• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I legitimately think it would be the funniest shit if a Fire Emblem character was the last reveal again.

I don't care. Pyra and Mythra are in already, i've won. After this, i have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Oh I agree, on both accounts! Just to watch the world burn? Im in!

The last dlc character will be Rutger to announce an fe6 remake while angering the most people possible.

Anyway, I just spent quite a bit of time debating over the right answers for an exam question where it was one of those “pick the best term to go with each definition” and two of the definitions really didn’t match with any of the listed terms, but I picked the ones that fit the most…. and the correct answer was just to leave those definitions blank. No none of the above or not listed or anything, but I was supposed to leave them blank. What. I mean it technically makes sense, but that is such a dumb surprise. It’s like Kaga wrote my exam.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Now play Banner Saga.

Ok.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

What? You said play a better saga.

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh I agree, on both accounts! Just to watch the world burn? Im in!

Me and the boys watching Smash fans go into full meltdown when Alfonse Fire Emblem gets revealed as the final DLC character

E4A9DGgVIAU6z-v?format=jpg&name=large

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

nd the correct answer was just to leave those definitions blank. No none of the above or not listed or anything, but I was supposed to leave them blank.

????????????????

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? What were the definitions and terms you were working with?

Well it’s considered “geometry” but it’s sort of about  defining logic I guess. I don’t know why they threw it with geometry, it’s very occasionally applied to actual geometry but it could be applied in the same way to every other subject, it might not even be grouped to geometry in the schooling at your location. But the definitions were:

“A situation that disproves a statement”

”A situation that proves a statement to be true”

“A guess based on other theorems”

“Uses many specific examples to create a statement that may or may not be true”

“An educated guess based on observed examples”

And when you clicked each of these, a drop down menu with three terms came down: inductive reasoning, conjecture and counter example. The middle two aren’t defined by either of those, so the correct answer was to just… not answer. Which I mean yeah, they don’t match, I knew that while taking the exam, but I had never seen a question where the right answer was to leave it blank so I just went with the ones that were the closest. 

Edited by Sooks

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

What? You said play a better saga.

Counter argument:

fiSJn0q.jpg

Meanwhile all three Banner Sagas are fantastic. Therefore Banner is the better saga. (There was one Xeno game that you really didn’t like, right? It was this one, wasn’t it? Regardless, from quick searches the internet seems to think this one is bad, or not as good as I and III).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/castlevania_advance_collection_possibly_revealed_by_rating_in_australia

Sounds nice if true, although, Aria of Sorrow would be the sole great here. Circle of the Moon has its undermining oddities, and Harmony of Dissonance is usually considered the worst of the Metroidvania Castlevanias.

---

Decided with all the sales going on b/c E3 to spend the last bit of my Xmas eShop funds on Bug Fables. I had to use a few Gold Points because I was a little short, but it isn't like it'd be used on anything else before they expire in the coming months. I've been eyeing the self-styled old-school Paper Mario game for a while, it was gonna keep bothering me if I didn't get it.

Now, to hope my three indie purchases are good. Shantae is a known factor for me now four games into it, but the other two rely on the word of a fellow fan of the stone slab, and a mass of positive reviews. -Although individually, I do overemphasize how "wasteful" a bad buy would turn out to be, $15 is maybe a medium-cost lunch entree at a good restaurant, without an appetizer, not exactly big money.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Therefore Banner is the better saga.

Three games, two games, it doesn't matter. Title length is the most important thing!

Felt like using this for a music shill, and for a change, it's Kaguya's theme.

LeaEmote.png

Yeah, here's a small emote sheet. I might make more (i had to stitch these together) but i'm too lazy.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

fiSJn0q.jpg

IMG_20200803_165832.jpg?width=697&height=432

Ok jokes aside, the thing with Episode II is that everything that isn't the gameplay is actually quite good. Music, characters, story, all kino.

The problem is that the gameplay is literal doodoo dogshit, the worst thing ever, an affront to mankind, this song plays every time it shows up in my dreams.

So i can't give the game a pass. I just pretend it's a movie instead. I like it when it's a movie.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Felt like using this for a music shill, and for a change, it's Kaguya's theme.

Kinda wish this one made it into PxZ.

For the record, the two Endless Frontier songs that can play during Haken/Kaguya's turn is All Correct and In the land beyond Endless Time, the latter also playing during their Special and i can't find the original EF version of the song.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LeaEmote.png

Yeah, here's a small emote sheet. I might make more (i had to stitch these together) but i'm too lazy.

You really are preparing for a Crosscode thread.

These are actually really nice and well done though. Like, dang.

That evil emote is a little concerning though.

IMG_20200803_165832.jpg?width=697&height=432

Ok jokes aside, the thing with Episode II is that everything that isn't the gameplay is actually quite good. Music, characters, story, all kino.

The problem is that the gameplay is literal doodoo dogshit, the worst thing ever, an affront to mankind, this song plays every time it shows up in my dreams.

So i can't give the game a pass. I just pretend it's a movie instead. I like it when it's a movie.

I’m just glad I remembered which one you didn’t like lol.

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the latter also playing during their Special and i can't find the original EF version of the song.

Ignore the part where it says Exceed, this is the first game's rendition, I know the difference. Blame obscurity for why it's hard to find, and perhaps releasing before YouTube had yet to become the obvious and popular video game complete OST uploading hub it has been.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Alright, I think I rewrote enough to start uploading this thing... but now I'm pondering if to do it someplace else. Not much reception in here, sad to admit. Or, hmm, maybe I should write a little more before uploading, to think it over a while longer.

CrossCode portraits are super, super expressive and it's one of the main reasons why Lea works so well as a silent protagonist.

It's more accurate to say sadistic joy.

Worth noting that that portrait only appears in the NG+ exclusive mode "Sergey Hax", a mode where Lea's attack power becomes so ridiculously high, she one-shots everything and takes great pleasure in using her newfound overpoweredness. See for yourself (these are from the tutorial level so no spoilers).

The really cool thing about CrossCode's NG+ is that not only is it the ideal way to replay due to all the various different options but when it comes to stuff like carrying over levels and shit (and the aforementioned Sergey Hax mode), it's actually acknowledged within the game itself.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ignore the part where it says Exceed, this is the first game's rendition, I know the difference. Blame obscurity for why it's hard to find, and perhaps releasing before YouTube had yet to become the obvious and popular video game complete OST uploading hub it has been.

I uh, i think the one in PxZ might actually be based off the Exceed version. Like, the one you linked sounds substantially different (but similar) whereas PxZ's songs usually are just slight variations of the source material.

Like, compare the PxZ version of Fury Sparks to the source version in TOVesperia, for example.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I uh, i think the one in PxZ might actually be based off the Exceed version. Like, the one you linked sounds substantially different (but similar) whereas PxZ's songs usually are just slight variations of the source material.

Hmm... *listens to PxZ's version and Exceed's simultaneously in an off-synch cacophony on my ears*

Yep, we have a match. Posters commented that's the case on the PxZ vid, and I can hear it.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

You see Ruben, your opinion is wrong because i said so.

My opinion is right because i also said so.

Damnit, foiled again...

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dn1nyqCXsAAVXw9_1.jpeg?width=574&height=

He's not kidding, y'know.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks for the help, Shrimpers! I'll thank you by not getting too many of your guys killed.

I... I hope.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Fair enough.

Now play Banner Saga.

I like how at this point Sooks is being more pushy about B. Saga than I am lol

In all fairness, I can relate - I too was desperate to get someone to play the series so I could feel better about my choices when they inevitably fucked up.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agreed.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

You kiddin'? I love those faces, they're my favorites.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

CrossCode portraits are super, super expressive and it's one of the main reasons why Lea works so well as a silent protagonist.

What kind of game is it even? VN with RPG elements? That seems to be a favorite in this thread... I don't even mean it in a bad way, it really does look that way to me!

...Oh wait no, it's a top-down shooter. That's a new one... Huh.