• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

True, but Sacred Stones is overall easier than FE4.

To be honest, I kinda feel people overrate Sigurd. Don't get me wrong, he's super good, but people compare him to the likes of Titania, Seth, Frederick, etc. That's just not right when he has a chance to instantly die if you send him against the three brigands near the first castle. Those other dudes are outright invincible for like half their games.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't get me wrong, he's super good, but people compare him to the likes of Titania, Seth, Frederick, etc. That's just not right when he has a chance to instantly die if you send him against the three brigands near the first castle.

The only way I've ever seen Sigurd die to anything is to have him exclusively fight from road tiles and let the hunters just shoot him for a while. Sure, he isn't as insanely broken as Seth in the earlygame of FE8, but his performance from Prologue to Chapter 5 is consistently amazing. They're definitely both up there for me.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wut

Yeah. Happened to me. He got hit by two axes and only lived because he dodged the third one. I almost lost him in turn 1.

Maybe I'm just talented.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

The only way I've ever seen Sigurd die to anything is to have him exclusively fight from road tiles and let the hunters just shoot him for a while.

I swear he almost died right at the beginning in my run.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah. Happened to me. He got hit by two axes and only lived because he dodged the third one. I almost lost him in turn 1.

Maybe I'm just talented.

Or cursed. Definitely cursed.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe I'm just talented.

>Sigurd

>getting hit by axes

That’s now how that works.

Not that he needs to rely on hit rates, but in the very beginning, he does just a little bit. Just a tad. Since he one rounds them anyway.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, I kinda feel people overrate Sigurd. Don't get me wrong, he's super good, but people compare him to the likes of Titania, Seth, Frederick, etc. That's just not right when he has a chance to instantly die if you send him against the three brigands near the first castle. Those other dudes are outright invincible for like half their games.

Sigurd is also invincible for the first half of the game, until he goes out for a barbecue. I would consistently throw him into those blocks of enemies to clear them up, and that was literally all I needed to do.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I almost lost him in turn 1.

I... there's only one enemy he can even reach on turn 1. 2 more on turn 2. The only enemies that can threaten him are like turn 4+ assuming you beeline him to Jungby.

No, seriously, this Jeigan is the worst. Francine kills everything, so I can't use her to soften anything up. She's basically dead weight. At least until enemies stop having so little speed they get doubled by a unit with 8.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sigurd is also invincible for the first half of the game, until he goes out for a barbecue. I would consistently throw him into those blocks of enemies to clear them up, and that was literally all I needed to do.

That... never really worked for me. Even after he got the Tyrfing, I had to make him canto in and out because he got murdered if too many enemies attacked him at once. Sure, that sounds reasonable, but I'd say it kinda knocks him out of the Seth competition.

Just now, Spara said:

I... there's only one enemy he can even reach on turn 1. 2 more on turn 2. The only enemies that can threaten him are like turn 4+ assuming you beeline him to Jungby.

Okay, then maybe it was turn 2. I remember with absolute certainty he almost died on the first pack of enemies he fought in the game.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, seriously, this Jeigan is the worst. Francine kills everything, so I can't use her to soften anything up. She's basically dead weight. At least until enemies stop having so little speed they get doubled by a unit with 8

so like literally every Jeigan in the series

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even after he got the Tyrfing, I had to make him canto in and out because he got murdered if too many enemies attacked him at once. S

how the fuck

Sspk8sfx o

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

You asshole, there's already blood on your hands.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

so like literally every Jeigan in the series

Why must you keep slighting my man Arran?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

how the fuck

Don't ask me! I don't fucking know!

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

both are on the same difficulty: very easy

But you can Franz and Amelia to (at least try) replicate Seth. Nobody can get Sigurd-tier strong in FE4. Unless you're Seliph.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I almost got him killed too in the prologue, but that was because I sent him to Jungby by himself.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That... never really worked for me. Even after he got the Tyrfing, I had to make him canto in and out because he got murdered if too many enemies attacked him at once. Sure, that sounds reasonable, but I'd say it kinda knocks him out of the Seth competition.

B-but... how...?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How???

Do you have a save state from that run in chapter 5? We need to see those stats.

I wasn’t exaggerating btw, I meant quite literally that I could just throw him into blocks of enemies and they would all die. I can’t compare him to Seth because imagine using Seth, but if he’s not up there then I don’t know what is.

Just now, Maof06 said:

B-but... how...?

Just now, Sooks said:

How???

Do you have a save state from that run in chapter 5? We need to see those stats.

Unfortunately, I do not have any means to go back and check his stats. But I swear to God, the man was not the overpowered monster everyone made him out to be. He was amazing and the best unit in the generation, don't get me wrong, but he was just a bit less amazing than the likes of Seth.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I wasn’t exaggerating btw, I meant quite literally that I could just throw him into blocks of enemies and they would all die.

The Optimal Genealogy of the Holy War Experience ™.

Well, this is it. I made it to where I quit in my last run. I gave up mighty quick that time, huh. Let's keep going a bit. It's not exactly wowing me or anything so far, but it's pleasant enough. Though they could've taken a page out of Sun God's Wrath's book and just give me no Jeigan, this woman is hopeless.

49 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Franz and Amelia t

wut

also FE8 has no Ced

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, I do not have any means to go back and check his stats. But I swear to God, the man was not the overpowered monster everyone made him out to be. He was amazing and the best unit in the generation, don't get me wrong, but he was just a bit less amazing than the likes of Seth.

the only way i imagine this happening is if you kept him lvl1 the whole run

Edited by Shrimperor

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

the only way i imagine this happening is if you kept him lvl1 the whole run

Well, no, not really. Maybe he was just RNG screwed. Who knows at this point.

This weekend I'll be pretty busy.

xqjd9Ce.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wut

Franz has high availability, high growths, good bases, and is in a good class. If you're willing to grind, he and even Amelia can become "Seth lite". I know it takes time and it's definitely probably not worth it, but yeah, it's possible. By design, Sigurd can't be replicated in Genealogy thanks to the enormous maps, Seize objectives and the way holy weapons work.