• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, that's a coincidence. Fee is Oifey's only possible lover that he actually shares a scene with after they reach lover status. But she isn't actually in any way favored by the system itself. Oifey has the same base and growth with Fee then all the other girls. Except a slightly higher growth for Tinny, since she joins later.

Though despite the label, it's still framed as her merely crushing on him while Oifey still sees her firmly as the daughter of an old friend.

Come to think of it, I don't actually know how Oifey is handled in the epilogue.

Edited by BrightBow

At last, the real reason to play Another Eden:

4reP7G1.png

ZfzLbhS.png

Playing as the cats!

Well...

Spoiler

At this point it's already been revealed Aldo used to be a cat, so technically this is nothing new, but details, details...

This is actually a quite well-developed part of the game. Playing as Varuo, you can travel almost every place of this time period. Despite cats in this game time traveling willy-nilly, we can't do this while playing as the cats. At least, not as free as the lore of the game says cats can do.

Still, one of the things that can be done is gathering materials to craft stuff, like in the main game. And pick up stuff to gifts to the cats scattered about, to trade for materials. To craft stuff like accessories you can actually equip to your on-field cat.

J3YNidK.png

The perfect disguise.

Varuo and Langelo might clash often and be involved in a love triangle, but when a cat in their turf is being bullied by a gang, they will join forces...

0j4ZQOh.png

... though they might need some help.

This part of the game also has sidequests... and this is legit gonna involve a cat turf war...

I'm having the time of my life with this game right now! lol

Cats can time travel as they please in this game...

jtXfCx8.png

And it extends to the robot cats of the future era, apparently. That's some dedication to go eight-hundred years back in time for this.

After almost 200 hours, I've only just discovered that rescuing civilians in FE4 gives you shit-ton of XP.

Damn.

Yeah, imma have to send in my Switch for repair. The issue isn't like, super serious, it's something that can be fixed pretty cheap and easily at home since it's just a fan issue but I don't trust myself with this sort do thing.

This is the issue in question btw.

It does stop sometimes and then the fan starts working like normal again but still.

Edited by Armagon

Weather forecast for next week doesn't look too hot.

Actually it very does.

Of course it has to happen exactly when I start my civil service course which I will do from my home directly under the roof - oof!

Anyways since I'll be quite busy for the next time, time to say jambuhbye here for now.

14 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't know if anyone's interested in physical, but here's something if you're interested.

Oho! Finally!
With that, IF's three best games are on the Switch! I do have the physical version of the PS4 original already, but this is still good news!

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

RARelKD.png

Cats forming a heavy metal band?
I approve!

---

Also, I decided to utterly hate myself, for some godforsaken reason. As in, I've started a new playthrough of Fates: Conquest, on Hard difficulty. I am on Chapter 13 rght now, and I'm already looking at multiple resets.
Skipping the story and having any and all animations turned off (as well as the music) does help with making things less annoying, but still. I honestly thought after playing other games on harder difficulties and genuinely enjoying myself doing so (like Nights of Azure 2 on Extreme difficulty, if you recall) means I could finally see why people love this so much, but... so far? Not really.
I will say, all those resets were caused by my own errors, but on that note, I think I've finally figured out what my problem with this game is (beyond the characters, story, music (for the most part), and some aspects of the gameplay like enemies having exclusive weapons, no Restore staves to really counter the annoying statuses like being frozen in place, or having your units made basically completely useless by having their already miniscule HP halved, or just Ninjas in general): It is the amount of progress you lose if you make even the tiniest of slip-ups that pisses me off to no end. Maps take so damn long to complete, because of all the crap you have to pay attention to, and having to do everything over again just because you forgot about one tiny smidge of a detail is just tedious and frustrating as hell.
I am a patient individual by nature, but my patience isn't infinite, and usually the amount of patience I have with a game is directly proportional to the amount of fun I have with a game. Which in the case of Conquest is... sadly still close to zero.

Conclusion: Turnwheel/Divine Pulse/DSFE-style mid-chapter saves/FE4 battle saves were a good idea, and Conquest would benefit greatly from having one of these things. It would still take ages to complete even a single map, and it still wouldn't fix all my other problems, but it would make the game a whole lot less frustrating and soul-crushing to play.

So... yeah. I'll probably finish the run, because might as well, but I doubt I will change my mind about Conquest anytime soon.
I also won't be talking about it anymore beyond this point.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

It is the amount of progress you lose if you make even the tiniest of slip-ups that pisses me off to no end. Maps take so damn long to complete, because of all the crap you have to pay attention to, and having to do everything over again just because you forgot about one tiny smidge of a detail is just tedious and frustrating as hell.
I am a patient individual by nature, but my patience isn't infinite, and usually the amount of patience I have with a game is directly proportional to the amount of fun I have with a game. Which in the case of Conquest is... sadly still close to zero.

You know, I actually agree with this, even as much as I enjoy Conquest. Conquest's maps are long and unforgiving, which seems like the game would be geared towards Ironmanning... But at the same time, units are scarce and highly specialized, there's almost no lategame prepromotes and they're all squishy mages, and losing units means losing their children as well; therefore, Conquest is a game with maps that would be well suited for Ironmanning, with a cast that isn't suited for Ironmanning at all. The result is that you don't like resetting maps / play on emulator and use savestates, you're shit outta luck.

I mean, it's the reason I still rate FE12 higher. Both are excellent FEs for me, but FE12 has saves and the cast that I'm the fondest of in the series (that doesn't mean it's the best, but goddamnit I'm so fond of the lot of them), so it wins.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

units are scarce and highly specialized, there's almost no lategame prepromotes

kids

Lategame with offspring seal are pretty damn strong. Not to mention capturing strong generics.

Also the only conquest maps i'd consider long are Takumi's and Iago's, but that's a matter of opinion

Ironmannability: For certain definitions of ironmannability, the sheer number of ways you can screw up in this game can easily be seen as cause to take off serious points. However, that is not, nor has it ever been, the definition I am using. First off, there are fewer ways you can screw up if you aren't playing on Lunatic, and secondly, even on Lunatic, these are still ways you're screwing up. Not the game being an asshole. And that's how I grade the quality of a game for ironmanning: how often deaths in the game are your fault. How often they're the consequences of your actions, actions that a better player than you wouldn't have taken, even when going in blind. And Conquest does so many things right in that regard that it can be easy to take them for granted after being drowned in the Fates games for months upon months. The few flaws I've caught have gotten way more mention from me in my playlog than the successes as a result, and thus I think I've done a disservice at several points in the playlog by not bringing them up more.

While it still had various issues, there isn't a single other game in the series that doesn't also have these issues just as bad if not worse, and the sheer relief of playing a Fire Emblem game that I could actually completely trust to be upfront about the ways it's going to fuck me was a wave of relief that's simply impossible to describe. I lost a shitton of units in this run, but there isn't a single one of those deaths that wasn't either just because the game is hard and I screwed up, or due to an ironmanning flaw that nearly every other game in the series also shares.

+9: Near perfection. You can ironman blind, confident that the game won't fuck you. No ambush spawns, no fog of war, and plentiful means to recover from your mistakes.

Conquest.

an opinion i 100% agree with

Edited by Shrimperor

Just got alerted to this thread and the current topic, so just thought I'd comment:

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and losing units means losing their children as well

Not true, unless it's a map where the child starts neutral and keeping them alive until the end without recruiting them is nearly impossible. As long as you've unlocked the paralogue you can access it even after the father or mother dies.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Conclusion: Turnwheel/Divine Pulse/DSFE-style mid-chapter saves/FE4 battle saves were a good idea, and Conquest would benefit greatly from having one of these things. It would still take ages to complete even a single map, and it still wouldn't fix all my other problems, but it would make the game a whole lot less frustrating and soul-crushing to play.

Save scumming is completely antithetical to everything that is supposed to make Fire Emblem hard, and every game that has ever had them and tried to be hard anyway even while using them has invariably devolved into a trial and error resetfest. A borderline puzzle game with ludicrously tiny margins for error. There's no risk assessment when you can rewind your mistakes, and numerous strategies that would be suicidal or insane suddenly become viable when your rewinding powers detach you from the consequences of your actions, and I think normalizing it as a mandatorily-available feature of every difficulty and game mode, not to mention their insistence on justifying it as a plot element, was the single biggest mistake the franchise ever made. The main reason being that the turnwheel is a transparently obvious excuse for the developers to lower the QA of their map design without anyone who uses it noticing how terrible it's gotten.

Edited by Alastor15243

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kids

Lategame with offspring seal are pretty damn strong. Not to mention capturing strong generics.

Except if you lose fathers you're fucked on the first front (heck, even losing mothers can fuck you, as you have to restart the whole process of support grinding and end up with a less ideal child unit), and if you lose squishy little Niles you're fucked on the second front. You're also not taking into account that some children become hellishly difficult to save when the enemies become stronger, so chances are you'll go to the paralogue for nothing because the kid will die there, and maybe you'll even lose another unit for your trouble.

Look, I love Conquest, but while it isn't as bad for Ironmanning as Three Houses is, it's still pretty bad.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

an opinion i 100% agree with

I would agree if the lategame enemies didn't have anywhere from 3 to 10% crit on every single player unit. I'm sorry, but that's just not cool, especially when by that point getting new units is difficult. Sure, the game tells you they have crit, there's no lies on that front. But then again, what are you supposed to do? Waste a staff use to make it 100% safe to attack an enemy? You can't do that, staves are super important later on. Use Izana? Well, what if Izana dies? You can try to attack enemies from out of range all the time, but at some point, sooner or later, you'll have to risk a crit, and that just sucks.

Also, "plentiful ways to recover from your mistakes"? I'd need more on that particular point, because I don't see it. Later on the only replacement units you'll get are kids from paralogues, which as I said earlier become too difficult after a certain point, and shit like Flora and Izana, who are fine but cannot frontline at all. Not to mention, if you lose important staves alongside your units, you're kinda screwed, because staves are so vital later on. More than they should be for how limited they are, in my opinion. But that's a different topic.

Still, I haven't read through this Alastor guy's logs. Perhaps I'm wrong. Heck, hopefully I'm wrong. But I would hesitate to Ironman Conquest, myself, because to me it just seems like it'd be way too easy for things to go horribly wrong and make it unable for me to progress.

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Not true, unless it's a map where the child starts neutral and keeping them alive until the end without recruiting them is nearly impossible. As long as you've unlocked the paralogue you can access it even after the father or mother dies.

This assumes I've gotten the father to S rank. Which might not have happened. Still, now that you're here, I'd like to hear you elaborate on the point I mentioned two paragraphs earlier.