Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

I haven’t seen it but from what I’ve read/watched… that is very much true.

I mean hey, at least it doesn't put me into a coma like Phantom Menace and especially Attack of the Clones do.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But it's at this point where i mention that despite Phoenix and Maya being the most normal-ass people in the entire party, they are actually the best Support Unit in the game (so far at least).

Instant shield break.

It's amusing the way he fights in Marvel vs Capcom 3, as it is, haha.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, I kinda wish I got to send of Rugga but nooo. Although 4 trips is when the game actually starts punishing you for doing bad enough that you went there that frequently, as someone has to die on trip 4 (unless one of the involved characters is already dead) anyway.

What? Where did you hear that? That's not true at all. There are no forced deaths in any of the returns.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, just like how you were right about Yrsa, Nid, Scathach, Derdriu, Griss, Egil, Bak, Tryggvi, 

Hide contents

Folka, Rook…

Damnit Sooks, have some mercy, I'm sleep deprived.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but we're thinking about good trilogies.

You were right about one thing, Armagon:

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean hey, at least it doesn't put me into a coma like Phantom Menace and especially Attack of the Clones do.

Your attention span is short.

Alright then.

dE5txSb.png

I just threw the names at random there, admittedly. I'm going for the "classic" party composition. At least I think this is what is classic for FFI. Not unlike a Hero, Warrior, Priest, Wizard party in DQIII. Anyway, here are the four heroes destined to save the world... may God save us all...

we2u4Ol.png

Let's get on with it, shall we...

Fun fact, if I hadn't gotten the three, I would've totally named the White Mage Rubenio. Hey, he's a Saint in a holy crusade against Anime, that's fitting for the mace-wielding Holy-casting White Mage...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What? Where did you hear that? That's not true at all. There are no forced deaths in any of the returns.

I thought

Spoiler

that on the 4th return when Gunnulf is holding the wall to the great hall, every option results in a death if the characters are still alive at that point. Telling Gunnulf to get to safety gets Ubin killed, digging through the rubble gets Gunnulf killed and getting more people to help Gunnulf with the wall gets both Gunnulf and Egil killed.

Damnit Sooks, have some mercy, I'm sleep deprived.

I’m sure all those characters aren’t.

Oh great, and that's just what I frigging needed-- I didn't properly shut the blinds, so now my room is dimly lit just enough to make it even more impossible to fall asleep for at least an hour.

Jesus, I haven't slept this poorly in a really long time.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact, if I hadn't gotten the three, I would've totally named the White Mage Rubenio. Hey, he's a Saint in a holy crusade against Anime, that's fitting for the mace-wielding Holy-casting White Mage...

I dig maces. Shame I missed my chance. Oh well, it's probably for the best. If I were in your team I'd somehow get us all killed.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thought

Hide contents

that on the 4th return when Gunnulf is holding the wall to the great hall, every option results in a death if the characters are still alive at that point. Telling Gunnulf to get to safety gets Ubin killed, digging through the rubble gets Gunnulf killed and getting more people to help Gunnulf with the wall gets both Gunnulf and Egil killed.

Nope.

Spoiler

It's a repeat of the first game's situation. The first option lets everyone survive.

Heck, I don't think Ubin can die at all. The guy is so badass he has plot armor, something not even the main characters can claim.

I’m sure all those characters aren’t.

You suck. Sooks, more like Suckes.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright then.

dE5txSb.png

Ayy, I’m a white mage! Thanks Acacia. Those are healers right? If so that’s good, being a healer is good.

Anyway, here are the four heroes destined to save the world... may God save us all...

It’s okay, I’m there, you don’t need God.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dig maces. Shame I missed my chance. Oh well, it's probably for the best. If I were in your team I'd somehow get us all killed.

With your track record... yeah, making you the party healer would be like "What was I thinking?" XD

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ayy, I’m a white mage! Thanks Acacia. Those are healers right? If so that’s good, being a healer is good.

It’s okay, I’m there, you don’t need God.

Yep, they be healers. And some support spells. And the occasional offensive spell.

Nope.

Reveal hidden contents

It's a repeat of the first game's situation. The first option lets everyone survive.

Heck, I don't think Ubin can die at all. The guy is so badass he has plot armor, something not even the main characters can claim.

Oh yeah, that’s my bad.

Spoiler

According to the guide on steam where someone used the game files, “if Ubin is not there you will need to select this option twice” made it kinda seem like that would be what happens. Still my bad though.

But if Ubin can’t die, then how is there a scenario where he can’t be there?

You suck. Sooks, more like Suckes.

Moving Berwick down on the priority list for games I can play now…

Screw this. I'm getting up two hours ahead of time. I can take a nap later.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With your track record... yeah, making you the party healer would be like "What was I thinking?" XD

Hey, I'm still a main medic in tf2. I got experience. And it's not like there's children in your team to murder/corrupt. You woulda been fine.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, that’s my bad.

Reveal hidden contents

According to the guide on steam where someone used the game files, “if Ubin is not there you will need to select this option twice” made it kinda seem like that would be what happens. Still my bad though.

But if Ubin can’t die, then how is there a scenario where he can’t be there?

I... Honestly have no idea. I am almost certain it's impossible.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Moving Berwick down on the priority list for games I can play now…

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is all anime's fault.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... Honestly have no idea. I am almost certain it's impossible.

Yeah, it seems to be that way. Maybe there were originally plans for something like that to happen but they cut that out and yet never changed the wall event? I mean I guess there wasn’t need to.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is all anime's fault.

Jokes aside though, Berwick is one of the few “fe” games I haven’t played yet that there isn’t a part of that makes me hesitate with it, so it might be the next new one whenever I get there (I’ll still have Trails in the  Sky 3 and Omori to play at some point). Unless you really want to argue that Mystery of the Emblem is better.

Jokes aside though, Berwick is one of the few “fe” games I haven’t played yet that there isn’t a part of that makes me hesitate with it, so it might be the next new one whenever I get there (I’ll still have Trails in the  Sky 3 and Omori to play at some point).

Oh, well, that's really nice. Sure hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

Unless you really want to argue that Mystery of the Emblem is better.

C'mon, Sooks. Have you forgotten who you're talking to?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, well, that's really nice. Sure hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

Cause other than that there’s Radiant Dawn, which I’ve seen horrific part 4 screenshots of, which extends to Path of Radiance because of course I’ll play Radiant Dawn after Path of Radiance, DSFE which just seems like Awakening 1.0 (god, please no) and Thracia which just seems to be Kaga: deluxe edition. Oh and I guess Gaiden, but lol.

Which really just leave Mystery of the Emblem and Berwick, since my interest in the other KagaSagas is 0.

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cause other than that there’s Radiant Dawn, which I’ve seen horrific part 4 screenshots of, which extends to Path of Radiance because of course I’ll play Radiant Dawn after Path of Radiance, DSFE which just seems like Awakening 1.0 (god, please no) and Thracia which just seems to be Kaga: deluxe edition. Oh and I guess Gaiden, but lol.

Which really just leave Mystery of the Emblem and Berwick, since my interest in the other KagaSagas is 0.

Well, I have described Berwick before as the Kaga game that doesn't feel like a Kaga game. The man had some restraint in that one, for the most part, which is wonderful.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I think that's it for me for tonight. Good night!

Have a better night than me.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I have described Berwick before as the Kaga game that doesn't feel like a Kaga game. The man had some restraint in that one, for the most part, which is wonderful.

I like how you didn’t even try to defend DSFE.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I like how you didn’t even try to defend DSFE.

The BSFE chapters are fun. Well, not Rickard's, but the rest are cool. Though the best way to play them is in FE12, I'd say.

ZveXRCT.jpg

Picture taken moments before disaster.
So as it turns out, if you see a dinosaur-like enemy, that is basically the game telling you "Do not go here!".
Kinda like the FOEs in Etrian Odyssey, or the OP enemies in Xenoblade 2 (with the difference being you can still escape in EO and Ys, whereas in XC2, once one of them discovers you, you're basically screwed).
As I swiftly and painfully discovered while these level 56 raptors (without feathers, smh) were busy spraypainting this area with the blood of the player character of choice of an unsuspecting idiot (a.k.a. me). xD

It took me a hot minute to figure out where to go, in other words, and the journey this time took me to the Schlamm Jungle, because of course they needed to give it a German name instead of just calling it "Mud Jungle" or something. There, two bosses were waiting for me. Both were not all 'that' tough, though the tree's paralysis-inducing and mook-summoning was a little irksome.
2ZQi4Kd.jpg1wSJsL0.jpg

Don't be fooled: that second one is a giant hippo.

And then I found the next castaway in need of rescue, took him back to the village, aaaaand....
vyZs1cd.jpg

Yep.
This Nemo is Dimitr's more eloquent descendant. xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Picture taken moments before disaster.
So as it turns out, if you see a dinosaur-like enemy, that is basically the game telling you "Do not go here!".
Kinda like the FOEs in Etrian Odyssey, or the OP enemies in Xenoblade 2 (with the difference being you can still escape in EO and Ys, whereas in XC2, once one of them discovers you, you're basically screwed).
As I swiftly and painfully discovered while these level 56 raptors (without feathers, smh) were busy spraypainting this area with the blood of the player character of choice of an unsuspecting idiot (a.k.a. me). xD

That takes me back to Final Fantasy XII, and my compulsive need to try fighting everything I see. Cue getting Tyrannosaurus Wrecksed by the dinosaur style enemy in the Estersand area. Because the fact it was a giant dinosaur with a red for danger label on it when targetting wasn't enough warning it'd one shot me. I'd like to say I learned something, but I kept coming back periodically and trying to come up with a way to cheese it until I got the gravity spell... and actually cheesed it despite it STILL one-shotting me at that point. The extra characters by then made a difference. It'd get one, and I'd get it. As such I learned nothing and still have a tendency to pick fights with enemies way out of my league in games with a level up system. Mixed results. Sometimes I exploit a mechanic in a turn based game or just plain skill through something in an action RPG... other times I get a reminder that I can't always win.
That said, every time I do manage it, it's magical.

Okay, after a bunch of statboosters and a promotion, I am no longer garbage. I'm still worse than both of my fellow magicians of the team, let alone the prepromote sage I just got, but I'm not... ENTIRELY worthless, at least.

Also, the game just gave me a manakete and a female halberdier. I can't keep trying to fit people into the team. At some point I have to give up and accept that I won't be able to use every cool person I come across. Plus, I kinda need someone with a higher staff rank than D and light magic... Ahh, damnit, decisions, decisions...

5 hours ago, Maof06 said:

So even Banner Saga succumbed to the trilogy curse, huh? Why do you guys think 3 it's the worst one?

3 leaned in hard on the combat, which was the weakest part of the Banner Saga, and focused in on one caravan full of bad or gimmicky units, where all your solid and reliable units were stranded on a route where ideally they wouldn't actually be needed.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

This Nemo is Dimitr's more eloquent descendant. xD

Hah!

What if he was Dimitri Isekai'd? Badumtss

Btw, why does Laxia's model have purple hair? Is that customization option?