• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Oh, I hadn't seen this.

Hilarious. Thanks, old man.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am gonna lose so many units due to lack of healers + my play style...

I need atleast 2 healers for my playstyle F

oh well, Vulns time

Berwick vulneraries are amazing, so at least there's that. I always make sure to have one on every unit even when I have healers.

Which you don't.

Because of me.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben, who is still alive?

For a more precise answer than I gave you before, check out the list.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ruben:

Atlantis All right, who's not dead? Sound off. Blank Template - Imgflip

Gotta be honest, when this whole thing started I was hoping Shrimpy would... y'know, at least begin to contribute before I made a complete fool of myself?

I can't edit and got ninja'd, so it's time for a sweet, sweet double post.

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Berwick question: 

Hide contents

What exactly determines who shows up in the cutscene just before Chapter 14? Seems a pretty random selection to me.

Spoiler

The units that appear there are set in stone. Which is a little disappointing, not gonna lie. None of my favorites show up, it's a shame.

The police in my country have been trying to arrest a spree killer for over 1 week and they still haven't succeeded. It's all over the papers.

No FE12 tonight because I think I've killed enough for a night.

Just now, Maof06 said:

The police in my country have been trying to arrest a spree killer for over 1 week and they still haven't succeeded. It's all over the papers.

I didn't know you lived in Spain

Okay, no, all jokes aside. That's not good. Stay safe, man.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

The units that appear there are set in stone. Which is a little disappointing, not gonna lie. None of my favorites show up, it's a shame.

oh

that's a little weird

Spoiler

Does it change if you don't recruit certain characters?

Wow... @Shrimperor and @Saint Rubenio, you guys really can't catch a break today, can you?
I feel genuinely bad for both of you!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, remember when they talked about Emelas?

Spoiler

They did?
Aw, crap! I must've missed that! X.X

Also, playthrough finished!
Hot DAMN that final boss looked awesome! Though I gotta say

Spoiler

I am kinda sorta not sure about Daddy Fact being the secret man behind the man. It kinda came out of nowhere (though some manner of foreshadowing was given, I suppose, in that the Facts seek power above all else and such), and it made the Fact family seem a bit too spotlight-stealing for my liking. Dope final boss with amazing music, though!

Also, nobody in this game gets to keep their love interests, do they? XD
On Yunica's route, Roy dies. (he lives in the other two)
On Hugo's, Epona bites it. (she lives in the last one, at least)
And Reah (Rhea?!?) doesn't make it through any of 'em.

Also, my protag ranking:
Yunica >= Toal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hugo

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wow... @Shrimperor and @Saint Rubenio, you guys really can't catch a break today, can you?
I feel genuinely bad for both of you!

To be fair, missing a 99 is a pretty hilarious way to die that I had yet to experience. I've been accumulating a rich repertoire of exotic deaths in my years of LPing (or in this case pseudo-LPing, I suppose). It's pretty great, it really is. I'm not bitter at all.

...Though maybe the time has come to sell out and deploy Camilla just enough to get Velouria's paralogue. I desperately need help.

Spoiler

They did?
Aw, crap! I must've missed that! X.X

Spoiler

Black Pearl is Black Esmelas (or was it Ash Esmelas?)

Hot DAMN that final boss looked awesome

Yup

The only thing i have against it is that there's no save between it and the penultimate. Was a pain when i reached the boss at 2 am and couldn't beat and those had to do it all over again next day xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

I am kinda sorta not sure about Daddy Fact being the secret man behind the man. It kinda came out of nowhere (though some manner of foreshadowing was given, I suppose, in that the Facts seek power above all else and such), and it made the Fact family seem a bit too spotlight-stealing for my liking. Dope final boss with amazing music, though!

Thing is, Origin is a prequel created after Ys 1/2, where alot of those details are already shared

Although i played Origin first, so... xD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Dope final boss with amazing music, though!

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hide contents

Also, nobody in this game gets to keep their love interests, do they? XD
On Yunica's route, Roy dies. (he lives in the other two)
On Hugo's, Epona bites it. (she lives in the last one, at least)
And Reah (Rhea?!?) doesn't make it through any of 'em.

Spoiler

Epona also lives in Yunica's, as she's only knocked unconscious in their final fight. It's a deliberate parallel to Roy only dying in her route, and both living in Toal's while his love interest doesn't get to come unscathed.

It's a byproduct of who the antagonist of the very first Ys was. That's a fact. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Though maybe the time has come to sell out and deploy Camilla just enough to get Velouria's paralogue. I desperately need help.

take a break for now i will finish Ch. 5 tomorrow hopefully i don't massively screw up there...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, missing a 99 is a pretty hilarious way to die that I had yet to experience. I've been accumulating a rich repertoire of exotic deaths in my years of LPing (or in this case pseudo-LPing, I suppose). It's pretty great, it really is. I'm not bitter at all.

...Also not because I just finished The Silmarillion.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't know you lived in Spain

Wait, is there a murderer on the loose in Spain right now?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, no, all jokes aside. That's not good. Stay safe, man.

Relax, the guy's in another state. I think he's trying to cross the border. What is intriguing is that he has already exchanged fire with the police, has been in the woods for a long time and still has energy and ammunition. And that he wrote a letter using lines from The Lord of the Rings.

Edited by Maof06

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

take a break for now i will finish Ch. 5 tomorrow hopefully i don't massively screw up there...

Good luck. I'll be sure to rest well so that I may continue to suck as much as always.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

...Also not because I just finished The Silmarillion.

Watch it, pal. You're not the only one in this thread who can make literary references now...

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

More Berwick questions:

Hide contents

Is there any point in saving money after Chapter 13?

Nope. You'd best spend it all. Buy some furniture.

Just now, Maof06 said:

Wait, is there a murderer on the loose in Spain right now?

tl;dr it was a joke

Just now, Maof06 said:

Relax, the guy's in another state. I think he's trying to cross the border. What is intriguing is that he has already exchanged fire with the police, has been in the woods for a long time and still has energy and ammunition.

Oh wow. I don't know if the guy's a badass or the police are all scrubs. Either way, I hope he's apprehended before he can leave the country.

Just now, Maof06 said:

And that he wrote a letter using lines from The Lord of the Rings.

Gasp it was Wraith all along

31 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

The police in my country have been trying to arrest a spree killer for over 1 week

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No FE12 tonight because I think I've killed enough for a night.

Hmm….

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmm….

Shut your mouth, or else!

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

eh

tbf i think if we'd switched places and i took conquest instead i also would've lost quite a few units by now

Conquest is undeniably harder.

Still, a 99, man...

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest is undeniably harder.

yup. Quite a bit harder except for maybe Endgame as i found that pretty tough in Berwick. Then again Conquest Lunatic Endgame is Hell.

ah right you didn't try Conquest Lunatic yet

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, a 99, man...

yeah true that's just super bad luck

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yup. Quite a bit harder except for maybe Endgame as i found that pretty tough in Berwick. Then again Conquest Lunatic Endgame is Hell.

ah right you didn't try Conquest Lunatic yet

Are the enemy crit rates even higher in lunatic? 'Cause I don't know if I really want to be up against enemy armies with universal 20 crit...

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, the thing with Conquest is that you can just die to a critical at any point. The rng can always screw you over.

Yeah, biggest flaw with the game, in my humble opinion. They went way overboard with the enemy crit rates in the lategame.