• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck this forest and fuck random encounters.

Yakuza 0

I think I'm gonna take a break from Dark Souls. Not findin' it to be too much of a good time yet, but I'll give it a rest.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not as much himself as the way the game frames him as this perfect guy who does everything right and is always correct against Estelle who's an idiot who's always wrong and needs her brother to keep her in check.

Ugh.

In general, I dislike that trope too. Though fiction tend to flood it with the other way. So props for inverting it for a change at least.

It's fun to comment on half-info. One of these days I need to check a full playthrough before playing myself.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All right, I found a subarea that has a tree. Big tree in the middle. I actually found it before. I left because nothing was happening. I see that hasn't changed. Sigh... Am I really gonna have to look up a guide for the first dungeon?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

???

Game doesn't have random encounters tho.

It has encounters that only turn visible when it's too late, because they're already charging you and I have three party members that need to turn around.

Of course, I could walk slower, but I am too impatient for that.

Also check the mini map/map.

The game took away the mini map.

Just now, Benice said:

Yakuza 0

At the rate this is going...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has encounters that only turn visible when it's too late, because they're already charging you and I have three party members that need to turn around.

Of course, I could walk slower, but I am too impatient for that.

I literally have the game on auto run and have been surprised by encounters like twice.

Also, you should be able to run before dying. Especially if Joshua has an action quartz, which he probably does at your part.

Edited by Sooks

At the rate this is going...

Well, to encourage you, Yakuza 0 also has encounters that appear in similar ways to those in Trails. So...You can't escape the frustration, I guess!

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sigh... Am I really gonna have to look up a guide for the first dungeon?

no shame if you can't figure out the way/puzzle

It has encounters that only turn visible when it's too late

Usually i have no problems with that.

Well, after the prologue you will get access to items that will let you see enemies from afar, and even some that makes them not notice you

Also you have 100% escape chance for any battle

Edited by Shrimperor

I always found it rather demotivating how every time you die in Dark Souls, you become weaker and consequently have to defeat the opponent who killed you under even worse odds. Discourages experimentation too.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I always found it rather demotivating how every time you die in Dark Souls, you become weaker and consequently have to defeat the opponent who killed you under even worse odds. Discourages experimentation too.

Eh, that's not the part that's discouraging me so much as the fact that death is just...Well, more annoying than anything else, as compared to a true setback or something you'd risk anything to avoid. The combat ain't really clickin' with me either, so that doesn't help.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorry to hear that, just out of curiosity, how far did you get?

To that tin can with the large horn-club thing in the undead bastion. ...I think that's what it's called, at least. I was just trying to figure out how parrying worked, 'cause that tin can bloke is a veritable record player with how much he can spin, so I feel like counters are a better bet against 'im.

All right! I made it!

...out of the forest. So new lore: Scherazard took the corpses of the kids and buried them at the Bright household. She then passed away that night from alcohol poisoning. Thankfully, Cassius Bright didn't have to mourn them - he perished while on the line of duty due to plot related reasons. As for Ruben, he went to play Berwick Saga.

Fuck this forest.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I literally have the game on auto run and have been surprised by encounters like twice.

How!?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also, you should be able to run before dying. Especially if Joshua has an action quartz, which he probably does at your part.

The problem is, the game gives me just enough time to be startled by the enemies, turn back, then get hit from behind and die. It's infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, to encourage you, Yakuza 0 also has encounters that appear in similar ways to those in Trails. So...You can't escape the frustration, I guess!

Yakuza is a brawler, though. I run after the encounters in those games.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, after the prologue you will get access to items that will let you see enemies from afar, and even some that makes them not notice you

Thank goodness.

Just now, BrightBow said:

That's... Well, actually, I've not played 1, but if it's anything like 3, that's very much not true at all. Nothing changes if you die, you just lose the game's equivalent of money. Of course, 1 could be different for all I know.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How!?

by looking at the area? I always run and rarely had i problems not fighting fights i don'T want to fight. There's enough time between enemies becoming visible and them running after you

The problem is, the game gives me just enough time to be startled by the enemies, turn back, then get hit from behind and die. It's infuriating

he meant run away from battle. You can escape any battle with 100% escape chance

anyway, here's forest solution

Spoiler

Anyway, at Mistwald, there's no map for you to use. Facing north, and go straight forward. At the second area, there are three log bridges. On the leftmost side, it leads to a Bear Claw while the center and the rightmost bridge leads to an intersection. At the intersection, there are two paths: One going north and the other east. The one that goes north leads to a dead end. The path you want to go is east. Be sure to choose the second option, F-fine! But I'm not happy about this! There, it'll lead to the boss.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How!?

Because they’re easy to spot and avoid.

I mean, two was a bit of an exaggeration but it has really never been an issue. And I don’t think I’m actually using anything that can reveal enemies to me even though I have it. The only times I get genuinely surprised by enemies popping are when I’m using turbo mode and not paying attention.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

he meant run away from battle. You can escape any battle with 100% escape chance

Yeah, I know, but it's hard to do that when everyone is dead and Scherazard gets finished by the enemies in the preemptive attack.

Though, I'll admit, that was my mistake. I saved like an idiot after Joshua died and it all went downhill from there.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

anyway, here's forest solution

I'll do it tomorrow because I am sick of this game right now.

Yakuza is a brawler, though. I run after the encounters in those games.

Oh.

One LEETLE piece of advice: I wouldn't spam encounters in the earlygame as much as possible, since they become more numerous at parts of the story, so I would advocate for keeping the novelty...New.

Also, for the Miracle in Maharaja sidequest, should you encounter it PICK THE BLACK BOX. It gives you probably the most useful QoL thing in the game.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I meant my characters run in the overworld automatically instead of walking. But yeah, I run from like 80% of unnecessary encounters too.

Just now, Benice said:

One LEETLE piece of advice: I wouldn't spam encounters in the earlygame as much as possible, since they become more numerous at parts of the story, so I would advocate for keeping the novelty...New.

If the fighting is as fun as I hope it is, I don't know if I'll be able to help myself.

Just now, Benice said:

Also, for the Miracle in Maharaja sidequest, should you encounter it PICK THE BLACK BOX. It gives you probably the most useful QoL thing in the game.

Well, that's random. Might I ask what that does?

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eh, that's not the part that's discouraging me so much as the fact that death is just...Well, more annoying than anything else, as compared to a true setback or something you'd risk anything to avoid. The combat ain't really clickin' with me either, so that doesn't help.

Sounds like me with Hollow Knight. The difficulty isn't so bad as much as having to backtrack 5-10 minutes just to have a go at the same boss fight.

You guys should try the super boss in Octopath. For every attempt, you first have to beat the eight boss long boss rush of one boss from each character’s story.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's... Well, actually, I've not played 1, but if it's anything like 3, that's very much not true at all. Nothing changes if you die, you just lose the game's equivalent of money. Of course, 1 could be different for all I know.

I've played the 2nd one, and every time you die you lose part of your max health. You can restore it with an effigy, but they are limited.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Might I ask what that does?

Encounter finder. ...It does basically exactly what it says it does. Shows you every single aggro-able encounter in all of Kamurocho while you have it equipped. The other playable has one too, but I don't think it's missable.

This is mostly useful for one reason: It shows you exactly where Mr. Shakedowns are. Mr. Shakedowns are basically the fastest way to get cash in the game. At a great risk. There are other ways as well, but if you're doing the beginning of the Real Estate Royale minigame or wanna get an expensive upgrade, you make a beeline to a Shakedown. Plus, they're also pretty fun fights! Well, when the game's not running at a solid 3 FPS like mine was.

Note that this isn't a necessity to beat the game, but it's something that you might not want to miss.

Edited by Benice