which drove me up the wall since Zero is like Sky 4 lmao

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, how long is Trails, again?

Nine chapters, including prologue.

Unless you mean the whole series, I think it's nine or ten?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

dafuq? wrong.

FC is 4 chapters + prologue

1 minute ago, Benice said:

10 games

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

The answer is that it's basically the same, though the specific wording is "café au lait" instead (or "kafeore"/カフェオレ in Japanese). Café au lait is specifically coffee with hot milk, so you can make use of this useless information as you see fit.

Well she's definitely hot so this is accurate.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Or:

Hype up that boss as that super hype guy

>defeat him/her in 3 Minuts before one loop of the ost

😂

Nah see, that just means i was built different.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nine chapters? What? FC is only five.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think I'll finally do Ch7 of VS today.

And continue to be the contrarian not playing Trails at the moment.

Good luck!

I am considering playing Metroid: Other M in the near future because i really need to know for myself if it's actually the war crime that everyone says it is.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The first game? Like 20-ish hours. At least that's how long it took me.

Oh, only that? That's less than I thought it'd be. Good.

...Then again, almost 5 hours in I'm still in the prologue, so... Somehow I doubt it.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thanks, but I meant in hours, so Armagon's response works.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks, but I meant in hours, so Armagon's response works.

And Benice's answer is wrong xD

It's 4 + prologue

for me FC was ~40 Hours

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Then again, almost 5 hours in I'm still in the prologue, so... Somehow I doubt it.

I feel like y'all are spending more time in FC than i did. Yeah i didn't do a whole lot of side content but between Ruben spending 5 hours in the prologue and Benice somehow spending 23 in the first chapter.....yeah.

I am 30ish hours in now iirc and I’m at either the beginning or the early middle of chapter 3, while having done all the side content I came across except for one tower.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, only that? That's less than I thought it'd be. Good.

...Then again, almost 5 hours in I'm still in the prologue, so... Somehow I doubt it.

5 hours was how long the prologue took me but I rushed through the first two areas because I had already done them on normal.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And Benice's answer is wrong xD

It's 4 + prologue

Right.

for me FC was ~40 Hours

That's... less good, but I'm only in the prologue. I imagine the game will get better when we start the proper chapters and the story stops being "Estelle does/says something dumb, Joshua sasses her for it, Estelle gets angry, rinse and repeat forever" and the gameplay stops being "charge Joshua's 20% faint magic, charge Estelle's fire magic, rinse and repeat forever with the occassional heal, finisher with regular attack and S-break."

...It... It will, won't it?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

yeah it will, dw.

You will soon get 3rd party member, and story will start to expand.

The prologue gives you pretty limited tools but then the game opens up

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah it will, dw.

You will soon get 3rd party member, and story will start to expand.

The prologue gives you pretty limited tools but then the game opens up

Thank God... I mean, to be fair, up until Dad left it was good. It was after every major character other than Estelle and Joshua fell off the face of the Earth that everything started to feel... Fillerish. Thankfully I'm almost done with the tasks Dad left behind. Hopefully things will kick into gear after that. I know this game's story has a slow pace, but right now it just straight up has no pace lol

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So it just adds 2-3 extra steps to the routine?

Don't say things like that.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right.

That's... less good, but I'm only in the prologue. I imagine the game will get better when we start the proper chapters and the story stops being "Estelle does/says something dumb, Joshua sasses her for it, Estelle gets angry, rinse and repeat forever" and the gameplay stops being "charge Joshua's 20% faint magic, charge Estelle's fire magic, rinse and repeat forever with the occassional heal, finisher with regular attack and S-break."

Yes.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thank God... I mean, to be fair, up until Dad left it was good. It was after every major character other than Estelle and Joshua fell off the face of the Earth that everything started to feel... Fillerish. Thankfully I'm almost done with the tasks Dad left behind. Hopefully things will kick into gear after that. I know this game's story has a slow pace, but right now it just straight up has no pace lol

imo it’s only the beginning that has a slow pace.

And yes, things will kick into gear after that.

Edit: Actually, early chapter 2’s pace is... nonexistent.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

imo it’s only the beginning that has a slow pace.

And yes, things will kick into gear after that.

Not gonna lie, at first I hesitated to ask because I didn't want to act all negative about this game in this thread, but... Well, that's one hell of a relief, haha. Certainly motivates me to get through what I've left of the Dad Tasks. Shouldn't be very long, anyway, I'm already at the top of the tower with the journalist and his weird photographer.

...Seriously though, I straight up dozed off during Alba's history lesson. That's when I started to worry. I have no idea what he said there. I hope it wasn't anything important lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio