Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Robert Stewart said:
  Hide contents

gsdx_20210620162716.png.4e49357d723cf38f654c95c430b217fb.pnggsdx_20210620162628.png.2e57c61227b690fb253fa5eb13e3ee41.png

What's with these generic enemies getting unique portraits?

I always found them fascinating. They have unique inventories (including one of the only two albatross...es in the entire game), portraits and skillsets... And they're both stuck in little side rooms that there's absolutely no reason to ever open. Even if you lost Burroughs, by the time you made it to them, the priests would've already ran out of wormwood to shoot. It's just... so weird.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

wL5KuFw.png2ldL736.png6Aq3Qgt.png

3 new reaction pics to the collection

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Hello! Did I miss anything?

me and Ruben lost the iron man because i did an omega oopsie and got softlocken, and Ruben got completely murderized

and Robert is in Berwick endgame

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hello! Did I miss anything?

We lost all the healers and then the ironman twice.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20210620-154355.png

Screenshot_20210620-154421.png

BRUH

Oof.

While on the subject, I'll fully admit I've never enjoyed fighting games because I'm bad at them. These games require you input three buton combinations for the most basic things, and well, I can never make them work consistently and I don't have nearly enough fun to want to get good at them. They're just tiresome for me.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

me and Ruben lost the iron man because i did an omega oopsie and got softlocken, and Ruben got completely murderized

FFFFF

How's Ys?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

While on the subject, I'll fully admit I've never enjoyed fighting games because I'm bad at them.

Change your mindset then. 

Because it's not about winning, it's about sending a message.

I return to >100 new pages! Suppose that's what happens when you're gone for 10 days. 

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They have unique inventories (including one of the only two albatross...es in the entire game), portraits and skillsets... And they're both stuck in little side rooms that there's absolutely no reason to ever open. Even if you lost Burroughs, by the time you made it to them, the priests would've already ran out of wormwood to shoot. It's just... so weird.

Yeah, these guys are hilarious. Especially the jackass with the Miracle Charm. I know there's a video out there on Youtube with Miracle Charm Volo deathmatching him and having them use their miracle charms like 25 times total. 

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh noooooo

Who ended it?

Also, I bought Dark Deity, just because I had some spare money and wanted to see what's up. I've played about the first third now (through Chapter 10), and so far, it's alright. Probably would end up around Awakening and 3H on my list, it has a very similar feel to it. Especially with how insane the nostanking is. By Chapter 8 I could just nostank half of each map with a single unit. It's powertripping at its finest, but it's not very interesting beyond that. The story is simple and not very interesting, but not bad either. Characters are fun, at least. So, yeah, it's a fine time without too much special to say about it.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Who ended it?

I did first by getting softlocked in Berwick Lumire map

Then Ruben got murderized in Conquest Boat Map

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I did first by getting softlocked in Berwick Lumire map

Then Ruben got murderized in Conquest Boat Map

Ah, ouch. I'm curious what softlocked you- did a unit with the door key die?

Just now, Spara said:

I'm curious what softlocked you- did a unit with the door key die?

yup. I panicked when the boss decided to move and instead of thinking calmly and retreating to heal like i should've, i panicked xD

you can find a small log of our playthrough here

All those Tear Ring Saga Let's Plays make we want to play Tear Ring Saga, eve though I am in the middle of a Berwick run.

Which Playstation 1 emulator do the cool kids these days use anyway?

24 minutes ago, Spara said:

So, yeah, it's a fine time without too much special to say about it.

This is like most positive thing I've heard about the game.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Which Playstation 1 emulator do the cool kids these days use anyway?

I think ePSXe, Mednafen, or one of the Beetle PSX cores for Retroarch.

I played it using a PSP and the native pops emulator, but when I wasn't doing that I  use the Beetle cores.

Edit: but then again I may be a weird case because I use Linux.

Edit  2: Apparently ePSXe hasn't been updated in like 4 years, so I guess not that?

Edited by Robert Stewart

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Change your mindset then. 

Because it's not about winning, it's about sending a message.

I mean, yeah, but on top of being bad at them I just don't enjoy them.

40 minutes ago, Spara said:

I return to >100 new pages! Suppose that's what happens when you're gone for 10 days. 

Teehee moment.

Yeah, these guys are hilarious. Especially the jackass with the Miracle Charm. I know there's a video out there on Youtube with Miracle Charm Volo deathmatching him and having them use their miracle charms like 25 times total. 

I think I may've watched that one. One of these runs I gotta actually go and confront those guys.

Also, I bought Dark Deity, just because I had some spare money and wanted to see what's up. I've played about the first third now (through Chapter 10), and so far, it's alright. Probably would end up around Awakening and 3H on my list, it has a very similar feel to it. Especially with how insane the nostanking is. By Chapter 8 I could just nostank half of each map with a single unit. It's powertripping at its finest, but it's not very interesting beyond that. The story is simple and not very interesting, but not bad either. Characters are fun, at least. So, yeah, it's a fine time without too much special to say about it.

The map design is apparently absolutely horrible. Do let us know.

Neither GBAFE nor modern FE have the audacity to present maps that are just squares devoid of all terrain and obstacles as if that's even remotely acceptable - dark deity apparently has multiple of those.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I wasn't planning on getting the original Mario + Rabbids, but man.

$15 is hard to pass up, DLC included.

I would recommend! The overworld sections get tiresome, but the battles? They're wonderful.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wasn't planning on getting the original Mario + Rabbids, but man.

$15 is hard to pass up, DLC included.

Even if you didn't grab it now, it would've gone on sale again in like two weeks.