Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You guys should try the super boss in Octopath. For every attempt, you first have to beat the eight boss long boss rush of one boss from each character’s story.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think I will.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I've played the 2nd one, and every time you die you lose part of your max health. You can restore it with an effigy, but they are limited.

I didn't know that... Doesn't happen in 3.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

Encounter finder. ...It does basically exactly what it says it does. Shows you every single aggro-able encounter in all of Kamurocho while you have it equipped.

Wait... you mean I can't pick fights with random passersby?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait... you mean I can't pick fights with random passersby?

You absolutely can! Just not every single one of them.

...and also, they DEFINITELY start the fights because Kiryu is an honourable soul. And has never killed anyone ever. Same goes with Majima! It's self-defence, I promise.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think I will.

I just gave up and copied someone’s exact team from the internet.

Just now, Benice said:

and also, they DEFINITELY start the fights because Kiryu is an honourable soul. And has never killed anyone ever. Same goes with Majima! It's self-defence, I promise.

This kinda feels like the obligatory disclaimer on prescriptions that, despite the myriad side effects they have, they've technically never killed anyone.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

You absolutely can!

Goooood...

Just not every single one of them.

Aw... But I wanted to beat up old ladies!

...Okay, no, I mean, that's not what I meant at all...

...and also, they DEFINITELY start the fights because Kiryu is an honourable soul. And has never killed anyone ever. Same goes with Majima! It's self-defence, I promise.

I'm looking forward to seeing all these dumb memes in action.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

The combat ain't really clickin' with me either, so that doesn't help.

Yeah, Dark Souls 1 has the clunkiest combat of the series.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

To that tin can with the large horn-club thing in the undead bastion. ...I think that's what it's called, at least. I was just trying to figure out how parrying worked, 'cause that tin can bloke is a veritable record player with how much he can spin, so I feel like counters are a better bet against 'im.

Do you mean Havel?

e3e.png

You don't have to fight him yet (or ever, but it makes things easier to traverse latter on if you do...), fairly certain you can head up instead of down to progress.

Spoiler

Although seeing what is up there is a boss that might not actually improve your situation much.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I've played the 2nd one, and every time you die you lose part of your max health. You can restore it with an effigy, but they are limited.

That is only really in DS2 (and I think Deomons Souls...its been a long time since I played that so I don't quite remember how it works...), although DS3 has embers that can increase max health, but you lose that bonus after you die.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

But also, this appeals to me. My interest has been increased.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who loves games where you can beat random people up for no greater reason than one's repressed human desire for carnage.

This kinda feels like the obligatory disclaimer on prescriptions that, despite the myriad side effects they have, they've technically never killed anyone.

No, no, no! The bullets and explosions were rubber, don't you see?

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

e3e.png

Aye, that's the one!

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You don't have to fight him yet (or ever, but it makes things easier to traverse latter on if you do...),

Yes, but he killed me while I had 10k souls on me, so I am going back for vengeance.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

But also, this appeals to me. My interest has been increased.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Deomons Souls...

I watched a PS5 playthrough of it, and I think how it works there is you have a solid, normal form, and a ghost form which has less health.

Also, Demon's Souls looks pretty neat. Hope it's not always PS5 exclusive.

Always having to returning to the boss room is also not too great. Having to beat all the scrubs again every time you die... even in classic games, you got several tries at the boss if you did a good enough job with the level to preserve your extra lives. Which also kept you motivated to keep doing your best in the level.
But here, having to keep repeating that process with the expectation that you will probably just die in 10 seconds at the boss again gets old really fast. And I mean, it's not like you can just steam roll those grunts either. You still take a shitton of damage of them, so you gotta do things properly.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fun fact: I'm just now finding out what Palps says between his "good"s here. Seriously, I didn't understand what he said. It sounded like "good, I've gotta be kidding good" to me...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

What is this, 4Kids?

No, Kiryu has just never killed anyone, so he must have used rubber bullets and explosions!

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, Demon's Souls looks pretty neat. Hope it's not always PS5 exclusive.

Well bad news there, Sony actually got that licence on lock, it's part of why Dark Souls was made into a separate series.

Course, the fact it took this long for anything to be done with Demon's Souls says a bunch about what From Software have been up to.

(It's original's also the only one I have..... I sucked at it)

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, Kiryu has just never killed anyone, so he must have used rubber bullets and explosions!

Rubber explosions sound too ridiculous to be real.

But if they weren't he'd have to have killed so they must be!

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Rubber explosions sound too ridiculous to be real.

But if they weren't he'd have to have killed so they must be!

You don't get it. Kiryu is such a kind soul that has never killed anyone, that he holds back when he explodes things. That's why people survive. He holds back.

Just now, Sooks said:

Looks like a lot of people are changing their profile picture today.

For Dayni, it's just Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I knew I couldn't be the only one who loves games where you can beat random people up for no greater reason than one's repressed human desire for carnage.

Yes.

tenor.gif?itemid=9761415

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, no, no! The bullets and explosions were rubber, don't you see?

541512344790892554.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sometimes I do it based on what I'm playing, sometimes just on my mood.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Eggsistensialism didn't feel right.

You don't get it. Kiryu is such a kind soul that has never killed anyone, that he holds back when he explodes things. That's why people survive. He holds back.

Managing to hold back with non-fatal explosions, truly the power of the Yakuza for you.

For Dayni, it's just Tuesday.

"For you, the day I changed my profile pic was the single most important day of your life. But for me.... it was Tuesday."

Yes.

tenor.gif?itemid=9761415

POV: The muscle-bound protagonist just walked up onto the street about to beat up everything.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I change my pic often too. I believe it was only a year ago I still had Barlowe!

......It's been a year since your Berwick LP unveiled the current pfp. I mean, aside from the imposter (Who I'm still suspect of), what else?

Castlevania's new season's the finale? Man, I need to get on that because it's actually out now.