• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Capcom's presentation is over, the time has come to use dark sorcery to get the Nintendo announcements we want tomorrow. Hastur come forth!

I may have magicked Sephiroth, Pyra, and Mythra into Smash by listening to music from their games, but now I don't really care who gets added. I'm willing to take suggestions on music to listen to however. I might make a summoning circle using the Xenoblade games I own to try and bring forth a new Xenoblade, but we'll see about that.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...it's that old?!

Did you watch it back in the day?

But yeah, I guess it is.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

he isn't there until like chapter 16, so him being linked with Alvina would make more sense imo xD

But don’t you want to show Ruben mercy and let him be basically guaranteed to keep Ward?

Nah, just kidding.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

he isn't there until like chapter 16, so him being linked with Alvina would make more sense imo xD

Ehhh yeah, probably, but old knight, y'know. That was his class's name in the old Serenes pages before Aethin did his thing, actually. He translated it as veteran knight because, I mean, do I need to spell out why?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Capcom's presentation is over, the time has come to use dark sorcery to get the Nintendo announcements we want tomorrow. Hastur come forth!

I may have magicked Sephiroth, Pyra, and Mythra into Smash by listening to music from their games, but now I don't really care who gets added. I'm willing to take suggestions on music to listen to however. I might make a summoning circle using the Xenoblade games I own to try and bring forth a new Xenoblade, but we'll see about that.

Listen to music from Mother 3 so I can finally, finally get what I want.

Or, music from Touhou so we get what Touhou deserves.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Did you watch it back in the day?

But yeah, I guess it is.

Nah, I think it flew under my radar. I never really watched game theory at all.

But don’t you want to show Ruben mercy and let him be basically guaranteed to keep Ward?

Nah, just kidding.

If we go through with this I'm calling dibs on Conquest. I'm curious to see if it really does hold up in an Ironman, and I get to make Shrimpy replay Berwick too.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If we go through with this I'm calling dibs on Conquest. I'm curious to see if it really does hold up in an Ironman, and I get to make Shrimpy replay Berwick too.

We are so gonna lose if we go through with this hahaha

you sure you don't want to link with your eternal rival first?

Decided to sit outside and do some reading for a change, I took a book on Buddhist art out of the local library when I was in the emotional dumps. I think I can understand why devotional movements historically experienced some spikes in popularity during periods of political and socioeconomic instability. 

More text than I expected, but it is relatively informative. Both in little tidbits and more general details.

• Buddha Vairocana- "Illuminator" is Siddhartha Gautama Buddha's transcendent, unchanging form, contrasted with the historical, temporary Shakyamuni.
    • Unless it's Vajrayana Buddhism, then Siddhartha's transcendent form is Buddha Akshobya.
    • Buddhas are said to have three forms.:
      • Nirmana-kaya: the manifestation in the phenomenal world.
      • Sambhoga-kaya: the manifestation in the Pure Lands and seen by advanced practitioners.
      • Dharmakaya- the ultimate form.
  • The having of multiple forms corresponds to the Buddhist cosmological division of the universe into Three Worlds.:
    • The phenomenal world of desire.
    • The realm of form.
    • The realm of nonform.
  • The arrival of Buddhism in Japan seems to be linked to Buddha Bhaishajyaguru, the "Medicine Buddha". His iconography is some of the first to enter the Japanese record of Buddhism as a whole. The practical medicinal knowledge of Buddhist monks from Korea's Baekje kingdom helped open Japanese hearts to the usefulness of Buddhism. 
  • Nobody can be sure why Buddha was depicted only aniconically in the early Buddhist art. One can only speculate. It is an interesting mystery to ponder.
  • Gautama Buddha's past lives seem a little too idealistic to be believable. Maybe I can buy offering your calve to feed an eagle who you deny the flesh of a dove. But throwing yourself off a cliff so a hungry tiger and her cubs who are too weak to kill you can eat your smashed corpse is inhumanly selfless.
  • Pure Lands, aren't eternal heavens, just a place you get reincarnated into where you can then attain your own enlightenment and transcend existence. -Because life on Earth is too chaotic to properly cultivate your understanding of the dharma.
    • Vairocana usually isn't given a Pure Land, but Amitabha- "Infinite Radiance", and Buddha Akshobya- "Immovable One" both get them. Bodhisattva Maitreya- "Loving Kindness", who shall become the Buddha of the next world era, gets the Tushita Heaven as his Pure Land.
  • Theravada Buddhism has roots going back to the last century BC, but wasn't formally established as the Buddhism of Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam until the 1100s AD, using the Sri Lankan Buddhist culture as the basis of their orthodoxy. This happened at the same time Buddhism went extinct in its homeland of India itself.

Avalokiteshvara-scaled.jpg?fit=973,1465&

A beautiful Sri Lankan Avalokitesvara the book chose to mention.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We are so gonna lose if we go through with this hahaha

you sure you don't want to link with your eternal rival first?

Ironmanning Three Houses is already terrible. If a different person is losing units for you on top of that? Wouldn't wish that even on Armagon.

Besides he hasn't even showed uo yet lol

it's not that i don't trust you with Conquest well, i don't but i don't trust myself with Berwick Ironman as well xD

Besides he hasn't even showed uo yet lol

@Armagon rise to the challenge

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Listen to music from Mother 3 so I can finally, finally get what I want.

Porky's theme is catchy, but I won't make any promises about it working. Even my dark magic can only do so much.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or, music from Touhou so we get what Touhou deserves.

Toho music? Got it, hopefully Godzilla will be our first non-video game character.

Just now, Sooks said:

Better hope someone good isn’t linked to Shura, or that the person playing Conquest doesn’t really like boots.

well

I know for sure Ruben won't kill Shura

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not that i don't trust you with Conquest well, i don't but i don't trust myself with Berwick Ironman as well

We stand on equal footing. We're both terrible.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does Berwick have a similar cast size to Conquest?

A few less units on Berwick, but I can always not use kids.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

5 less if we exclude kids afaik

If we take away the kids that leaves us with just a few less characters on Conquest, but we can even things with capturable bosses. I mean, Haitaka is better than all the kids, so it works. Brilliant!

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Porky's theme is catchy, but I won't make any promises about it working. Even my dark magic can only do so much.

Here's hoping...

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Toho music? Got it, hopefully Godzilla will be our first non-video game character.

You little--

Better hope someone good isn’t linked to Shura, or that the person playing Conquest doesn’t really like boots.

You forget I like Shura enough that I married him. He's legit my favorite character in the game, I will never give him up for boots.

>opens Serenes home page to check the cast of both Conquest and Berwick to see how they can be linked and how to equalize the numbers

>first thing i see

heroes-resplendent-celica-768x730.jpg

what's going on in FEH xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Are you new to FEH?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The greatness of a one-state power grid. 😑

It's alright. Once it shuts down... again, they won't forget to blame Democrats, liberals, BLM, Antifa, Renewable Energy, etc.

>opens Serenes home page to check the cast of both Conquest and Berwick to see how they can be linked and how to equalize the numbers

35 on Berwick, 40 on Conquest counting children and discounting capturable bosses. You take care of the rest while I sleep. Teamwork!

>first thing i see

heroes-resplendent-celica-768x730.jpg

It's Heroes. Who cares.

I care since it saves me the trouble of having to come up with something for one of my story ideas.

Don't ask. Or ask, since almost no one seems to ever be interested in what I write.