• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Erm… what? That battle lasted about 5 minutes. I faced around zero challenge. That just might have been the easiest enforcer battle (between that and Walter, but iirc he gave me a bit more trouble). What was supposed to make that difficult? Don’t tell me the entire difficulty revolves around deathblow and petrify because if so… that’s not exactly what I’d call good game design when you can just block it.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She would've actually killed you there if you didn't have the Deathblow resists.

I speak from experience.

F.

You didn’t get the chests?

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Theres an event where the team needs to sneak past a guard and the player has 3 options:

Dress Karol (the boy) up as a girl.

Dress Estelle up in something "Sexy" to distract him

Dress Judith up in something to distract him.

However, when the player chooses the option to dress Estelle up, the party makes comments on how she might not be sexy enough to do the job, in which she replies that she is. 

I see. So this is referencing that then (assuming Estelle's dress is actually shown).

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Don’t tell me the entire difficulty revolves around deathblow and petrify because if so… that’s not exactly what I’d call good game design when you can just block it.

Yes.

F.

You didn’t get the chests?

If i did, i didn't equip it.

Cause i didn't think she'd do it round 1.

I agree with Shrimpy, spells are very useful for healing cause being grouped like that can F you hard some battles. Any AoE AT delay attack will lock you if you group up, for example.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I see. So this is referencing that then (assuming Estelle's dress is actually shown).

indeed, and you get it as an alt as well if you go back after the event is completed.

Wait… what? That’s it? That too lasted a matter of minutes, and once I realized it was seeming like it would be easier too, I purposefully decided to not use any S-breaks and I still won first try. I didn’t accidentally pick normal and never notice until now, did I? Every boss in this chapter was incredibly easy, except Luciola who required at least a little bit of thought. Huh? It’s close to the end of the game, the difficulty really should have ramped up by now.

Edit: I meant Blueblanc, not Luciola.

Edited by Sooks

Well, I’m not quite sure exactly what just happened in the story, but the scene was really cool, and so was the music. I mean I get the general gist of it, it’s only the specific part I’m not supposed to know, of course, so it works what I’m trying to say is that I’m not complaining. That chapter was pretty weak, not gonna lie, forcing me into four long dungeons in a row that all felt incredibly same-y, with the only real difference in environment being the color of the floor, was a little tedious. And they were all capped off with incredibly easy boss battles (well, Blueblanc gave me a little bit of difficulty, but that was it and I think I still won first or second try), so gameplay wise the chapter wasn’t very fun. Story was pretty cool though.

HIjrOL6.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wtf

These battles were extra hard iirc xD

Well, looks like I’m picking nightmare difficulty when I play Sky 3rd then.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I first played SC on hard before i did the community nightmare run

Community nightmare run? How does that work?

Or is Sooks playing on normal

Hard mode. I even double checked I didn’t accidentally pick normal after those underwhelming boss battles, and yep, my save did indeed say hard. I also made sure to turn retry offset off at the beginning of the game after I accidentally left it on for most of FC, though I beat most of these bosses in one try (I might have had one death to Blueblanc, not sure), so that doesn’t really matter here (I think I suicided after Renne started off with a crit in her first phase but I don’t know if that really counts).

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, looks like I’m picking nightmare difficulty when I play Sky 3rd then

yeah definetly. Especially since Sky3rd is a bit easier than  SC

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Community nightmare run? How does that work?

we were 7 people each played a day then passed the save files to each other

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yeah definetly. Especially since Sky3rd is a bit easier than  SC

A bit easier? Even on nightmare or just Sky 3rd hard?

How hard is Sky 3rd nightmare anyway?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

we were 7 people each played a day then passed the save files to each other

I see. Did you fight any of the chapter 7 bosses on nightmare?

How hard is Sky 3rd nightmare anyway?

Pretty tough. Best Gameplay in the series imo

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Even on nightmare

Nah.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I see. Did you fight any of the chapter 7 bosses on nightmare?

Don't remember so. I got the whole final dungeon iirc

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh well, let's see how you will handle ch8

Missed this edit, but that makes it sound like it will be a bit harder. Challenge accepted.

btw @Shrimperor, I know I'm jumping the gun, but once you get to Like a Dragon, d'you want me to give gameplay tips or warnings (Mostly regarding Class choice for each character) or would you rather be completely blind?

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Just wanted to add that costumes in Tales have been around since... I don't know exactly when, but at least since Symphonia (2003). For Symphonia, as well as Abyss and Vesperia, all the costumes were obtained ingame. However, starting with Graces, Namco learned the evil art of overpriced DLC and sucked most or all the costumes out of the game and into the digital storefront.

And though I haven't commented on every image you've posted, I have been smiling to varying degrees at a number of them. The Heihachi Tales banter was 🤣.

Basically, since Tales went 3D.

Which is why remakes of the 2D games which remain 2D haven't had costumes added to them, through DLC or otherwise. Although I think a couple did had an alternative: Narikiri Dolls. Which turned them into a copy of another party member. I think one game even had a skit where they all became clones of the same character and shenanigans ensued. XD

Speaking of Tales, is the Tales of Vesperia remake any good? It's on gamepass, so I may try it out.