• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Does anyone here play Miitopia?

I grabbed it because it's a fun (RPG) game using the others's mii.

I considered it, but eventually decided against it. It looks like the kind of game where you have the most fun creating characters, and then it just... gets old quick. That's what it looks like to me, at least.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I considered it, but eventually decided against it. It looks like the kind of game where you have the most fun creating characters, and then it just... gets old quick. That's what it looks like to me, at least.

It's ok, thanks for the reply regardless!

I just asked out of curiousity.

It's not that I haven't found people yet who own this game.

Thought it'd be cool to have the opportunity to play it with people from this forum.

Just purchased the game today since it's on sale at Amazon's Prime Day, and some online enjoyed and recommended it to me.

Alright, then second question:

Does anyone here play Dark Deity?

Spoiler

If I should get no positive answer, my final question would be, if someone here plays Among Us.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

5 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I just asked out of curiousity.

It's not that I haven't found people yet who own this game.

Thought it'd be cool to have the opportunity to play it with people from this forum.

It's always fun to find people to talk about games with here!

Alright, then second question:

Does anyone here play Dark Deity?

@Spara does. Opinions about the game are generally negative in this thread.

Hide contents

If I should get no positive answer, my final question would be, if someone here plays Among Us.

That spoiler box is sus haha I'm so funny

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's always fun to find people to talk about games with here!

@Spara does. Opinions about the game are generally negative in this thread.

Wanted to start with this game, even considered to do as a blind LP.

Watched a friend's stream of this game, and my first impression was positive.

It reminded me on a cross of a SRPG Studio style and Langrisser.

Definitely interested to check it out soon.

That spoiler box is sus haha I'm so funny

I'm almost shocked that a person of such nobility like you did understand it.

Wanted to start with this game, even considered to do as a blind LP.

Watched a friend's stream of this game, and my first impression was positive.

It reminded me on a cross of a SRPG Studio style and Langrisser.

Definitely interested to check it out soon.

The big problems with the game are its terrible technical state, with plenty of gamebreaking bugs and not-so-gamebreaking-but-still-bad glitches; the map design, which is absolutely horrible and even worse than stuff like Awakening and Echoes (no joke, there are multiple maps that are just a square filled with plain tiles and enemies scattered about. They look like SRPG Studio's default map); and the balance, which seems to be about on the same level as Awakening, with some classes being utterly unusable and a few being so broken that the game beats itself. Also, the story and characters apparently suck, but I've not seen this so I can't say, personally.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Get a FE hack instead. Plenty of hacks are far better made, on top of being free.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

*Testament flashbacks*

Too true! Now if only you could use BG in E.S fights, that would be golden. Some of those fights are just... ugh.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The big problems with the game are its terrible technical state, with plenty of gamebreaking bugs and not-so-gamebreaking-but-still-bad glitches

I see.

Is there a chance that these issues could be fixed in the future?

So that means the creators should hire me for me making good maps for them.

Regardless I think it's more wise to work further on my RPG then.

Kinda got stuck with it since my head couldn't spil out a good plot.

As for the maps I pretty much have the idea what to do till the end.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Just now, Zan Partizanne said:

I see.

Is there a chance that these issues could be fixed in the future?

So that means the creators should hire me for me making good maps for them.

The creator is releasing patches frequently, and you'll hear people saying that this means the game will eventually be good. I disagree - there is only one dev, who is desperately trying to fix the many technical issues the game has. He might succeed at making the game playable, but unfortunately, the chance that the map design, balance and difficulty will be fixed is extremely low. It'd require a full overhaul of the entire game, which doesn't seem feasible, especially when it's only one person developing it. Keep an eye on it, if you wish, but I recommend giving it a pass.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The creator is releasing patches frequently, and you'll hear people saying that this means the game will eventually be good. I disagree - there is only one dev, who is desperately trying to fix the many technical issues the game has. He might succeed at making the game playable, but unfortunately, the chance that the map design, balance and difficulty will be fixed is extremely low. It'd require a full overhaul of the entire game, which doesn't seem feasible, especially when it's only one person developing it. Keep an eye on it, if you wish, but I recommend giving it a pass.

I see.

I have to admit I was very curious since I don't know any other series with a gameplay similar to Fire Emblem.

From what I've watched, the game looked fine (haven't seen any glitches or bugs in the stream).

Though seems I was wrong, and I'm thankful that you pointed it out for me.

Since I have the game now, I think it'd be still worth a try to play at least one or two maps to get a little impression for myself.

With that said I take my farewell for now.

22 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Since I have the game now, I think it'd be still worth a try to play at least one or two maps to get a little impression for myself.

Well, I hope you have some fun with it, at least! From what I've seen, the first part of the game is... okay, nothing amazing, but okay. Then it gradually devolves into the squares filled with plain tiles I mentioned earlier.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I actually did it legit 😛

Madman.

VC1 ch7

Ah yes, one of the worst ones.

Although i'd argue that's better than VC4 Final, as at least the big tank moved slowly and not randomly.

Adol has beem getting more characterization game by game, and in Ys 8 he is pretty emotional, expressive and interactive for a "silent protag". When you play all the games you do get a character for him. He was also pretty well characterized through Dana herself in her sections.

I do wonder if there's a legitimate reason for him to be silent. Cause like we have the Ys Origin protags who clearly aren't silent. 

I mean, i guess it's just tradition at this point.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Keeps listening to Cloaca Maxima

Wonders if there's an arrange

Arrange by Singa

As expected he ruins a masterpiece of a track

PyG5Lku.png

FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I'm more surprised that they're still doing Arranges. They didn't make one for Cold Steel 3 and 4 so i just assumed they stopped.

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wvbm6FV.jpg

Vs Chaotic Trio in Baten Kaitos moment.

(Because you can actually just get soft-locked).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do wonder if there's a legitimate reason for him to be silent. Cause like we have the Ys Origin protags who clearly aren't silent. 

I mean, i guess it's just tradition at this point

Besides tradition, i can see one other reason:

Afaik the japanese audience didn't take kindly at all at Adol not being the protag of Ys Origin. I remember reading that somewhere.

He is the #1 Falcom character there according to the latest polls

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Does anyone here play Miitopia?

I grabbed it because it's a fun (RPG) game using the others's mii.

I played it a while ago. I enjoyed it, my only real problem with it was that it was too long.

I might be able to replay it and enjoy it, since I am looking for something to play for a bit.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I only actually made one of the miis I used. Which isn’t to say you have to play it like I did, but I did and still liked the game.

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_3782.png

All of the enemies to the left here have barrier, i'm going to die.

The chapter hasn't like, officially started as the title card hasn't dropped yet, but please Monolith Soft, don't make me fight them all. Even with AoE, this is gonna be a pain.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Afaik the japanese audience didn't take kindly at all at Adol not being the protag of Ys Origin. I remember reading that somewhere.

I don't see this as a reason. I mean, i see it as why we haven't gotten another Ys game without Adol but it seems irrelevant as to why he still remains silent.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's a surprise considering Estelle exists.

Adol has been around for far, far longer.

Dude basically pioneered the ARPG genre.