• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Rule #776 of being an FE fan: Kaga always did it first

Silly Shrimpy. Everybody knows that everything that has ever happened and ever will happen is a JoJo reference.

That means Kaga is a JoJo reference too.

All right, time to finish Lonely Mirror.

For some reason it has this as its final map theme, which is... a bit too tranquil for a map theme, but what do I know.

Also, the game warned me to equip 5 legendary macguffins on my units to "protect them from malevolence." I have no idea what this means, but I can only hope that this just means I need to give them to the units that are going to fight the final boss, and not something like half my army gets berserked out of nowhere.

Great. Another hack boss battle where the boss warps all over the place. I know that static bosses are dumb and boring, but chasing a boss all over the place isn't that much fun either.

Well, that's that. I was a bit afraid, considering the difficulty spike the game had, but fortunately, the game presented a rather fair final confrontation. Chasing the boss was a bit tedious, but beyond that, it's basically like that one boss in DLATMOL that I mentioned, except this one doesn't make me want to tear my hair off in frustration. So yeah. Pretty decent final boss.

Qou4hzei o

And there we go. The Lonely Mirror is over. Fun game! Super cool unit concepts and promotions, fair difficulty for the most part (chapter 29 was a huge pain, and the creator used crit-boosted classes a bit too often for my liking, but beyond that it was good), a legit awesome story and varied character designs. While it doesn't quite beat Sun God's Wrath, I think it does take second place among the FE hacks I've played, and it gets my recommendation for anyone looking to play something FE.

Now... Well, I was going to play Sword of Heaven and Earth with the new translation, but apparently Blademaster will, this weekend, release an update to SGW in celebration of its first aniversary, and depending on what it contains, I may or may not replay it once more. So I'll hold off on that for the time being.

Maybe I'll grab Metroid Fusion on my completely legal GBA. Seems like the kind of game to spend a few days on. I remember playing it once when I was a kid, getting lost and giving up. But I'm not a kid anymore. I am now an accomplished tactician who has wiped out many armies - some of them even ones I intended to wipe out. I'm not afraid of no metroids.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

You actually do come across a Space Pirate corpse a bit later on. Scanning it indicates that it died to several shots from Space Pirate weapons to the back, likely as punishment for cowardice.

lul

My headcanon is truth.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Qou4hzei o

This line is perfect. xD

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I hope you rekt these slimes good

Did the story quest to fight that monster that slams the field for 400 damage per person... Lmao, game over right there!

Also, I did just that!

Edited by lightcosmo

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Downloading Ys: Memories of Ceceta on PS4!

Not gonna play it right away, though. Have some stuff to finish up in VIII first.

Exciting! Hope you have fun!

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You don't come online every day?

Nah, all of my SF friends I still talk to are on Discord. I'm online here at the moment because I'm bored.