• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You guys are way too understanding, you know that?
But thank you all!

Also, good morning, everyone!
What's new?

As for me, I delved a bit into the series that birthed the "OBJECTION!" meme.
Pretty awesome games, all things considered! Quite hilarious, too, with pun names such as Wendy Oldbag or Luke Atmey. XD
And who could forget about Detective Dick Gumshoe? Yes, that's his name. And I know Dick is a shortening of Richard, but still. xD
And one of the prosecutors chucking his coffee at the defense when he's riled up, which makes this happen:
9YVC9lo.png

XD

What makes this even funnier is the fact that said prosecutor kinda looks like Archer, from Fate. So now my headcanon is that Emiya went to law school and became a prosecutor while developing a coffee addiction. The guy downs 17 mugs of coffee per trial. 17!

Ace Attorney is pretty great. I've played the OG trilogy, the Apollo game and both Investigations. My favorite by far was Investigations 2, so look forward to that!

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And I mean quite specifically too, one from Order of Ecclesia sounds quite similar.

Oh yeah, just gave it a quick listen, that is totally An Empty Tome.

8 hours ago, Spara said:

Also, Ruben, you stopped at 6x, right?

You got to miss out on these lovely bastards:

Hide contents

Screenshot_993.png

I did play a little bit of this map, so I saw them.

Very Kaga.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Obligatory:

XvQTknR.png

Oi! Give credit where credit is due or I'll break your kneecaps! Now that I'm playing Yakuza I know how to do it! Stealing memes is serious business!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ace Attorney is pretty great. I've played the OG trilogy, the Apollo game and both Investigations. My favorite by far was Investigations 2, so look forward to that!

Oh, nice, nice! Definitely will! It's been a blast so far!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, just gave it a quick listen, that is totally An Empty Tome.

Doesn't sound empty at all.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oi! Give credit where credit is due or I'll break your kneecaps! Now that I'm playing Yakuza I know how to do it! Stealing memes is serious business!

If you were serious I'd be sleeping with the fishes already.

I.... I don't know the Yakuza equivalent of concrete shoes.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Obligatory:

XvQTknR.png

Roy right after.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Pretty awesome games, all things considered! Quite hilarious, too, with pun names such as Wendy Oldbag or Luke Atmey. XD
And who could forget about Detective Dick Gumshoe? Yes, that's his name. And I know Dick is a shortening of Richard, but still. xD
And one of the prosecutors chucking his coffee at the defense when he's riled up, which makes this happen:

Its such a great series, I like to jokingly think of it as the anime Perry Mason games. Sounds like you played through the orig trig, which are true classics. Apollo Justice gets more flack than it really deserves for trying to give the series to a new protagonist, although leaving Dick Gumshoe behind is the greatest travesty the latter games do, as odd as this sounds he really was the heart of the trilogy. Dual Destines is a great followup (and even managed to give Justice a bit of a Raiden treatment) and Spirit of Justice is where they finally bring the Fey family medium powers to the forefront, and I feel set the series up for Justice to take the series for real without fan backlash.

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

9YVC9lo.png

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

now my headcanon is that Emiya went to law school and became a prosecutor while developing a coffee addiction.

Fun fact: if he fidn't succed in Magic Shirou was going to become a lawyer

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Doesn't sound empty at all.

I mean, neither did the original, that was one hell of a bop.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

If you were serious I'd be sleeping with the fishes already.

I.... I don't know the Yakuza equivalent of concrete shoes.

I give you a pass because every time you use the Lilina meme it gets a good hearty chuckle out of me.

In today's episode of "the Youtube algorythm is utterly incomprehensible but sometimes it's right", this was on my feed yesterday.

I haven't the faintest idea what this anime is supposed to be. Looks to me like your run-of-the-mill slice of life romance between some depressed guy and his 1000 year old waifu with animal ears. Just another one for the pile. But the song is absolutely beautiful, so I won't complain.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You guys are way too understanding, you know that?
But thank you all!

Of course. It's no problem at all.

What's new?

I've been knocking out the smaller games in my backlog lately. Right now it's Hollow Knight.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall trying to fight the Watcher Knights. 👀

But once I'm past those, the rest of the game shouldn't be too difficult.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In today's episode of "the Youtube algorythm is utterly incomprehensible but sometimes it's right", this was on my feed yesterday.

I haven't the faintest idea what this anime is supposed to be. Looks to me like your run-of-the-mill slice of life romance between some depressed guy and his 1000 year old waifu with animal ears. Just another one for the pile. But the song is absolutely beautiful, so I won't complain.

Spice and wolf is kino. Watch it, Ruben.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Spice and wolf is kino. Watch it, Ruben.

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think I ever will. But thank you still for making the effort to write those words, one of which I do not even know what it means.

Hello everyone. Today, I bring you: Lea from CrossCode.

LeaHappy.png

Tomorrow? Who knows.

Pretty awesome games, all things considered!

They are pretty funny games and on principle, these are the types of VNs I'd play since it has actual gameplay in it.

But at the same time, I'd feel like I'd just suck at it and just look up all the answers haha. That's exactly what I did with the Professor Layton trilogy. Got to a point where I was just there for the plot and looked up guides for each and every puzzle that came my way.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Glad you had a happy birthday...I think?

*Wraith makes grugling noises from underneath the empty whisky bottles*

Edited by Wraith

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But at the same time, I'd feel like I'd just suck at it and just look up all the answers haha. That's exactly what I did with the Professor Layton trilogy. Got to a point where I was just there for the plot and looked up guides for each and every puzzle that came my way.

Conveniently, the upcoming Great Ace Attorney Collection has a "Story Mode" that essentially makes the game play itself, so now you have no excuse not to get it. Capcom games go on sale every week anyway, so it's not like you had much of an excuse to begin with.

No, but seriously, what does "kino" even mean?

Oh, by the way, been meaning to say. Olivier is the best. That is all.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have not quit entirely on Trails yet, even if I have moved to Yakuza. See, after playing it for a while, I've realized that Trails is like a few other games that I've experienced in the past: the story does interest me, but the gameplay drags it down massively. Due to this, I've done what I did for all those other games: I've found myself a nice little screenshot LP, and I'm using it as reading material.

So yeah. I might continue to share my impressions on the story, if you guys are interested, but I think I'd rather not continue to subject myself to the gameplay. It's very RPG, and while I wouldn't call it bad by any means, I'm afraid I just don't enjoy it that much, personally.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think I ever will. But thank you still for making the effort to write those words, one of which I do not even know what it means.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, but seriously, what does "kino" even mean?

The highest tier of artistry in a medium, aka Peak Fiction.

The problem is really more that you got a lifebar. I get you want to avoid people using the trial & error approach, but a lot of them feel less like solving a riddle with the information at hand and more like guessing how the writers want the scene to progress.
And either way, 5 HP is just way too little given how long those sessions usually go on.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

The highest tier of artistry in a medium, aka Peak Fiction.

Ah. Well, thanks for the clarification as well as the suggestion.

...Isn't the anime, like, incomplete, though? From what I saw in the comments section (buried underneath the "economics and waifu" memes) apparently it only goes up to like, volume 4 of 15? That'd be a rather unpleasant surprise in the extremely unlikely event that I ever sat down and watched that.

Just now, BrightBow said:

The problem is really more that you got a lifebar. I get you want to avoid people using the trial & error approach, but a lot of them feel less like solving a riddle with the information at hand and more like guessing how the writers want the scene to progress.
And either way, 5 HP is just way too short given how long those sessions usually go on.

Implying anyone even gave a shit about the lifebar in a game where you can just save at any point without consequences. If their intention was to avoid the "trial & error" approach, well, they failed miserably lol

You know, I’ve always wanted to try Ace Attorney. Never got around to it, although I did play a demo for one on the 3DS.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I looked at the thumbnail and was like “I don’t remember this happening in Octopath.”

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They are pretty funny games and on principle, these are the types of VNs I'd play since it has actual gameplay in it.

Me with FC‘S riddles.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hello everyone. Today, I bring you: Lea from CrossCode.

LeaHappy.png

Tomorrow? Who knows.

Their portraits are always so expressive.

Which is very good.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, by the way, been meaning to say. Olivier is the best. That is all.

Even if you don’t like the gameplay, I am very glad for this fact.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What's new?

I have made it to the final chapter of FC.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Implying anyone even gave a shit about the lifebar in a game where you can just save at any point without consequences. If their intention was to avoid the "trial & error" approach, well, they failed miserably lol

Sure, but saving also forces a soft-reset, taking you out of the experience. I think the games would most certainly be better if you didn't have to do that. Whether that's by changing the HP system or by simply removing it altogether. It's baffling to me that this system was never tweaked at all, as if it was THAT rock solid.

Edited by BrightBow