• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Some upgradesĀ and the special Easter Egg of the game.

Actually, I saw a video that showed that youĀ don't need Shinespark for the hidden message, even if it was the intended method. Plain old Ice Missiles can freeze the puffer-thingy if you aim them juuuuuuuuust right.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Power Bomb? That's usually their cue.

This was a secret tunnel that wasn't blocked by anything. It was just hidden, just to spite me.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shinesparking does not need to exist. It's a finicky technique, and likely most of the Fusion & ZM expansions I didn't get were hidden behind this secret evil skill.

Hah. No wonder I appear underpowered compared to screenshots I've seen at the same point in the game.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In this case, if you're merely looking for a way out, then it's even worse.

Yeah, I was just merely trying to progress. I had hoped Fusion's more linear approach would avoid Super's what the fuck moments but looks like they still persist.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, I saw a video that showed that youĀ don't need Shinespark for the hidden message, even if it was the intended method. Plain old Ice Missiles can freeze the puffer-thingy if you aim them juuuuuuuuust right.

I've read that. Yeah... but then it's not as cool. Though props for precise aiming, at least.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hah. No wonder I appear underpowered compared to screenshots I've seen at the same point in the game.

I don't think there are that many Shinespark-blockedĀ upgrades in Fusion. Zero Mission IIRC was where it got out of hand.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shinesparking does not need to exist. It's a finicky technique, and likely most of the Fusion & ZM expansions I didn't get were hidden behind this secret evil skill.

What? What do you mean "fincky"? Whats wrong with it?Ā 

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Sega revealed this:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-23-at-10-04-43-PM.pn

It says it right there, Sonic is a serial killer. In the SMT gatcha.

I mean, yeah. Have you seen all the cars Sonic tossed through the air in the first stage of Sonic Adventure 2?
Plenty of them were actually driving, so there were definitely people inside.

Of course even if those cars were somehow all empty,Ā it's hard to imagine that you can toss dozens of cars around without killing somebody.

Edited by BrightBow

Hell, id argue bomb jumping is way harder than shinesparking, and not nearly as flexible. Sure, in low% runs its amazing, specially if you dont aquire the speed booster.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

What? What do you mean "fincky"? Whats wrong with it?Ā 

My definition of finicky is simple, something that requires reflexes I do not have.šŸ˜œ Shinesparks can be ordersĀ of magnitude more difficult thanĀ a simple double bomb jump, or some other little platforming challenge of Metroid.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

There a few that require it sure, but that doesnt inheretly make it bad. Its a simple skill to learn, just takes some practice.

Some people play games intensively, others widely. Most play some of both ways, including myself.

That "some" means "Will try to get every upgrade I can in a Metroid" -but if it's too much effort, I won't. As I've said before, I'm a casual 2D Metroid player. 50 tries to get a single missile pack- not something I'd do. 10 for sure,Ā maybe 20, but not many more if looks to be that tough.Ā 

IMG_20210623_232002.jpg

I love how you can tell that Samus is genuinely pissed off that the Federation was cloning Metroids behind her back.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My definition of finicky is simple, something that requires reflexes I do not have.šŸ˜œ

Looks like CrossCode perfect block skills are off the table for you then.

I've never been able to pull one off either.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looks like CrossCode perfect block skills are off the table for you then.

I've never been able to pull one off either.

Ruben can now be incentivized to play CrossCode, because there is an opportunity for him to be better thanĀ you.

LMAO Metroid Fusion suffers frame drops if you hit Ridley with the Diffusion Super Missile.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ruben can now be incentivized to play CrossCode, because there is an opportunity for him to be better thanĀ you.

@Saint Rubenio you heard the man.Ā 

Metroid Fusion is a good-ass game. Going in, i had heard that this game is a lot more linear than other Metroid games and the early parts of the game kinda worried me it would beĀ tooĀ linear but thankfully, the game quickly does away with that. So while it's still linear in the sense that your destination is usually marked on the map, you'll still be on your own when it comes to actually getting there. Gameplay-wise, it's basically a refined Super Metroid. And now that i've played a second Metroid game, i'm getting a newfound appreciation for one of the progenitors of the Metroidvania genre. There are a lot of good Metroidvanias out there but there aren't many that have that sense of pureness that 2D Metroid has. I'd say the Blaster Master Zero games come close but even they have their own little quirks that set it apart from Metroid.

My biggest problems with Metroid Fusion lie in the fact that bosses can essentially kill you after you've killed them. A few times, i killed a boss only to be killed by the X-Parasite that emerged from it and it's because of that that i'm really grateful for restore points. This game also does suffer from "what do i do moments" that affected Super Metroid but nowhere near to the same extent. I alsoĀ kindaĀ wish the SA-X was more prominent. Don't get me wrong, it's scary as fuck when it's chasing you but it only chases you for real like once. I never got the sense that it was hunting me down because of how rarely it showed up and most of it's appearances are a non-issue.

All that said, these issues don't really impact the game too much, as Metroid Fusion is a fantastic game and an overall improvement from the already fantastic Super Metroid.

9/10

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

JgMHKO6.gif

Don't pretend like you didn't know that already.

---

As far as football (soccer) goes... I value what little sleep I can get, so the sooner Germany is kicked out of that tournament, the better.
That's literally all I care about.
Please stop these STUPID car horn concerts and yelling like lunatics until late into the night. I fucking despise it.

No one laughed harder than I did when Germany got kicked out in the prelims during the last world cup... I think three years ago now? Not sure anymore, but I remember laughing. Hard. Schadenfreude feels good.

Anyway, looks like I missed quite a bit. Hope you guys had a good time.
Good morning.