Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can hardly tell it's nighttime from the amount of thunder. Biggest storm I've seen in a while happening here.

that's what you get for dissing the thunder girls a few days ago

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

port the game already so i can try it and see if it really fits most of the internet going ''trust me it's good''

Vanillaware needs to learn to port. I don't know why they don't.

*Sees they have 29 employees.*

Okay, they don't have the staff to do a proper big porting.

*Checks publishers for their games, in case they own the rights to the IPs.*

Muramasa is Marvelous, the rest of the good stuff is Atlus, which has been subsumed into Sega. We know who to blame. Does this mean a hypothetical PxZ3 could feature a GwendolynxOswald duo unit with Mercedes as a solo and Odin as an enemy under the flag of Sega?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that's what you get for dissing the thunder girls a few days ago

With the speed of these strikes? I'd say it's more likely to be Wendell throwing 'em up there. There's a flash of light every few seconds, FE's thunder girls are all too slow for that.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think it might be time to resubscribe

YES! JOIN THE YAKUZA CULT!

How long is like a dragon? Can i finish it within a week?

...How much side content do you wanna see?

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it's Wendell.

It could be Eyvind, especially if someone in your area didn’t wait at all for Juno.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It could be Eyvind, especially if someone in your area didn’t wait at all for Juno.

If it was Eyvind I'm pretty sure my house and all other houses within a 10 kilometer radius would no longer be standing.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i aim for the 100%

Well...

(Citing this, as well as what I have seen with my eyes)

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=71931

Completion is roughly 100 hours, give or take ten. If you do some of the content alongside the main story, then you'll probably have the main story done in 70, leaving you with just the 30*-ish hours of side stuff left to do.  If you just do the main story, it'll probably be closer to 40, then all the side content. You'll almost certainly encounter side content while playing the game as well, so I would recommend taking your time with this game during the main story, to an extent-IMO Yakuza is at its best when you don't rush it.

*This is mostly due to the postgame true-final dungeon being stupidly hard to beat, the rest of the completion apparently comes quite naturally as you play the game. I have heard that the postgame dungeon requiring lots of grinding is standard for JRPGs, but... Yeah.

By the way, there is a proper postgame to do anything you didn't finish, so don't worry about getting everything during the main story, and there are the two postgame dungeons that are optional.

Also, one last PSA: The game has a really slow start. You liked FC of Trails in the Sky, so this shouldn't put you off too much (I hope), but the gameplay and story take some time to ramp up.

Hope you enjoy it a lot! I haven't played this game, but I really, really loved it.

Edited by Benice

jQ59Z5L.png

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Completion is roughly 100 hours, give or take ten.

Hmmm

Thing is, imma visit my parents soon. I can probably finish a 50 before then, but dunno a 100

on the other hand, i might get a new laptop while visiting them, which should allow me to play games. Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

The game has a really slow start.

shouldn't be a problem.

Hope you enjoy it a lot!

Thanks!

I just gonna see if i shall play now or when i visit my parents or when i return haha.

The Xbox pass announcement made it jump to the top of my list though, so when i see i have alot of time it might be the next ''big'' (as in, ~100 hours) game i pick up

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Thanks!

I just gonna see if i shall play now or when i visit my parents or when i return haha.

Something I can recommend is just doing the main story before, then doing the remaining side content afterwards. Your choice, of course!

Something else you could consider doing is watching a playthrough or summary of previous Yakuza games to catch you up if you don't wanna start LAD early. Most of it isn't relevant, but there are a lot of little nods and easter eggs in this game. This absolutely can be a first Yakuza game, though.

10/10 attack

Fricc, this video spoiled one of the playables.

Some of the attacks in this game are FABULOUS.

Some of the attacks in this game are FABULOUS.

yeah i saw some thanks to youtube recs a couple weeks ago xD

i was like ''i need to play this game sometime''

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yeah i saw some thanks to youtube recs a couple weeks ago xD

i was like ''i need to play this game sometime''

My favorite is Essence of Demonfire Rain. I don't know if I should link it, 'cause I think this game is best enjoyed not knowing all of the little surprises it's got in there.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm wondering why Square devoted 20 minutes to Guardians of the Galaxy...

Square Enix more like Marvel Enix.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My advice is don't.

Too bad.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

@Armagon

whole Thread going ''trust me it's good'' xD

Unfortunately, I probably have to delay me getting a PS4 by at least a month.

But this will be the first game I play, you can count me on that.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then you can come here and tell me if it is so I can continue to not care because Armagon said it's good therefore it cannot be good and also it's anime and I don't like anime unless it's good anime according to my completely arbitrary criteria, seriously I thought those shots of the pilots in the cockpit were cool as fuck, despite the nudity and all, I'm so fucking inconsistent

It's also Kaiju, so it's automatically decent at worst.

What do you mean there are bad Kaiju movies?