Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why does it feel like I wasn't supposed to enter Magmoor Caverns yet?

What do you think the Varia Suit is for? You are supposed to be headed down there.

I've head it's technically possible to get through Magmoor without the Varia, not sure if that requires TAS(?).

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Finding a save room in Prime is actually really tense (even if I don't feel like this game should've kept the Metroidvania tradition of save rooms).

Should they have set up an auto-save checkpoint in every room where you aren't locked in then? Or plain old save anywhere?

I'll agree that finding a save station does feel more intense here. Not entirely sure why. And I think Prime did a good job of reasonably spacing them out.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good thing I saved because I just fell into a pool of lava that I couldn't get out of.

Escaping hazardous liquids has always felt terrible in Metroid. It's not enough they deal damage, they have to feel like quicksand, jumping to safety is usually not easy, which means you'll likely take heavy damage and panic more.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Got awake way too early, but whatever...

Anyways question: Do side quests in Breath Of The Wild have references to other Nintendo games? The first side quest is called *Xenoblade Chronicles*. This made me want to ask this.

As for Ys Origin I made it to the sand boss which went on my nerves.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

Ok so I finally went and got the first of the Chozo Artifacts. Then scanned the other pillars (though I think I missed a few) for clues to the others. One of them said there was an Artifact in the Sunchamber where you fight Flaaghaara.

I can't go back into the Sunchamber without the Spider-Ball. And the other(?) Artifact in the Chozo Ruins looks like I'll need more stuff before I can actually get it.

I don't get the Spider-Ball until I beat the Space Pirate Fortress.

.....yeah imma just play the game normally and then look up a guide for the Artifacts, i ain't gonna worry about this.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What do you think the Varia Suit is for? You are supposed to be headed down there.

Yeah, I only said that cause it looked like I needed to make some jumps that I couldn't without a power-up. I found the way tho.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Should they have set up an auto-save checkpoint in every room where you aren't locked in then? Or plain old save anywhere?

Either or honestly. 

The thing about Prime is that backtracking actually kinda sucks. It doesn't matter too much in the 2D Metroids because Samus can move through the areas pretty quick (especially once Super Speed is unlocked) but she's noticably a lot slower in Prime.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Escaping hazardous liquids has always felt terrible in Metroid. It's not enough they deal damage, they have to feel like quicksand, jumping to safety is usually not easy, which means you'll likely take heavy damage and panic more.

Well here I actually could just not escape. Legitimately I just had to accept that I couldn't get out.

Just now, Zan Partizanne said:

Anyways question: Do side quests in Breath Of The Wild have references to other Nintendo games? The first side quest is called *Xenoblade Chronicles*. This made me want to ask this

Oh that was literally an ad for Xenoblade 2 back when it was coming out. You could get Rex's gear for Link to wear.

20 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Anyways question: Do side quests in Breath Of The Wild have references to other Nintendo games? The first side quest is called *Xenoblade Chronicles*. This made me want to ask this.

I’m pretty sure that’s the only side quest like that.

Although there are a lot of references to past Zelda games with some equipment, which is unlocked with amiibos iirc.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What’s that?

a famous NPC you meet through the series

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Final arc: 

Grandmaster: "hang on, where did all the plot devices go? Hey, what's this card?"

I wouldn't be even surprised lmao

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont get it.

@Shrimperor I started Trails FC on May 3rd and completed Trails the 3rd on May 30th. So barely under a month, but I started 3rd around a week later since I had stuff to take care of before I started it.

that's some speed alright

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Those are the Fusion Suit's colors with that upgrade if you're playing Prime with that costume swap, they match the palette of Metroid Fusion's non-SA-X Varia Suit. The actual Prime Varia Suit is the same as the one she starts with.

Adol: "oh yeah, bumper cars time".

20210709173624_1.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m pretty sure that’s the only side quest like that.

Although there are a lot of references to past Zelda games with some equipment, which is unlocked with amiibos iirc.

alright

Btw is it recommemd to get the DLC for this game?

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

a famous NPC you meet through the series

The guy who’s always with Ricky? I don’t get the comparison. And I just did his side quest.

.....yeah imma just play the game normally and then look up a guide for the Artifacts, i ain't gonna worry about this.

The hints usually do a good job of indicating where the Artifacts are, since most give you an idea of which room they are in though scrolling through the rooms on the map can be a hassle. Nonetheless, I see how some people could struggle with a few of them.

The Artifact you were thinking of going for BTW might be better held off until you an upgrade later than the Spider Ball anyhow. You don't need it, but it helps, and there is no reason to rush on Artifact collection.

The thing about Prime is that backtracking actually kinda sucks. It doesn't matter too much in the 2D Metroids because Samus can move through the areas pretty quick (especially once Super Speed is unlocked) but she's noticably a lot slower in Prime.

I definitely understand you on this point. The GameCube version I'd think slightly slower too, doors take more time to open up sometimes -because if a door doesn't open immediately after shooting it, it means the room on the other side is still loading, this might explain some of the empty little filler corridors- space out the big rooms demanding lots of processing.

As for the bolded:

Scan-pics-3.png

Image is a little small, but full-body Samus in movement as indicated by motion blur, looking just like Scan Visor artwork. Evidence that the Speed Booster was planned, possibly with the Shinesparking technique as well, but it was too difficult to implement. First-person and 3D sounds like a nightmare combination for an upgrade which demands speed and long, flat and straight distances (how many rooms in MP1 would be big enough to activate it?), no wonder it was scrapped.

Oh, and reading up on the development of Metroid Prime, it's Miyamoto of all people who made it first-person. Prior to his commenting, the game was going to be third-person, which meant all prior work had to be scrapped.

35 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I didn't, and I think most people would say it isn't necessary. Some of the stuff is neat, but I think the developers said said the DLC is stuff that should've been in the base game, but they hadn't the time to include it that way. It's not the worst DLC out there, but likely skippable unless you really love the game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Thanks for this answer.

I haven't could have my mind yet since I am still in the early game. Just started with the mission to find all four divine beasts. First target is just to beat the game since me playing and finishing a Zelda game is an absolute rarity. First impression is good so far. The controls kinda overran me at first due to its large amount of actions, but all the riddles have been managable on my own so far.

12 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Thanks for this answer.

I haven't could have my mind yet since I am still in the early game. Just started with the mission to find all four divine beasts. First target is just to beat the game since me playing and finishing a Zelda game is an absolute rarity. First impression is good so far. The controls kinda overran me at first due to its large amount of actions, but all the riddles have been managable on my own so far.

You might have to show some serious restraint to charge down finishing the game. I loved it and never finished it, because that’s how I roll with open world games.

As for the DLC, I don’t know anything about it, other than that there’s a motorcycle.

1 hour ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I liked it quite a lot; it doesn't add a ton of stuff, and I wouldn't recommend Master Mode very much, but the content there is pretty dang solid. Got some neat content, and it adds some more stuff to the story. If you end up really liking the game, I can definitely recommend nabbing.

I loved it and never finished it, because that’s how I roll with open world games.

That's how I also feel about open world games. The world is so huge. Without having any navigation I'd totally get lost. Thankfully it has a similar quest system as Xenoblade Chronicles where the next destination is shown, so I don't feel get lost yet. If I hate one thing in videogames, then running in circles. However I'm optimistic it won't be the case here.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I liked it quite a lot; it doesn't add a ton of stuff, and I wouldn't recommend Master Mode very much, but the content there is pretty dang solid. Got some neat content, and it adds some more stuff to the story. If you end up really liking the game, I can definitely recommend nabbing.

Nah, I never think to play a Zelda game on an increased difficulty. I just thought the extra content would offer some appealing missions. Though we will see...

Anyways time to start gaming day, so bye bye for now!

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Anyways time to start gaming day, so bye bye for now!

Enjoy!

YES YES YES! I can bench Schera!

Looks like Agate is forced this chapter, but that’s okay, I get someone who isn’t Schera. I’m actually bringing Tita along as well, because I’m pretty sure not brining Tita to story scenes that have a 99% chance to revolve around Agate is a crime. Which means I can only take one of my usual other two, Olivier and Kloe, and I’m picking Kloe because I’m pretty sure I would get wrecked if I tried to go anywhere without her and she can let me spam Agate’s CP restoring craft.

Although, this means all of my offensive units are now physical instead of primarily being casters, which is very different from my usual play style, but I’ll see how this goes. Tomorrow though, because it’s almost 2 in the morning right now.

Edited by Sooks

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also i think you should watch or play the rest of the series before you play 9 since it calls back to the whole series

Gotcha, gotcha!
I think the only games besides VIII that I haven't at least seen yet are Seven, and V.
So I'll wait until after those, at least!

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ys 9 went further and thus Trails' ugly head is starting to show itself.

Mystery for the sake of it?
A character that constantly teases us with knowing more than they let on for the sake of said mystery?
Antagonists with motives so ill-defined it makes you think they're just delusional idiots that like to throw big words around, somehow convinced it makes them sound cool instead of pretentious as hell?
"I must retreat"/"This ain't even my final form"/"You won but actually I won" out the wazoo?
Protagonist(s) isn't/aren't allowed to accomplish anything, thus making every challenge and boss fight feel utterly pointless, and the player ask themselves "Why the fuck do I even bother playing this?"
The worst aspects of these repeated ad nauseum, because the writers have no idea what "moderation" means?

... My hype levels are decreasing by the second. XD

---

For something more positive, have one of the best tracks in Ys 8:

*jamming out*

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Why don't do these things disappear after I have defeated them and respawn infinitely instead?

I think from what I remember, these are "undead" enemies, whom you can only kill by equipping a specific item.
I believe it was called "Sacred Bells", or something like that.

45 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Gotcha, gotcha!
I think the only games besides VIII that I haven't at least seen yet are Seven, and V.

You saw Celceta?

Also V is not canon so only do that one if you want to!

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Mystery for the sake of it?
A character that constantly teases us with knowing more than they let on for the sake of said mystery?

Those 2 mainly  (or the 2nd one to be exact)

None of the other stuff so far, thankfully.