Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Killing stuff on the beach to practice switching and general combat while jamming to this.

I agree it's very good, and I think that would be expectable. 1st or near-first areas should usually have good or great music in video games, because there is only one chance at first impression, draw the player in with a high note. And if the early location music is subdued, try to hit the player over the head with an excellent battle tune instead.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Still waiting on that to happen, Falcom

Since i want to see how they will do ''Garman'', which is Adol's home

I thought there was an interview in the past couple years saying "We've been making Serious Adol recently in Ys, we want to go back to Lighthearted Adol" -I forget exactly what adjectives they attached to him. Going back home with the associations of childhood would be one way integrate it narratively.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It'll take you quite a while. Idk how long Eclessia is but this is one of the longer Castlevanias.

....I say as I haven't played a single one other than this one.

I'm not checking any of my playtimes at the moment, but on a standard run, I would say that Ritual of the Night is on the longer side, if not the longest. The castle is so big. Definitely took me more than like the ~9 hrs it did to get through Aria of Sorrow, that's how long I think a run of that, maybe with all Souls obtained, took me.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait what the fuck?

Easily fixable, change it to "Went inside a black hole to stop a demon from devouring the Earth with it, and then upon the demon's defeat and the black hole's dissolution, wound up on the Moon. There, a pretty maiden from lunar civilization fell in love with this silver fox, and proceeded to give him legendary reverse-aging moon medication to make him young again". He then decides to map out the Moon's surface, unearthing an ancient spaceship he immediately uses to revisit Earth to reverse-age Dogi for his ship's first mate, before settling sail into the endless sea of stars aka the "Final Frontier of Adventure". 😛

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've seen worse. Have you any idea how insane Albus is in the hardest difficulty? I'll be fine.

I was told the Vol Scutum glyph blocks out most of his attacks surprisingly. 

Eligor and Blackmore are worse to me, although going for the No Damage boss fight medals is beyond me.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"We've been making Serious Adol recently in Ys, we want to go back to Lighthearted Adol" -

oh yeah i read that as well. They have been doing serious Adol because he has been through alot of shit (he really has been through alot) hence Edgy Adol in Ys 9. They are thinking of driving back in the timeline again, instead of moving forward....

Which i don't know how they can do since from the start unti Ys 9 is completely full now, and only Ys 5 remake is missing really.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Going back home with the associations of childhood would be one way integrate it narratively.

That could also work and they can advance the timeline with it!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Easily fixable, change it to "Went inside a black hole to stop a demon from devouring the Earth with it, and then upon the demon's defeat and the black hole's dissolution, wound up on the Moon. There, a pretty maiden from lunar civilization fell in love with this silver fox, and proceeded to give him legendary reverse-aging moon medication to make him young again". He then decides to map out the Moon's surface, unearthing an ancient spaceship he immediately uses to revisit Earth to reverse-age Dogi for his ship's first mate, before settling sail into the endless sea of stars aka the "Final Frontier of Adventure". 😛

you joke, but

we still don't know what the deal with the 2 moons in the Ys world. I bet we will have to deal with it some time

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not checking any of my playtimes at the moment, but on a standard run, I would say that Ritual of the Night is on the longer side, if not the longest. The castle is so big. Definitely took me more than like the ~9 hrs it did to get through Aria of Sorrow, that's how long I think a run of that, maybe with all Souls obtained, took me.

I am a happy man in this moment. 'Twas a good purchase. Thanks, Steam sale.

...Well, and you. It was your post comparing it to Ecclesia that caught my attention. So thank you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

So, has DragonFlames met the teary one already?

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

iZ9slUW.png

Top2.7% babeh

Welcome to the club.

But are you among the top 1.2% who've beaten Nightmare with everyone? Or top 1% who has unlocked Pikkardon? The top 0.8% who has Yunica's alternate outfit?

... yeah...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Welcome to the club

Ty!

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But are you among the top 1.2% who've beaten Nightmare with everyone?

If i liked playing with Hugo i would imagine me going for that sometime, but i don't enjoy playing with him much

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

which club? The club of masochists?

No, that's for the one where you beat Nightmare with everyone.

I'm in that club... never again...

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, that's for the one where you beat Nightmare with everyone.

I'm in that club... never again...

Oh, well I see. Thats too bad, I wanted to join.

I dont think my heart can take any more stress from difficulty at the current moment. 

KH has tortured me enough, tbh. 

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's never too late^^

I... This is a mindgame, isnt it? You say its not too late, making me feel like taking the challenge is the only way. 

Cruel game, Shrimpy!

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah

you're playing yourself now XD

What?! 

Ive been bested at my own game by... Myself! What a twist, outsmarted by my own mind!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Congratulations!! 🥳🎉🎊 

ty!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

What?! 

Ive been bested at my own game by... Myself! What a twist, outsmarted by my own mind!

too good for your own good xD

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Those shmucks are going to try their hand at some of the worst business strategies known to the industry?

Gee, why am I not surprised.

Currently playing Final Fantasy 13. the best way I can describe  it is being all over the place. I can tolerate (somewhat) the excessive linearity, the little exploration, but what gets on me is the  game feels designed for having 3 party members. But for the early chapters are mostly restricted to two members. And when the leader dies it's a game over. Boss fights are a coin flip if it is a breeze or a paradigm shifting mess.