Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio

Hide contents

I know you already know this, but I have to convince Eyvind. I don’t like these options about us waiting at Sigrholm, though, so I have a bad feeling.

Save the world or doom them all. It's all up to you.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Save the world or doom them all. It's all up to you.

Spoiler

zIvajZK.jpg
Here it is. Moment of truth, I have to pick something here.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck.

I made a pros and cons list. The middle one is definitely out, and the bottom one has more cons than the top one, but I still feel like the bottom one might have a higher chance of working…

Just now, Sooks said:

I made a pros and cons list. The middle one is definitely out, and the bottom one has more cons than the top one, but I still feel like the bottom one might have a higher chance of working…

I ain't saying nothin'. You gotta make a decision and then see what happens.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I ain't saying nothin'. You gotta make a decision and then see what happens.

Oh, I definitely don’t want you to say anything! I was just telling you my thought process, it might add to your mustache twirling or something.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh, I definitely don’t want you to say anything! I was just telling you my thought process, it might add to your mustache twirling or something.

Oh it definitely is. I can just feel the uncertainty in your words. It's great. Reminds me of my own first experience with this.

YES!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I DID IT!! I GOT THE GOOD ENDING!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!

@Saint Rubenio now spill the beans (on the choices I didn’t pick (the top one and the middle one, if that wasn’t obvious)

Spoiler

That scene at the end with Rook, Alette and Aldis kind of made Rook’s death worth it. Although I hope things aren’t too awkward with Aldis if this is the kind of afterlife where you can see what’s going on in the world, better hope she wasn’t watching Rook and Oddleif too closely.

And she’s pregnant? Dang, now I feel bad for that kid, and Oddleif whenever she gets to wherever Rook’s family just was.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

YES!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I DID IT!! I GOT THE GOOD ENDING!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!

@Saint Rubenio now spill the beans (on the choices I didn’t pick (the top one and the middle one, if that wasn’t obvious)

Spoiler

Top one would've had Eyvind make a deal with the serpent. It would've destroyed half the world, but spared the other half, including Arberrang. It... actually works, but I mean, the serpent's still around. Kinda iffy to trust its word to the insane wizard that will die at some point and leave the world completely defenseless from it.

Middle one would've had Alfrun attempt to perform the ritual. She would've succeeded, sealing Juno as Eyvind did, destroying the serpent and saving the world... but her lower power and expertise would've caused her to lose control and blow up the tower, killing the entire group, including herself and Iver.

If you had failed to convince Eyvind, he would've lost his shit and just... murdered everyone. Yeah. He just straight up lightnings everybody, including Juno, and the world is consumed by the darkness. Oof.

But by far the worst ending is what happens if you lose the Bolverk fight (meaning Alfrun dies) and then for some reason decide to kill Eyvind. With nobody to finish the ritual, the darkness consumes the world, but Juno is still immortal, so she is doomed to wander a destroyed world for all eternity. That's the achievement you saw that you thought were spoilers. They could've been, had you fucked up massively.

Hide contents

That scene at the end with Rook, Alette and Aldis kind of made Rook’s death worth it. Although I hope things aren’t too awkward with Aldis if this is the kind of afterlife where you can see what’s going on in the world, better hope she wasn’t watching Rook and Oddleif too closely.

Spoiler

"Rook, explain yourself."

"Aldis, listen, I-I just... after I lost Alette, I had no reason to go on... She was so comforting, I couldn't--"

"Why didn't you go for her sooner? It would've been such a shame if your blood had died with you..."

"......"

Honestly though, that scene is amazing. It makes Rook and Alette's deaths feel bittersweet. Surprisingly heartwarming for a game so bleak... even if the context is that they're all dead.

Spoiler

And she’s pregnant? Dang, now I feel bad for that kid, and Oddleif whenever she gets to wherever Rook’s family just was.

Spoiler

In tbs1, Oddleif remarks that the reason she gives the banner of Skogr to Rook is that it will be safe with him and Alette, whereas Oddleif herself never had children, so it'd die with her.

In the end, she ends up having a child with Rook and carrying on the banner herself.

Such a tragic irony in that.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi: ''no original enemy or mario character variant''

Ubisoft:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that was only ever said about Paper Mario.

Mostly because Nintendo are obviously trying to kill the series. For some reason.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mostly because Nintendo are obviously trying to kill the series. For some reason.

Honestly, Origami King was pretty good

the lack of diversity was pretty damn annoying tho

Fs for the fallen:

Spoiler

Gunnulf

Egil

Alette

Griss

Folka

Rook

Bak

Deirdru

Krumr

Final Death count is 9, unless I’m missing someone, which I kinda feel like I am.

But if that’s right (and the back of the case for the physical Banner Saga trilogy is right on the amount of playable characters) I only got just under a fifth of the cast killed! Just under. 81.25% of characters survived, which is pretty good I think.

That trilogy was fantastic. If anyone reading this is in the mood for an SRPG with wonderful characters, fun gameplay, a good story and a fantastic art style, Banner Saga is waiting for you.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Top one would've had Eyvind make a deal with the serpent. It would've destroyed half the world, but spared the other half, including Arberrang. It... actually works, but I mean, the serpent's still around. Kinda iffy to trust its word to the insane wizard that will die at some point and leave the world completely defenseless from it.

Middle one would've had Alfrun attempt to perform the ritual. She would've succeeded, sealing Juno as Eyvind did, destroying the serpent and saving the world... but her lower power and expertise would've caused her to lose control and blow up the tower, killing the entire group, including herself and Iver.

If you had failed to convince Eyvind, he would've lost his shit and just... murdered everyone. Yeah. He just straight up lightnings everybody, including Juno, and the world is consumed by the darkness. Oof.

But by far the worst ending is what happens if you lose the Bolverk fight (meaning Alfrun dies) and then for some reason decide to kill Eyvind. With nobody to finish the ritual, the darkness consumes the world, but Juno is still immortal, so she is doomed to wander a destroyed world for all eternity. That's the achievement you saw that you thought were spoilers. They could've been, had you fucked up massively.

Spoiler

That all makes sense. That worst ending really sucks, although it might feel worse to have killed Eyvind and been like “well, someone had to die, but ultimately the deed was done—“ and then have everyone die.

But what do you mean by failed to convince Eyvind? Like, if you give all responses he doesn’t like at the end of his talk will he just… do it? Or do you have to pick the Juno didn’t want this option after having failed to convince him?

You can still convince him without having taken the baby and saving the witch right? Just curious. I was less surprised at him bringing up the baby as I would have been if  it hadn’t been important already, but I definitely wasn’t expecting the witch. I told him the baby still lived, which he gave a lukewarm response to, so I doubled down on the “but we saved them” options with the witch. Looks like it was good not to listen to Yrsa after all. 

And of course, what ending did you get, Ruben?

Hide contents

"Rook, explain yourself."

"Aldis, listen, I-I just... after I lost Alette, I had no reason to go on... She was so comforting, I couldn't--"

"Why didn't you go for her sooner? It would've been such a shame if your blood had died with you..."

"......"

Honestly though, that scene is amazing. It makes Rook and Alette's deaths feel bittersweet. Surprisingly heartwarming for a game so bleak... even if the context is that they're all dead.

It was an amazing scene. It really fit though, because it was the end.

Hide contents

In tbs1, Oddleif remarks that the reason she gives the banner of Skogr to Rook is that it will be safe with him and Alette, whereas Oddleif herself never had children, so it'd die with her.

In the end, she ends up having a child with Rook and carrying on the banner herself.

Such a tragic irony in that.

I didn’t even think about that, that really is tragically ironic, especially considering 

Spoiler

that the kid Rook had, why Oddleif gave Rook the banner in the first place, died.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fs for the fallen:

Hide contents

Gunnulf

Egil

Alette

Griss

Folka

Rook

Bak

Deirdru

Krumr

Final Death count is 9, unless I’m missing someone, which I kinda feel like I am.

R.I.P. everyone. Your deaths weren't in vain after all.

Spoiler

...Well, Gunnulf kinda died before everything really started to go to shit, because Sooks wanted money. But, details.

That trilogy was fantastic. If anyone reading this is in the mood for an SRPG with wonderful characters, fun gameplay, a good story and a fantastic art style, Banner Saga is waiting for you.

Nothing to add. You said it.

Hide contents

But what do you mean by failed to convince Eyvind? Like, if you give all responses he doesn’t like at the end of his talk will he just… do it? Or do you have to pick the Juno didn’t want this option after having failed to convince him?

Spoiler

If you did things like not wait even a single day for Juno at Sigrholm, leave behind the baby, kill/abandon the dredge slinger in the darkness, give him the wrong answers to questions, etc. the man will become increasingly angry, and the text right before you're given the three choices reflects that. If you try "this isn't what Juno wanted" at this point, he flips out at your insolence, becomes furious and starts to throw lightning at everything around him, killing... literally the entire world in the process.

Spoiler

You can still convince him without having taken the baby and saving the witch right? Just curious. I was less surprised at him bringing up the baby as I would have been if  it hadn’t been important already, but I definitely wasn’t expecting the witch. I told him the baby still lived, which he gave a lukewarm response to, so I doubled down on the “but we saved them” options with the witch. Looks like it was good not to listen to Yrsa after all. 

Spoiler

You need to get a set amount of... let's call them "convince points" for the good ending to be attainable. If the baby was left behind, it is impossible to get a point from that. If the witch wasn't saved, it's still possible to get a point if you tell him the right amount of days that she had been tied to that tree for. Shows that you cared enough to remember, at least.

...Which I didn't. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I got exactly enough points to save the world from saving the slag slinger, waiting for Juno and giving him one right answer to something else. One really cool detail is that, just as the text reflects when Eyvind is mad (too little points) or convinced (a ton of points), it also reflects when you've got just enough points that he can be persuaded. The text describes him as doubtful, no longer sure about what he's doing, but still not certain he wants to stop. In that case, it feels like it could go either way, which makes the choice even more intense. Thankfully, tugging at his heartstrings with the Juno line worked for me.

And of course, what ending did you get, Ruben?

Spoiler

The good ending, just barely. Phew!

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

CK2: Business as usual.

With this pairing, Ares' heir will inherit a weak claim on Velthomer.

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So those tags you posted earlier were for fe4, huh?

It could have been so much worse...

https://i.imgur.com/eW11FAS.png

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So those tags you posted earlier were for fe4, huh?

FE4 has no drugs, 4th wall breaks and most certainly not "a lot of references". Also no yuri, sadly. It also takes itself mostly pretty seriously, so the "gag manga" tag seems really farfetched.

Also no Polygamy. Even counting the Thracia retcon, Beowulf was already dead as a doornail when Lachesis got together with Finn. And that Fergus theory is really stretching it.

So the only tags that could be correct are "harem", "incest" and "pedophiles".

Edited by BrightBow

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

R.I.P. everyone. Your deaths weren't in vain after all.

Hide contents

...Well, Gunnulf kinda died before everything really started to go to shit, because Sooks wanted money. But, details.

Spoiler

Actually, Gunnulf died for Tryggvi, the people I saved when crossing the canyon in the second game, the people I saved with the barrels at the fight in the second game, really anyone who died because I learned not to be greedy the hard way. Gunnulf did a great thing for the party. The character who really died for no reason was Folka.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

If you did things like not wait even a single day for Juno at Sigrholm, leave behind the baby, kill/abandon the dredge slinger in the darkness, give him the wrong answers to questions, etc. the man will become increasingly angry, and the text right before you're given the three choices reflects that. If you try "this isn't what Juno wanted" at this point, he flips out at your insolence, becomes furious and starts to throw lightning at everything around him, killing... literally the entire world in the process.

Hide contents

You need to get a set amount of... let's call them "convince points" for the good ending to be attainable. If the baby was left behind, it is impossible to get a point from that. If the witch wasn't saved, it's still possible to get a point if you tell him the right amount of days that she had been tied to that tree for. Shows that you cared enough to remember, at least.

...Which I didn't. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I got exactly enough points to save the world from saving the slag slinger, waiting for Juno and giving him one right answer to something else. One really cool detail is that, just as the text reflects when Eyvind is mad (too little points) or convinced (a ton of points), it also reflects when you've got just enough points that he can be persuaded. The text describes him as doubtful, no longer sure about what he's doing, but still not certain he wants to stop. In that case, it feels like it could go either way, which makes the choice even more intense. Thankfully, tugging at his heartstrings with the Juno line worked for me.

Spoiler

Ohhh! I completely forgot you could choose to wait for Juno at Sigrholm. I was confused when Eyvind brought that up because he made it sound like I didn’t wait at all and the first option was “but we did wait”. I’m guessing I did since that was there, but I honestly don’t temper what I chose there, it feels like an eternity I go.

Yeah, I guess I had quite a few “convince points” from saving the baby, saving the witch, saving the stoneslinger and apparently waiting at Sigrholm. I also got rid of all my supplies at the beginning of the second game so he wouldn’t die, but maybe a side effect of literally conjuring a land bridge is amnesia.

See my main conflict was what the text in my game said, something like “Eyvind looks like he’s convinced” or something like that, because that made me think I was just supposed to trust him and the Juno line would be overboard, and could either make the serpent so tired of being ignored that it would attack, or make him go “You we’re doing this for the world, not Juno!!!1!!!!11!!1!” or something. Luckily I decided to go for it instead of trusting him.

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

https://i.imgur.com/eW11FAS.png

Do I want to know what guro is?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

They seriously made an Avatar game.

As in, James Cameron Avatar.

What the fuck?

I do remember some of the hype around that movie when it released. "Cameron is incredible, Mr. Titanic at it again!", it sounded transcendent, plans were being drafted for sequels.

But after it done at the box office and then released for home ...what was it about again? Blue people and... that's it? Why were we crazy for it? -So was the gist of what a comedian said years later.

I never saw it myself.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that was only ever said about Paper Mario.

There were a few instances of genericization in in the 3DS updates of Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. Which I could see as being grounds for concern.

Paper Jam also had issues, but that could have been solely because of the PM half of the equation, hard to say.