Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously though, Hanneman's the one that really makes me angry at Three Houses. Why couldn't he exist in a game that I actually enjoy? His design is awesome, his character is cool, he's a fun unit without being a forgettably broken growth unit like all the rest... Goddamnit.

> me with Mozu in Fates

But yeah, I like Hanneman's character. I tend to rarely, if ever, recruit people from different houses, but I tend to make an exception for the Church people like Hanneman. So far, he has not let me down once.
He's destined to do a pretty good job as a Magic Bow-wielding Dark Knight, once I get him there. And I'll try having him kill the final boss, promise!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck!

Thanks! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

> me with Mozu in Fates

You mean girl I benched for Haitaka both times?

Whoops

But yeah, I like Hanneman's character. I tend to rarely, if ever, recruit people from different houses, but I tend to make an exception for the Church people like Hanneman. So far, he has not let me down once.
He's destined to do a pretty good job as a Magic Bow-wielding Dark Knight, once I get him there.

I'm glad you like him as well! Magic bowman seems to be a good fit for him, from what I've seen.

And I'll try having him kill the final boss, promise!

That'd be absolutely epic. Please do it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You mean girl I benched for Haitaka both times?

Whoops

No worries!
But yeah, she's one of the very few characters in that game I don't want to strangulate every time they show up.

I wouldn't dislike Fates so much if over half of the characters and pretty much all the characters that the story focuses on weren't so obnoxious to me. I do think Birthright is actually fun, gameplay-wise, and the story is just your bog-standard FE. It's just the characters that drag it down for me to the point where I can't stand playing it.
I think I already talked to Shrimpy about this a while ago, but I believe that if Conquest had more characters that appealed to me, I wouldn't have hated playing it quite so much as I did. Granted, I still would have gotten frustrated at every map past chapter 17, and it probably wouldn't have become my favorite FE anytime soon, but it probably wouldn't have been to such a degree that made me almost go "I never want to play Fire Emblem again".

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm glad you like him as well! Magic bowman seems to be a good fit for him, from what I've seen.

Yup, that I do!
My current run is a for fun run, where I just play around with different stuff. Hanneman with bows was one of those. I had the materials to forge a Magic Bow, one of Hanneman's strengths is bows, so I figured why the heck not?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That'd be absolutely epic. Please do it.

Of course!

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No worries!
But yeah, she's one of the very few characters in that game I don't want to strangulate every time they show up.

I wouldn't dislike Fates so much if over half of the characters and pretty much all the characters that the story focuses on weren't so obnoxious to me. I do think Birthright is actually fun, gameplay-wise, and the story is just your bog-standard FE. It's just the characters that drag it down for me to the point where I can't stand playing it.
I think I already talked to Shrimpy about this a while ago, but I believe that if Conquest had more characters that appealed to me, I wouldn't have hated playing it quite so much as I did. Granted, I still would have gotten frustrated at every map past chapter 17, and it probably wouldn't have become my favorite FE anytime soon, but it probably wouldn't have been to such a degree that made me almost go "I never want to play Fire Emblem again".

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I probably would've reacted similarly if I went in with the same expectations as I did with Three Houses. Instead, I fully expected the story and the characters to be mostly awful, and since I don't really care about those and the gameplay was the kind that I personally enjoy, I was satisfied.

...Plus, I'll admit, I've grown rather fond of Fates's characters after my two playthroughs. They're not what I'd call high art, but for as much as I like to talk a big game, it really doesn't take much for me to like a character, honestly.

Yup, that I do!
My current run is a for fun run, where I just play around with different stuff. Hanneman with bows was one of those. I had the materials to forge a Magic Bow, one of Hanneman's strengths is bows, so I figured why the heck not?

Coward, brawler Hanneman is the way

Edited by Saint Rubenio

109982.jpg?s=9084fc11a8ef030add570fc9362

From what i am seeing, she's gonna become Girl Ephraim isn't she?

I mean conquering a country with a band of Thiefs on her way to retake her country has a pretty Ephraim ''I don't fight battles i can not win'' feel to it

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As some of you might recall, I've been replaying some Three Houses lately, and I reached the timeskip. More specifically, the cutscene that plays right at the end of chapter 12 on the Blue Lion, Church, and Golden Deer routes.
I made a screenshot to check something, and... remember when I replayed Nights of Azure and made a certain joke? Well.... (spoilers, just in case, for anyone who has not played Three Houses yet):

Reveal hidden contents

WrWyf9o.jpg

HAYxc3d.jpg

And considering a certain someone's backstory on top of that... What else is left to say but Gust did it first?

The resemblance is certainly interesting.

The title describes perfectly what I think about this particular boss fight.

Banger.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Friggin' hell, now I feel like playing this again. xD

It be like that with games we love.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You know what? I think I will! It is my favorite game, after all!
And there is still a challenge run I want to attempt.

Nice.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

but I believe that if Conquest had more characters that appealed to me, I wouldn't have hated playing it quite so much as I did.

This is basically why I have no interest in playing Conquest, good gameplay or not. Characters generally make or break FE games for me. Conquest has almost nothing to offer me there.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Coward, brawler Hanneman is the way

You madlad.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Low-key sorta wish I hadn't made the supports thread, I don't really wanna write out about 20 responses again in a conversation that ain't going anywhere.

Then don't. If someone is utterly irreconcilable, better to not talk at all, than talking past them. Premature grey hairs are the only thing that'll result from doing so.

-Unless, you feel compelled to lay out your case more for any third persons who would be reading your back & forth with the other person. In which case, forget entirely about persuading the wall themselves if they refuse to listen to you, tone down your passion and keep it clear, more as if you are answering a question on a test than another person.

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ohoho.

Ya know, this makes me want to think that if 4 Remake is in the flames of primordial creation, this would allow it to be a more radical remake. Because Japan will already have the original available as part of a package they may already have. Why shell out whatever $60 in Yen is for voice acting, prettier graphics, and few tweaks alone?

Yet, I doubt it. It'll probably be no different from SoV, not taken far enough in gameplay.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn fiction, how dare it rip off real history.

That's a pretty interesting tidbit.

If you're looking to attach specific heads, here is "Edelgard":

Spoiler

dc4fw75-9fa9e728-fc75-4ac4-9521-09fb8d52

And "Dimitri":

Spoiler

474f25d35b2e9ca6a1846a03b7b83606.jpg

And "Claude":

Spoiler

70f469739b11dfef8231fa3d2cd703da.jpg

Although, you might call this guy "Claude" instead. The problem is he died long before he could establish a kingdom of his own, he probably didn't even have the idea of doing so, it was his second son seen above who did.:

a21057dc3b59956ba11c5170fab24967.jpg

As for Silver Snow, well I suppose the leader there is Byleth, and in that case, here is "Byleth":

Spoiler

dbsibxa-de442350-1708-4930-b62a-94a550df

After "Edelgard" and his son die, this guy begins quietly seizing the reigns of power within the kingdom and basically coups it a decade-and-a-half before his grandson officially does. So he does borrow the people of most powerful kingdom, just as Byleth coincidentally inherits the Black Eagles after not siding with Edelgard.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Plus, I'll admit, I've grown rather fond of Fates's characters after my two playthroughs. They're not what I'd call high art, but for as much as I like to talk a big game, it really doesn't take much for me to like a character, honestly.

And sometimes, there are games that you think you shouldn't like for various reasons, going against one's norms of taste, but somehow, you like them anyhow.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Low-key sorta wish I hadn't made the supports thread, I don't really wanna write out about 20 responses again in a conversation that ain't going anywhere.

Hey, I only responded to tell you that Finch is a girl.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hm? 

As someone who did play Okami through to the end, what does the ending of XC2 and Okami have in common? -Or rather someone thinks they have in common? Elysium can't be the Celestial Plain.

To make a long story short, during Okami's finale Chuggaaconroy presented his interpretations of Yami's forms without explaining that they were his interpretations. Naturally people who watched his videos didn't question that the ideas were fact and passed them around accordingly. It went on for so long that Okami Wiki started banning anyone who put the information on Yami's page (though I'm not sure if they still do that). Chugga eventually apologized for not doing his research before putting the ideas in his video.

As for how that that relates to XC2's ending...

Spoiler

You know already that the very very end of the game doesn't voice Pyra/Mythra's final line, leaving it ambiguous what happens after. During his upload of the ending, Chugga added text for an unused line ("Hello, I'm Pyra.") while Pyra is speaking, because he preferred the idea that Pyra and Mythra lost their memories. The episode itself doesn't give any indication that the final line was added by Chugga, so anyone without any background knowledge on the game would take it for granted that Pyra and Mythra canonically lose their memories.

In the following episode, he acknowledges that there is another unused line in the same place ("Hello, Rex.") but says he included the line he did because he "wanted to show what she really said." He presents this alongside actually canon information (the Siren model lore) which makes things even more confusing for people who haven't seen the ending beforehand. The Okami comparison is because people will likely treat this interpretation as the absolute truth as they did with Yami. Skye Bennett (who voiced Pyra and Mythra) avoided this in her own playthrough by establishing that her interpretations shouldn't be taken as canon.

The truth is, if Pyra was "supposed" to say something specific... then the game would've had her say it. Chugga adding his own line just prevents the viewers from coming to their own conclusion about the ending. He also presents "Galea is the Infernal Guldo" as absolute fact, even though that's frequently debated as well (and he said that Alvis is Ontos, but XCDE basically confirmed that)... and he thought Tora was from Mor Ardain for some reason.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

As for how that that relates to XC2's ending...

...What?

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

He also presents "Galea is the Infernal Guldo" as absolute fact, even though that's frequently debated as well

I never thought anything of reunion boss battle inside the dead Torna. What evidence would suggest this?

I'd think Galea wouldn't be "wasted" like that by Monolith. Toss her into a third dimension to be the world of XC3, or even into X2 if they wanted to interlink XCX to XC.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

1 vs Army let's go

she doesn't pick fights she can not win

Is it a good thing that she might resemble Ephraim, or is he cold trash given your dislike for GBA FE? Does flipping Ephraim's gender suddenly turn him from bad to good?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it a good thing that she might resemble Ephraim, or is he cold trash given your dislike for GBA FE? Does flipping Ephraim's gender suddenly turn him from bad to good?

Out of the GBA FE i actually like FE8 the most and tolerate it xD

I don't mind Ephraim either, even tho he is a bit one note-ish.

My dislike is honestly more for the Elibe games.

Edited by Shrimperor

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...What?

I'm not sure if your 'what' is in response to what Chugga did, or if you just have no idea what I'm talking about. In any case, it's about Chugga treating his ideas as facts for both games, not that I'm comparing Okami and XC2's endings.

Spoiler

I never thought anything of reunion boss battle inside the dead Torna. What evidence would suggest this?

The Infernal Guldo drops Galea's ID after fighting it, but I'm of the opinion that the IG isn't Galea and it's just a case of reusing assets.

I'd think Galea wouldn't be "wasted" like that by Monolith. Toss her into a third dimension to be the world of XC3, or even into X2 if they wanted to interlink XCX to XC.

Eh, including another form of Galea in a future game would basically be reusing XC2's Architect twist, which would be unoriginal. I expect future games to relate to the experiment in some way, with it acting as the connecting thread between otherwise unrelated games.

Edited by Lightchao42

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes! Yes! There is someone here with something that slightly resembles taste!

b0WxUMM.jpg

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously though, Hanneman's the one that really makes me angry at Three Houses. Why couldn't he exist in a game that I actually enjoy? His design is awesome, his character is cool, he's a fun unit without being a forgettably broken growth unit like all the rest... Goddamnit.

Ruben calling part of Three Houses fun?

Interesting.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is basically why I have no interest in playing Conquest, good gameplay or not. Characters generally make or break FE games for me. Conquest has almost nothing to offer me there.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

You madlad.

Grappler/War Master Hanneman is unironically good. Aura knuckles go brrr.

How can anyone be so based?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Grappler/War Master Hanneman is unironically good. Aura knuckles go brrr.

Yeah, music isn't enough either.

Oh, interesting. I've never given Hanneman the time of day, so...yeah.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben calling part of Three Houses fun?

Interesting.

Don't patronize me, I've praised Hanneman in the past as well. He and a handful of other characters are like, the only good part of Three Houses.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, interesting. I've never given Hanneman the time of day, so...yeah.

I cannot believe I am surrounded by such utterly tasteless people.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't patronize me, I've praised Hanneman in the past as well. He and a handful of other characters are like, the only good part of Three Houses.

Well you said fun unit, like aspect of the gameplay that doesn’t make you want to burn IS to the ground.

Who else is that handful, though?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well you said fun unit, like aspect of the gameplay that doesn’t make you want to burn IS to the ground.

Ah, that's true. I mean, I do find him fun. His spell list is quite interesting from the get go, his statline is not just a boring "growth unit that is good at everything" like most of the students, and his design is awesome. Shut up that counts for gameplay, the monocle allows him to instantly cap the hidden "dapper" stat.

Who else is that handful, though?

Ignatz because I absolutely love his war design, Leonie,

...Uhhhhhhhhh...

Yeah, that's basically it. That's everything good you'll get me to say about Three Houses.

You know, the upside of a remake is that, no matter which game they pick, it guarantees the next FE won't be Three Houses 2.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ignatz because I absolutely love his war design

Based.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, the upside of a remake is that, no matter which game they pick, it guarantees the next FE won't be Three Houses 2.

Especially if it’s fe6.

Fe6 loves its prepromotes.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Based.

I mean, the man rocks that cape like nobody else!

Especially if it’s fe6.

Fe6 loves its prepromotes.

Hahahah... What a random thing to say lol. Is that supposed to be a selling point for me? The prepromotes, of all things? I like growth units too, I am not so elitist that I'd use prepromotes the whole game--

MNA0z5X.png

...Okay, fine, but that was just a one time thing--

yzf7t33.png

Oh, forget it...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah... What a random thing to say lol. Is that supposed to be a selling point for me? The prepromotes, of all things? I like growth units too, I am not so elitist that I'd use prepromotes the whole game--

MNA0z5X.png

...Okay, fine, but that was just a one time thing--

yzf7t33.png

Oh, forget it...

I mean, Three Houses kind of lacks prepromotes. I mean they’re sort of there, but they all rely on growths. So I feel like prepromotes are indicative of a different structure.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Inb4 Almyra 887 is FE17

The fanbase would rejoice.

I would jump ship and grace some other forum out there with my rants.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, Three Houses kind of lacks prepromotes. I mean they’re sort of there, but they all rely on growths. So I feel like prepromotes are indicative of a different structure.

Three houses needed more recruits, period. It's why ironmanning the game is not viable. Replacing units is extremely hard once you're out of the school phase, because almost everyone relies on growths and the game has like, 1 or 2 units per route that join late. And they're all physical fighters. If you lose the team healer later on, you basically have to reset, because otherwise you'll be shit outta luck. But, hey, less characters means better supports and shit, and story is the most important part of Fire Emblem, so it's a fair sacrifice, amirite?

...Damnit-- Sooks! Why did you have to set me off!?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Every time I see the name "Hanneman" come up, I think "Hanuman". The nearly invincible monkey god of Hinduism, devoted companion of Vishnu's avatara Rama (to the point he rips open his chest, and his heart is an image of Rama), and a possible inspiration for Sun Wukong of Journey to the West cultural fame.

58 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure if your 'what' is in response to what Chugga did, or if you just have no idea what I'm talking about. In any case, it's about Chugga treating his ideas as facts for both games, not that I'm comparing Okami and XC2's endings.

The "What?" was something to post outside of a spoilers box. It was my reaction more to the Infernal point, since I had never considered that before. That is all, I understood the rest.