• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've said it before but the thing about gachas is that they are fundamentally held back by being a gacha. Even the good parts of it would be better off in a full-fledged something.

And that's what makes me want a game based off FEH.

• no missing/dodgetanking
  • balances mount/flier movement
  • no random procs/random crits
  • no stat variation (well, mostly)

A FE with these mechanics would be great.

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They don't dismiss aslong as people don't say good things about F/Z with the intention to shit on F/SN

Which is 90% of the time F/Z fans try to post.

There's a difference between dismissing and just comparing the two works. Even saying that you like both, but prefers Zero and/or thinks Zero did X better provokes a negative reaction.

There's also the fact that it made Fate all about servants and Grails, which many people, including me, hate.

It's no longer about Concepts, ideals or wishes, it's about Servantmons and getting people to gacha.

FGO is not only about it, but yeah, servants and grails plays a big part. Honestly, this is probably the main draw for me, as I got into Fate because I wanted to see Nasu's take on every myth and legend (Tsukihime and KnK have more interesting concepts imo), but fair enough.

From the newly released stuff, only Redline is looking promising, and from the old but still running stiff Prisma Illya and Strange Fake reign supreme.

Redline is about Koha-Ace, obviously it's good — everything involving Kohaku is good.

Edited by Maof06

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy: local math genius!

I wouldn't call myself a genius, especially not compared to my friends lol

But compared to everything else i have learned in my life....

Math is the most logical thing

I was fine in most classes.

Math? Nope.

I never saw the lines of thought my teachers were trying to establish. Didn't help that my HS math teachers taught the class as if we already knew it ourselves.

At least I could be happy with the fact that I did well in English and History.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

And that's what makes me want a game based off FEH.

Me too but less because of the gameplay and more of FEH is introducing too much cool shit in it's plot (the actual plot is garbo but the concepts are cool) to be wasted on a gacha game.

Book 6 is gonna take place in space or some shit.

Just now, Armagon said:

Me too but less because of the gameplay and more of FEH is introducing too much cool shit in it's plot (the actual plot is garbo but the concepts are cool) to be wasted on a gacha game.

Book 6 is gonna take place in space or some shit.

Asgard confirmed to be in space/heaven.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Even saying that you like both, but prefers Zero and/or thinks Zero did X better provokes a negative reaction.

Considering i did say myself a couple days ago how Zero did some stuff better (like Gilgamesh) and didn't get a negative reaction, i can't confrim this.

Negative reaction only happens when anime onlies come and shit on F/SN while praising Zero to heavens with a holier than thou altitude.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Asgard confirmed to be in space/heaven.

Yggdra Union D ending x FE confirmed?

Ah, Math... almost always got top scores there throughout my academic life...

High five

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yggdra Union D ending x FE confirmed?

If FEH ever did collaboration events... I could totally see it, hahaha. Too bad even if so Yggdra Union wouldn't be first on the list, sadly.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I liked the Líf/Thrasir thing in Book 3. Wish a mainline game used this.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Considering i did say myself a couple days ago how Zero did some stuff better (like Gilgamesh) and didn't get a negative reaction, i can't confrim this.

Negative reaction only happens when anime onlies come and shit on F/SN while praising Zero to heavens with a holier than thou altitude.

So I must be fucking unlucky, because all I've gotten recently is being called edgy, anime-only or speedreader. I miss the time I joined the fanbase, when Ufotable hadn't adapted UBW yet and Saber was the most popular heroine.

9 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

So I must be fucking unlucky, because all I've gotten recently is being called edgy, anime-only or speedreader.

...maybe you wrote like one? idk but r/fsn is now usually pretty chill

Edited by Shrimperor

The obvious solution is to make your game a gacha and a good game that doesn't exist to steal your soul.

(This post was brought to you by the Xenoblade gang.)

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...maybe you wrote like one?

Idk, man. Normally, when I write something in english, I try to be as objectively as possible, so more often than not my comments are blunt and/or dry. Maybe they thought I was being disrespectful, but at very least I don't saying things like "I like both, but I think Zero is the superior work" should warrant hate.

37 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

(This post was brought to you by the Xenoblade gang.)

Xenoblade is a gacha!?

Edited by Maof06

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Xenoblade is a gacha!?

Well yes, but actually no. Xenoblade 2 has a gacha system, but you can't spend any actual money on it. There's a DLC expansion pass which gives more summoning "currency", but it's a singe purchase and mostly for other, non-gacha content. Since you can't spend any money on the gacha itself, you can eventually summon every character if you're dedicated (and/or lucky) enough.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Xenoblade is a gacha!?

Xenoblade 2 is a full-fledged game with gacha-lite mechanics. The Blades you get outside of the story come from this gacha and unlike real gachas, all the unique characters really are unique. You don't get duplicates of those. The gacha-lite mechanics also makes sense in-universe.

Oh and of course, no real money is spent after you buy the game (not counting the DLC).

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well yes, but actually no. Xenoblade 2 has a gacha system, but you can't spend any actual money on it. There's a DLC expansion pass which gives more summoning "currency", but it's a singe purchase and mostly for other, non-gacha content. Since you can't spend any money on the gacha itself, you can eventually summon every character if you're dedicated (and/or lucky) enough.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 2 is a full-fledged game with gacha-lite mechanics. The Blades you get outside of the story come from this gacha and unlike real gachas, all the unique characters really are unique. You don't get duplicates of those. The gacha-lite mechanics also makes sense in-universe.

Oh and of course, no real money is spent after you buy the game (not counting the DLC).

Is the first one like that too?

Now that I remember, I haven't posted my Conquest review yet...

If spending money on XC2 were a possibility, I'd be broke! Xd

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I wouldn't call myself a genius, especially not compared to my friends lol

But compared to everything else i have learned in my life....

Math is the most logical thing

Dont be modest! Me on the other hand, my end year Algerbra grade was an F! A mesely 2%! Impressive, I know. Xd

Okay, the arc final boss has an interesting gimmick. Across the dungeon are minibosses where defeating them weakens the final boss each, as they individually use what the final boss would throw at you if you don't fight them. There's an achievement for beating the true form of the boss... but well, not ready for that, heh. On that subject, the boss is refight able, so I don't have to worry on missing out the chance to do the real challenge if I beat its weakened form during the story.

Edited by Acacia Sgt