Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I’m gonna be honest, that boss fight was… uneventful, especially for all the buildup. It only had one attack that did substantial damage, and it only used it like three times, beyond that it spent half its turns just repositioning the party or itself, and the other half not doing much damage, so… it was kind of a boring boss fight tbh.

The chapter’s story was incredible again, though. Including Agate’s development, but most especially the part right before the climax. Also of note is the scene at the very end of the chapter, it was pretty good.

mrespom.jpg

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Got the Wave Beam. I think I will stop the Prime session here for tonight.

Oh yeah, I also got the Artifact of Strength.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I can't say for certain whether the game with a dash of inspiration from Triforce of the Gods will be that way.

Yeah, it has it's own endgame fetch quest.

I've heard......things.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Got the Wave Beam. I think I will stop the Prime session here for tonight.

I homestly never felt like the wave beam was impressive in any way. Its power is way too low, imo.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I homestly never felt like the wave beam was impressive in any way. Its power is way too low, imo.

Nooooo they nerfed the Wave Beam? Lame.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...Boy

Ys 9 is hitting us with the Trails level plot twists

And also showing how badly we fucking need a Ys 5 remake

So i take it this game is like a culmination of everything that was explored before then?

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i take it this game is like a culmination of everything that was explored before then?

The first hour alone references the whole series, and it doesn't stop there. 

The game pretty much expects you to have played the whole series.

Screenshot_4822.png

Screenshot_4824.png

Screenshot_4825.png

Screenshot_4826.png

Screenshot_4827.png

Screenshot_4828.png

OH THAT'S RIGHT! SEGATA AND SAKURA WERE A COUPLE IN THE ADS! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS GREAT! 

On a side note, really neat touch that all the Segata is friends with all the Sega characters here.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The first hour alone references the whole series, and it doesn't stop there. 

The game pretty much expects you to have played the whole series.

I see.

So both Ys' and Trails' "Avengers Endgame" game have the main character take on edgy appearances. Hmmmmmmmmm.

OMG

L-Gaim is back!

Victory Gundam is back!

Betterman is back! Kinda.

Rayearth again!

... it's a shame L-Gaim wasn't in T. Would've been funny to see another fairy in there, haha.

More El Dorado V incoming!

OG Gundam is back!

Char is Quattro... but Neo Zeon is around. That's gonna be interesting to see.

Ryusei (in the SRX!) and Masaki!

The scenario select system of the Compact/Impact/MX games seems to be back!?

Huckebein 30!

Excited GIFs | Tenor

Oh, page 3000 was reached.

Anyways I fought the probably worst boss in Ys Origin yesterday, the sand monster. Not only that the controls were annoying since I had to move against the direction of the swallowed sand the entire time, it also ended up in a bullet hell by all the thrown projectiles at me. It was a very chaotic, so unfun boss. However after like ten attempts I could beat it with me having about 10 HP left. I felt satisfied!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So both Ys' and Trails' "Avengers Endgame" game have the main character take on edgy appearances. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Except this isn't Ys' "Avengers endgame". That will be probably the game that takes place in the heart of the Romn empire, and not in province they conquered.

Everything points to us getting a game there, and the downfall of the Empire eventually. How Adol will be involved in that however is another question.

But it's one of 3 major plot points that are running through the whole series

Edited by Shrimperor

But hmm, quite curious. Been long since Combattler showed up without Voltes. Or just one without the other in general. Admittedly, I don't know the exact plot of GaiGaiGar vs Betterman, but hopefully the latter is playable. Compact 3, which only had Betterman, made a weird decision in keeping him as an NPC despite being, well, the titular character. ZZ Gundam once again is skipping out, but if I recall Judau's VA can't pull it off as he used to, so it's sadly understandable if they're not resorting to pre-recorded lines either. He also voices Domon, and it was telling in SRW T. The new entries look quite interesting.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Except this isn't Ys' "Avengers endgame". That will be probably the game that takes place in the heart of the Romn empire, and not in province they conquered.

Everytjing points to us getting a game there, and the downfall of the Empire eventually. How Adol will be involved in that however is another question.

But it's one of 3 major plot points that'te running through the whole series

I see. I just thought, with the whole "you should probably play the whole series before Ys 9", it was going to be something like that.

Just now, Armagon said:

I see. I just thought, with the whole "you should probably play the whole series before Ys 9", it was going to be something like that.

Nah

I am mainly saying that because there quite alot you won't get if you didn't play the other games in the series before, but it doesn't seem it will conclude any of the series' major arcs. Unless it does that in the final chapter, but doubt [x].

Hmm, it’s midnight, and I have class at 9 am. I could go to bed…

…or I could play Trails.

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is a trailer? For a new SRW?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is a trailer? For a new SRW?

Preview 1, PV1, yep. Technically the second, since the reveal teaser was released first.

Yeah. At least standard procedure for PV1 of any given SRW game, at least for the more recent games, is basically the cast show-off. Cast lists are big deals for SRW fans. This being the 30th Anniversary game, quite more so. Hence PV1 including some gameplay details too. And pre-order bonuses, DLC previews, and other stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Preview 1, PV1, yep. Technically the second, since the reveal teaser was released first.

Yeah. At least standard procedure for PV1 of any given SRW game, at least for the more recent games, is basically the cast show-off. Cast lists are big deals for SRW fans. This being the 30th Anniversary game, quite more so. Hence PV1 including some gameplay details too. And pre-order bonuses, DLC previews, and other stuff.

Well, hope you can enjoy the game whenever it comes out!

Hmm, as someone point out in the video comments, it wouldn't be surprising if Masaki once again shows up since his seiyuu will already be in the game due to Gridman. Then again, it might be also since they're adding Ryusei in too, and the two are basically the face of SRW.