Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/persona-series-25th-anniversary-website-launched-teases-seven-new-projects

Seven projects announced over one year sounds like six will be disappointments and one will be just okay.

I don't think P1 Protag and Tatsuya & Maya are here for any reason other than acknowledging their games' existences. To make those ancestral titles truly shine, they'd need remakes with investments akin to creating a new game, especially P1, not worth the effort over developing the inevitable P6.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Made it to the final boss of Ys Origin.

Unlike in the first half of the game I can beat the bosses in my first attempt now because I learned to become patient and take the time to figure out their moveset and attack patterns.

I will save the final boss for tomorrow morning since I'm feeling a bit tired rn and Idk how long the epilog will be.

Regardless how the final boss and epilog will turn out, this game is great, especially the soundtrack. I will defintely play Oath of Felgana after this since this game shall be very similar gameplaywise and musicalwise.

Honestly

might lower score to 7.5

not sure

The game is not only ''1 point'' behind Ys 8, and the more i think about it...

at the same time

Gameplay kino xD

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

not really. More like some Areas you can't access even though you the needed abilities you can't access due to stupid nox requirement.

Considering Ys is exploration to the max (except Origin), this is more than a bit annoying.

I see. But like, the Metroid Fusion comparison still applies since certain security doors prevent you from further exploring an area until you find the corresponding security panel even if you technically have have the abilities to otherwise explore it already.

Like it's not exactly the same as the Nox requirements but at least from what I'm hearing here, it does just sound like Ys 9 is the Fusion of the Ys series.

58 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The game is not only ''1 point'' behind Ys 8, and the more i think about it...

at the same time

Gameplay kino xD

Haha. I can relate. On one hand, I kinda wanna lower Super Metroid's score to 8 because of it having way too many "what the fuck do I do moment" but on the other hand, the core gameplay really is 👌.

I beat Walter. It turns out there was no reason to worry, that fight was very easy.

This chapter is seeming a little tedious, with me being thrown into same-y dungeon after same-y dungeon, all in a row.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's what Walter says during his S-craft

Huh. Interesting. Well this is what happens when I always use turbo mode in battle.

Oh my God, the RNG.

I swear to God, every time I have to land something in the 80s, it misses. Every. Single. Time. My characters can't land blows to save their lives. I don't know what's with this hack in particular! I even asked the creator and he says he didn't do anything to the RNG! It's still classic true hit, and yet I've missed so many attacks, it's ridiculous!

Well, that's another reset. I must've lost this wyvern rider idiot like 6 times now. Great.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God, the RNG.

I swear to God, every time I have to land something in the 80s, it misses

Pokemon moment 

Thardus has been slain and the Spider-Ball has been obtained.

But man, that boss fight sucked. It wasn't stupidly hard or anything, it was just boring.

Man oh man, it's that time again! I'm playing a hack and I want to use tons of units, but I don't have the delpoyment slots! I sure hope the main cast from the pre-timeskip part of the game, three of whom I intended to use, don't rejoin right now and make me suffer an existential crisis!

Fuck. One of them got one hell of a glow-up, too...

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thardus has been slain and the Spider-Ball has been obtained.

But man, that boss fight sucked. It wasn't stupidly hard or anything, it was just boring.

That fight was a literal spider? Cant remember.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why dont i remember that!?

Wouldn't blame you tbh.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, why is it boring?

It lasted like 10 minutes and at no point does it change up it's attack patterns. Super repetitive.

Wasn't even a threat tbh. I lost more health to those attack drones after you get the Thermal Visor than Thardus.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wouldn't blame you tbh.

It lasted like 10 minutes and at no point does it change up it's attack patterns. Super repetitive.

Wasn't even a threat tbh. I lost more health to those attack drones after you get the Thermal Visor than Thardus.

Its a blur, no doubt! XD

That... Sounds familiar?