• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

[Kiryu uses heat action where he hits someone with a box of nails then throws them]

Top comment on the video:

God, Kiryu is such a badass,. I wish he’d do that to me.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's been a year since your Berwick LP unveiled the current pfp. I mean, aside from the imposter (Who I'm still suspect of), what else?

Pretty sure the only other change was putting on my evil guy garbage bag on for halloween.

Still better than my Steam account. I changed to a pic I made for myself on SFM like, a year ago? Prior to that, I'd had the same pic for... Roughly 7 years.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still better than my Steam account. I changed to a pic I made for myself on SFM like, a year ago? Prior to that, I'd had the same pic for... Roughly 7 years.

Yeah, mine hasn't been changed in ages.

This is fine.

Also, in only a couple places, and here when it comes into the rotation, do I use as a picture an actual Acacia Sgt:

Acaciasgt.png

Shocking I'd use that one, I know.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I never even set up a Steam profile.

Never saw the point. I thought Steam was a digital store, not a social media platform.

I mean, I had a use for it's chat back in the day. Less relevant now.

...Wait, I thought you have Vestaria. Do you have it with GOG or what?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I had a use for it's chat back in the day. Less relevant now.

...Wait, I thought you have Vestaria. Do you have it with GOG or what?

I have a Steam account. Just not a Steam profile.

I just really do not care one bit about having a publicly available profile with whatever information Valve feels like sharing about me to the rest of the world.

Edited by BrightBow

Worth setting up to show that I'm among the 0.9% of Ys Origin player base that has beaten Pikkardon. Even if I'm sure that's not true at all...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stat buffs/debuffs, meaning ta/ra/suku + kajas or -undas, aren't the same thing as ailments if you ask me.

True but it's still worth bringing up as a lot of turn-based RPGs still don't let you debuff bosses for more than a turn.

Of course, we must address the elephant in the room that is Pokemon, a game where (types and abilities not counting), anyone can be inflicted with debuffs and ailments. But Pokemon is fundamentally different than most turn-based RPGs (even other monster collectors).

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Other M is unusually story-heavy for a Metroid, which could be considered good, or simply different, or bad- b/c you think the plot that exists is badly done. Metroid is usually devoid of story for better or worse, although before Other M, Fusion and Prime 3 did go heavier on it than the nonexistent Super/Prime 1. And some people enjoy the subtle Prime 1, 2 & Hunters approach of "story through logbook entries scattered across the explorable world".

It really doesn't matter to me either way, as long as it's passable.

If Metroid wants to have a story-driven take, fine by me.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The big issue with missiles is that need to change hand positions to use them, if you want them in combat, or any moment where timing matters, then you are in for a bad time.

Do you think emulating the game would alleviate the issue at least a little bit? It's on the Wii U eShop (practically the entire series is) but it seems like Other M being emulated could do away with making you change your hand positions.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I'm lost. This perspective is awful, I can't see anything...!

Oh yeah, the camera is actually shit when it comes to the towns. And you'll have to put up with this for two more games unfortunately.

It actually caused me some whiplash when i went back to the Sky games after playing Crossbell and Cold Steel.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Agate good? Agate bad? Who knows?

Agate good, i like how she has specific battle lines against insect enemi-wait, wrong Agate. Sorry.

Jokes aside, Agate good.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I change my pic often too. I believe it was only a year ago I still had Barlowe!

It was only a month ago you had moustache-less.....whoever it is that's on your pfp.

Aight, time to redo the Ch.6  Long battle and the boss! Maybe this time they'll land a hit.

As I think my long standing E shows, I have never been enough of a picture person to bother with a Profile Pic, on basically any of the accounts I use.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do you think emulating the game would alleviate the issue at least a little bit? It's on the Wii U eShop (practically the entire series is) but it seems like Other M being emulated could do away with making you change your hand positions.

I don't know, I have never actually done any Wii emulation, as I still use my old one when I want to play Wii games.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I change my pic often too. I believe it was only a year ago I still had Barlowe!

Is this a joke?

No seriously, I wasn’t on here a year ago. But in the whole time I’ve been here you haven’t changed your profile picture other than for a joke, so do you just change it for jokes or do you genuinely change it? Or just not at all?

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this a joke?

No seriously, I wasn’t on here a year ago. But in the whole time I’ve been here you haven’t changed your profile picture other than for a joke, so do you just change it for jokes or do you genuinely change it? Or just not at all?

Its not a joke, he used to have an image of the Castlevania Order of Ecclesia character Barlowe, as a profile pic for a while. Hopefully @Saint Rubenio can supply the image and better sate your curiosity..

If you think FE ballistats are bs, let me present you this hell-ish thing

Qwsc4A9.png

>can move on rail

>Aoe (+ formation. 4 x 4)

>Burn (which somehow last so fucking long, might as well be Thracia poison at this point)

>High elevation means only my Archer can attack it, and my Archer needs 4 Attacks to kills the damn thing lmao

Also while dealing with it enemies rush at you, including

>Armor Knights so tanky, they make the tankiest FE armor knights look like mages, and my mage is weaksauce

>Enemy Archers (with super long rang)

>Enemies 100% ''attack stance'' activation since all except for like 1 tactic point is near enemy starting position, which means Archers can do deal like 600 damage to my units as they just attack together

Edited by Shrimperor

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If you think FE ballistats are bs, let me present you this hell-ish thing

Qwsc4A9.png

>can move on rail

>Aoe (+ formation. 4 x 4)

>Burn (which somehow last so fucking long, might as well be Thracia poison at this point)

>High elevation means only my Archer can attack it, and my Archer needs 4 Attacks to kills the damn thing lmao

Also while dealing with it enemies rush at you, including

>Armor Knights so tanky, they make the tankiest FE armor knights look like mages, and my mage is weaksauce

>Enemy Archers (with super long rang)

>Enemies 100% ''attack stance'' activation since all except for like 1 tactic point is near enemy starting position, which means Archers can do deal like 600 damage to my units as they just attack together

😧

It's Super Famicom Wars's Artillery Train back from the grave. (Although that was beatable if you could get up close, the maps never allowed for that.) Or maybe those two Valkyria Chronicles (the prison camp of VC1, the snowy rail station of VC4) chapters with enemy trains.

Rail-moving units are cool in a way, although difficult to integrate into a war video game, so I think making them slightly overpowered to compensate for their severe moment restrictions is fine -if the player gets to use them

Is Gungnir's difficulty going off the rails for you? Is the difficulty smooth, or is it sometimes easy express, and then all of sudden you hit a trainwreck of a battle? Is the game challenging to start because of it's intricate but becomes fun and not so bad once you understand the mechanics and get into locomotion?