Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Neither GBAFE nor modern FE have the audacity to present maps that are just squares devoid of all terrain and obstacles as if that's even remotely acceptable - dark deity apparently has multiple of those.

game really looks unfinished

Glad i didn't buy it and waited.

Maybe they will fix it, maybe they won't, who knows

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

$15

>20€ in eu eshop

ninty why

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Neither GBAFE nor modern FE have the audacity to present maps that are just squares devoid of all terrain and obstacles as if that's even remotely acceptable - dark deity apparently has multiple of those.

But you just played Awakening relatively recently.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You played Echoes, didn’t you?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

game really looks unfinished

Glad i didn't buy it and waited.

Maybe they will fix it, maybe they won't, who knows

I still think the release's timing is incredibly suspicious, right after E3 and all. At least they're still working on it, but the map design is a deeper problem, and so far the patches se to be mainly addressing technical issues.

Frankly, if you want a dose of FE on PC, I'd advise grabbing a hack. They're free, and there are many that are far better made than tht mess.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

But you just played Awakening relatively recently.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You played Echoes, didn’t you?

Dudes, no. Even Awakening and Gaiden's embarrassing maps had something on them. A forest, a wall, a pitfall, anything. Dark Deity has multiple maps that are just a plain tile. It's like if I sold a platformer for 20 bucks and a few levels are just a straight run for 2 minutes to the finish. You can't do that.

If you want a dose of good game on PC, I would advise getting Banner Saga.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dudes, no. Even Awakening and Gaiden's embarrassing maps had something on them. A forest, a wall, a pitfall, anything. Dark Deity has multiple maps that are just a plain tile. It's like if I sold a platformer for 20 bucks and a few levels are just a straight run for 2 minutes to the finish. You can't do that.

I thought the strike through would make it obvious that I was joking. I did see the screenshots of that massive gray map with nothing on it and yiiikes.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you want a dose of good game on PC, I would advise getting Banner Saga.

This, too.

I thought the strike through would make it obvious that I was joking. I did see the screenshots of that massive gray map with nothing on it and yiiikes.

Yeah, and that's not the only one. The final map, for instance, has a fancier visual pattern, but it's effectively the same thing.

It's one thing to make a bad map. It's a very different thing to take the default map in SRPG studio and try to sneak it into your 20$ game with a 75k kickstarter behind it. That betrays something perhaps even worse than incompetence: lack of care. Which, combined with the suspicious release that looks like they were cashing in on the E3 hype, quality of the game be damned... Honestly made me lose all sympathy for the devs. If they eventually fix the game, good on them, but until then, the hate is warranted. If only to warn people about what they're really getting into.

...or maybe I'm just being too cynical and their intentions were innocent, they just were extremely bad at it. In which case... I mean, sure, but I'd still tell everyone to avoid it. This isn't a free game, you can't just excuse everything when money is involved.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you want a dose of good game on PC, I would advise getting CrossCode.

So true Benice!

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

few levels are just a straight run for 2 minutes to the finish. You can't do that.

*Laughs in Little Timmy Mario Maker levels*.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Laughs in Little Timmy Mario Maker levels*.

Haha, yeah... But Little Timmy didn't get 75000 dollars from a kickstarter so he could charge 20 bucks for the ability to play "kil bowsr 1", right?

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Seems like they had enough of a marketing budget at least, if the ads I keep getting while watching TRS Let's Plays are any indication.

They made a huge effort to ensure the game looks good... but only at surface level. Which is just another suspicious thing for the pile.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They made a huge effort to ensure the game looks good... but only at surface level. Which is just another suspicious thing for the pile.

Cyberpunk 2077 moment.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

6.png

like, what's with this amount of enemies?

Project X Zone moment. Except PxZ has AoE attacks, I don't think this one does.

Two days in, and I'm already at 50% for Shantae according to the save file. Not exactly surprising, Metroidvanias are never long, particularly since Shantae rewards speedrunning with special CGs ala Metroid. It's easy, but fun, and that is what matters.

Squid Baron is back again, and they're solidifying their place as a favorite of mine.😄

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Demo was Kino

full game out in 2 weeks

Be sure to use spoiler tags and stuff if you're going to post about it here BTW. I'm not likely to get the game until Ymas because it isn't worthy of being called "Xmas" without X2. My future gaming laptop will likely devour all my pre-holidays gaming funds.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

While on the subject, I'll fully admit I've never enjoyed fighting games because I'm bad at them. These games require you input three buton combinations for the most basic things, and well, I can never make them work consistently and I don't have nearly enough fun to want to get good at them. They're just tiresome for me.

Same issue. And if I can't learn the basics of a game well enough, then it doesn't feel like I'm playing it right, so I don't have fun. And I don't do multiplayer, which is where fighting games excel.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Devil May Cry

Screenshot_3660.png

Does Dante Devil Trigger at all? Meaning "temporarily transforms into a demon"? Since Nocturne came up earlier, I was reminded he didn't Devil Trigger there, and I don't believe he did in the PS2 port of Viewtiful Joe either. Peculiar if something as flashy as that didn't make it into a game when one thinks about it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Screenshot_3664.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_3665.png?width=769&height=432

I don't even think the horny bat would be effective at this point. This game is just too strong.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does Dante Devil Trigger at all? Meaning "temporarily transforms into a demon"?

Yes actually. Both for the Special and the Multi-Attack, he Devil Triggers as part of it. The multi-attack even has him play an electric guitar

Screenshot_3645.png?width=769&height=432