Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Time to start for real.

I never actually got to playing PxZ, I only played the 2nd one. Lemme know when you come up to Yuri Lowell, please!

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Not that it has any relevance, but may I ask why it bothers you?

Don't dwell much on it. Just one of those days...

Beat Conquest Chapter 25, this time the correct way. Inevitable End is still bullshit and unfair, but Xander is king. At one point he had a -13 defense debuff and still managed to tank hits, lmao.

Now I need to think how to tackle Chapter 26.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shouldn't you start with EF to get to know Haken and Kaguya first?

Good luck and hope you enjoy it anyhow.

By that logic, better start with Namco Super Wars.

Well, even with the story portion of the P5 collab done, there's still much left to be done. Mostly related to Mementos, but apparently the Velvet Room assistant duo of P5 show up as bonus bosses as well.

Not gonna tackle all that yet, though.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Lemme know when you come up to Yuri Lowell, please!

Idk when he joins but ok.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shouldn't you start with EF to get to know Haken and Kaguya first?

I actually was going to originally but then i remembered that i'd say i'd go in release order unless it was a series. It's why i did Eternal Wings -> Origins instead of Eternal Wings -> NxC -> Origins.

And as the PxZ games are technically a continuation of NxC, well there you go.

After PxZ games are done, i plan to do the EF games -> Soma Bringer.

I'm not even gonna bother with Disaster: Day of Crisis. I know Monolith Soft made it but man, it just feels so......out of place compared to the rest of their library. And not in a good way.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually was going to originally but then i remembered that i'd say i'd go in release order unless it was a series. It's why i did Eternal Wings -> Origins instead of Eternal Wings -> NxC -> Origins.

And as the PxZ games are technically a continuation of NxC, well there you go.

After PxZ games are done, i plan to do the EF games -> Soma Bringer.

I see. Well then, I hope there isn't any feeling of bothersome regression stepping back from PXZ to EF when that happens, since, although they lost the SRPG grid, they are in some ways a bridge or less generously a side experiment between NXC and PXZ. And the visuals and audio will it need not be said take a hit too.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I see. Well then, I hope there isn't any feeling of bothersome regression stepping back from PXZ to EF when that happens, since, although they lost the SRPG grid, they are in some ways a bridge or less generously a side experiment between NXC and PXZ. And the visuals and audio will it need not be said take a hit too.

Yeah although i doubt the feeling of regression would be significant to warrant concern imo.

When playing old games, i try to play with the mindset of that time. If i played EF when it came out, how would i feel?

I totally overslept today, oops.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@Zan Partizanne curious, what mode did you select for KH III? 

normal mode, left picture twice

In Project X Zone 1 the Tales of Vesperia characters appear

Spoiler

in chapter 12.

Spoiler

In Project X Zone 2 they appear in a tutorial map alongside with the Fire Emblem characters, but in main game they join later (idk when anymore).

Screenshot_3203.png

Shining Force dude. Literally what the actual fuck is that sword? 

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, that's pretty much what happens in his games quite often.

I actually wasn't aware of that.

All i know about Ghosts n Goblins is that the original game is very punishing.

Just now, Armagon said:

I actually wasn't aware of that.

All i know about Ghosts n Goblins is that the original game is very punishing.

It's kinda like the main game mechanic of Ghost n Goblins and... well, the entire series. Arthur wears armor... but one hit from the enemies and he's now in his underwear. Next hit is fatal... until he finds more armor to put on, giving him the extra hitpoint again. Depending on the game, there are different types of armor with different effects. Mostly just making his weapons stronger, not like, more hits before the armor breaks or anything like that.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's kinda like the main game mechanic of Ghost n Goblins and... well, the entire series. Arthur wears armor... but one hit from the enemies and he's now in his underwear. Next hit is fatal... until he finds more armor to put on, giving him the extra hitpoint again. Depending on the game, there are different types of armor with different effects. Mostly just making his weapons stronger, not like, more hits before the armor breaks or anything like that.

Ah so it's just Mario rules.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What kind of a question is that, Mr. Xenoblade Fan?

I mean, this one does look a bit more like an ornament and could break on contact. At least the Xenoswords look like they'd hurt to be hit over the head with by weight alone.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

I really didn't need to see Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins in underwear.

It''s nothing anyone who's ever played his series hasn't seen. When I beat Super Ghouls n Ghosts the other week it was in underwear. I mean in game, not reality. Though to my understanding in Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection which released earlier this year, on lower difficulties the armor comes off in chunks to give you more hits. On the Legendary difficulty, it's still the classic "You get hit you're in boxers" experience everyone remembers. Makes you wonder if it's the various demons having an anti-metal property, or Arthur just getting gypped by his armorer.
That said... given how broken Firebrand is in his subseries (Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest) I have to think it might just be pure strength.