• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I can't believe it took me 1 minute to notice that Gremory is just Death.

And just like Death, she has that wonderful, wonderful attack where she just spawns infinite scythes that appear in random spots, which may or may not include right inside me.

This is gonna be a fun medal to get.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright then.

dE5txSb.png

I just threw the names at random there, admittedly. I'm going for the "classic" party composition. At least I think this is what is classic for FFI. Not unlike a Hero, Warrior, Priest, Wizard party in DQIII. Anyway, here are the four heroes destined to save the world... may God save us all...

we2u4Ol.png

Let's get on with it, shall we...

If memory serves, that version of FF I has a bug with the HP gain randomiser in which the RNG leans towards the player getting the lowest seed possible when it picks.

Anyways, good luck!

fp77y5zvua971.jpg

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

...Well my girlfriend broke up with my last week so that's been fun to deal with for the last week. 

F

hang in there old timer, and sooner and later you will find someone more fitting!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

F

hang in there old timer, and sooner and later you will find someone more fitting!

Hopefully the next one won't cheat on me. 

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright then.

dE5txSb.png

I just threw the names at random there, admittedly. I'm going for the "classic" party composition. At least I think this is what is classic for FFI. Not unlike a Hero, Warrior, Priest, Wizard party in DQIII. Anyway, here are the four heroes destined to save the world... may God save us all...

we2u4Ol.png

Let's get on with it, shall we...

Nice.

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

...Well my girlfriend broke up with my last week so that's been fun to deal with for the last week. 

Sorry to hear that, man.

Hope you can find someone else who'll be even better for you.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fp77y5zvua971.jpg

Caeda is now a woman! 

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Like Shrimpy said, you'll find someone more fitting to be with! Don't give up!

Oh. Well, that was surprisingly simple. I mostly just kept butting my head against her until I got lucky with the moons, then I overwhelmed her with tits rift or whatever that attack is called before she could move on from her death laser to her unavoidable attacks.

But-- Wait, hold up a moment!

Spoiler

Okay, so I actually wasn't expecting this. Everything else up to this point has been extremely predictable, but I was not expecting Redstream Zan to just straight up die, sacrificing himself to trap Gremory. I don't know, he seemed like the kind of character that would make it, and the hands pulling him into the ground didn't look that lethal, I thought for sure he'd be freed after Gremory's death. Apparently not, he's nowhere to be seen. Unless he returns later, but... hey, if he doesn't, props. They actually did one thing that wasn't predictable. Kudos to them.

8 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Shit, that sucks... Hang in there, man.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe it took me 1 minute to notice that Gremory is just Death.

And just like Death, she has that wonderful, wonderful attack where she just spawns infinite scythes that appear in random spots, which may or may not include right inside me.

This is gonna be a fun medal to get.

Bloodstained?

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

That takes me back to Final Fantasy XII, and my compulsive need to try fighting everything I see. Cue getting Tyrannosaurus Wrecksed by the dinosaur style enemy in the Estersand area. Because the fact it was a giant dinosaur with a red for danger label on it when targetting wasn't enough warning it'd one shot me.

Oh yeah, I remember that thing! I recall being very spooked by its presence, and being rather relieved when it turned out to be docile... though the curiosity eventually got the better of me and I asked myself "what happens if I attack it?"
And, to absolutely no one's surprise, curiosity indeed killed the cat... though in this case, it might be more appropriate to say that it killed the Vaan.

I'd like to say I learned something, but I kept coming back periodically and trying to come up with a way to cheese it until I got the gravity spell... and actually cheesed it despite it STILL one-shotting me at that point. The extra characters by then made a difference. It'd get one, and I'd get it.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome!
I never tried fighting it again, even when I was at the appropriate level to do it. XD

As such I learned nothing and still have a tendency to pick fights with enemies way out of my league in games with a level up system. Mixed results. Sometimes I exploit a mechanic in a turn based game or just plain skill through something in an action RPG... other times I get a reminder that I can't always win.

Wow, that takes courage, for sure! Courage that I don't really have, since no matter the game, the second I see an enemy on a higher level than myself, my first instinct is to try and stay as far away from it as I can!

That said, every time I do manage it, it's magical.

I can imagine!
Especially the experience points and (if applicable) drops these enemies give are nothing to sneeze at, especially if you manage to take them down way before you should be able to.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hah!

What if he was Dimitri Isekai'd? Badumtss

XD
Nice!

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, why does Laxia's model have purple hair? Is that customization option?

Yup! I only discovered it because I got curious about what the other things Alison can make, and I found some additional costume options. I got enough materials to make two, one for Adol (hence why Adol's jacket is green instead of red... good thing it didn't turn his hair green, too. xD), one for Laxia, and the result was that these costumes turned out to be essentially palette swaps.
That also changed Laxia's hair color... for some reason. xD

16 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Hang in there, man! You can get through it!

Oh no. The scariest foe of all.

An atheist.

You know, now I have to wonder

Spoiler

what happens if you just don't ever sell shards to her. Cool how they explain her insistence on getting you to sell those things, but what happens if you just go "nope" instead?

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Bloodstained?

Bloodstained indeed. Been playing it for a while, hard mode, no damage on all bosses. I'm actually up to the end now, only got traitor and the final boss to go... Well, when it comes to mandatory fights, at any rate. I do have to go back and do the optional ones.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

You are not wrong, haha!

That's the sad part, i'd rather be wrong!

As far as FF games go, i finally decided that Type-0 was better than 12 and swapped them around.

And all of a sudden, I find myself fighting a slot machine. Did you know that in Spain, we call slot machines "Tragaperras", which literally translates to "buck swallower"? Ain't that neat. The boss was super boring, I hope the other two bonus bosses won't be as lame.

...Then again, I know Iga's going to offer enough insanity to more than compensate for these...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wow, that takes courage, for sure! Courage that I don't really have, since no matter the game, the second I see an enemy on a higher level than myself, my first instinct is to try and stay as far away from it as I can!

In a way, it's a matter of never learning my lesson. Though it has resulted in some... interesting cases of overlevelling for sure. You tend to get a ton of experience when you manage that kind of thing after all. Castlevania Circle of the Moon pretty much ended up sequence broken that way.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no. The scariest foe of all.

An atheist.

You know, now I have to wonder

Reveal hidden contents

what happens if you just don't ever sell shards to her. Cool how they explain her insistence on getting you to sell those things, but what happens if you just go "nope" instead?

Bloodstained indeed. Been playing it for a while, hard mode, no damage on all bosses. I'm actually up to the end now, only got traitor and the final boss to go... Well, when it comes to mandatory fights, at any rate. I do have to go back and do the optional ones.

The optional ones are a bit.. out there. Two of them might seem familiar. Mind, I was nuts enough to go for 9 of every shard (except, you know, boss shards because I wasn't doing 9 new game pluses) on that difficulty where you're stuck at level one. Didn't do no damage though. My patience has limits. One of the optional bosses actually had the shard I found most useful, barring the mandatory ones.

Spoiler

Also speaking as someone who collected nine of every shard, and therefore not one to sell... she definitely doesn't change. Guess she had some from elsewhere. Wouldn't be hard, because it's implied shardbinders aren't exactly a unique thing. On an unrelated note, I originally considered using Zangetsu as a Navarre stand-in in my LP, as a reference to the end of Bloodstained, but decided against it. Because spoiler in a fairly recent game. On an unrelated note, Bloodstained Curse of the Moon and it's sequel are a more Castlevania 3-esque take on things... including a version of Zangetsu that literally progresses as a character, and the ability to play Alfred and Gebel... among another surprise playable in 2, and a pair of character who don't exist in Ritual of the Night.