• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Booted up Metroid Fusion again and let me tell you, y'all don't know true fear until you're being chased by SA-X.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Speaking of, @Armagon how is your shinesparking technique?

*Shrugs* don't even know what that is tbh.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Booted up Metroid Fusion again and let me tell you, y'all don't know true fear until you're being chased by SA-X.

En ese momento, Samus sintió el verdadero terror...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So from my understanding, if you fall in the carnivore plants, you're just dead right? Cause I can't seem to break free and Super Missiles and Super Bombs do jack shit.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

En ese momento, Samus sintió el verdadero terror...

Y fue un terror mui frio.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you say so.

Edited by BrightBow

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Which I've since learned it's name is Yakuza, of all things.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Shrugs* don't even know what that is tbh.

When you activate the speed booster, you can "dash" by jumping while inputing a directional button. Any direction. BUT, when you dash towards a slope, if you dont hold the direction you dash, Samus hits it and stops, you continue holding that direction down, and she starts running again. While your running, push "down" on your directionals, to "store" your speed booster. You can do this as often as you like.

Edited by lightcosmo

Kazuma Kiryu faces his greatest foe yet... a giant spider that knows kung fu!

Today is Sonic's 30th birthday, so I played as him a bit in Smash to commemorate the occasion. Maybe one day soon I'll revisit and finish Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and get a Light Chao (relatedly, the original SA2 was released in Japan and Europe 20 years ago today; it was released a few days earlier in the US however).

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you think SA-X is bad, wait until you see the aptly named Nightmare. It's a nightmare to fight and look at.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the E.M.M.I. live up to SA-X's reputation in Dread. Hooray for being hunted!

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you think SA-X is bad, wait until you see the aptly named Nightmare. It's a nightmare to fight and look at.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the E.M.M.I. live up to SA-X's reputation in Dread. Hooray for being hunted!

Well, having designated patrol areas is certainly a step-up from SA-X... but imagine if they could actually chase you across everywhere...

And now I'm reminded of that Ao Oni fad of a couple years ago. The games had something like that. The titular Oni could appear pretty much at random, and chase you pretty much everywhere, only leaving by either managing to hide, get behind a barrier it couldn't get through, or exhaust a hidden timer as you just let the chase go on and on and it'd just disappear with no explanation. Until the next appearance trigger happened.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

24 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good taste right here! I mentioned this as well! Xd

27 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

you think SA-X is bad, wait until you see the aptly named Nightmare. It's a nightmare to fight and look at.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Good taste right here! I mentioned this as well! Xd

Nightmare was pretty creepy.

I hit it with Super Missiles until it died.  But from the looks of it, it wanted to die.

Edited by Armagon

Oh man, Nightmare. I still remember the first time I was seeing its shadow pass by during the first runs through Sector 5... *shudder* haha.

Being like 9-10 when first playing Fusion... well, it happens.

Man, I really hope Dread doesn't pull the "shoot literally everything to find a way out" shit. Super did it, Fusion is doing it again with the underwater part of Sector 4.

This gets annoying.

QDKzi9h.jpg

A stroll through the Nightmare Tower!

One thing i really dislike about Origin Nightmare tho is the massive reduction of SP intake. Playing the game with almost no upgrades is really ... nightmare-ish

badumtss

but hey finally defeated Desert boss

and i can't feel my hands now lol

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

The glass tube? At least in Fusion it's deliberate callback to the glass tube in Super. I think.

No i got past that part.

It's what comes after.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Today is Sonic's 30th birthday

And Sega revealed this:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-23-at-10-04-43-PM.pn

It says it right there, Sonic is a serial killer. In the SMT gatcha.

---

Played a little more Bug Fables, making to the second town. I love having what is basically PM's Tattle, adds a lot of small but appreciated chatter.

I still think a few more starting HP would've been better, but I'm slowing getting into the hang of things. The 10 item inventory limit is a flaw however -albeit the same as PM until you made it halfway through the Pit of 100 Trials in TTYD, I hope there is a storage expansion later.

The game more than hinted at me having to fight the Ant Queen later, I wonder when exactly, her masked visage arguably says "lategame menace". And possibly a Wasp King.

One concern I'm having, is that there is more banter in this game than PM, because all three playable characters talk while Mario never did. And while the characters are fine so far, there are only three, and so much dialogue coming out of so few mouths may prove repetitive. How far can the characters be stretched? And I soon as I say this, I remember "Wait, just three playables? BKO says it doesn't have to end badly dimwit!".

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Speaking of, @Armagon how is your shinesparking technique?

Shinesparking does not need to exist. It's a finicky technique, and likely most of the Fusion & ZM expansions I didn't get were hidden behind this secret evil skill.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Tired.

I see your problem. 2D Metroid and "shoot everything, bomb everything, you never know where another Energy Tank or some Missiles lay" can get tedious.

In this case, if you're merely looking for a way out, then it's even worse.