Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

deadass went "since when does Trails have DmC music" and then found out the guy just edited it in lmao

lol

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And the state of California itself is going after them, a state that takes it's workers' rights very seriously so Blizzard is in deep trouble here.

inb4 just a small fine

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, Blizzard has officially become like the worst in the industry.

This is why you play TF2 instead of Overwatch

You know, if literally every aspect of the game being better wasn't enough of a reason

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

inb4 just a small fine

I mean, they did nuke Telltale Games for lesser reasons so...

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

E6zN4ozVIAAOZw5?format=jpg&name=large

she made Shithead McBlackhole btfo out of Calvard

I simp already.

If she makes sure he never appears again i will simp for her so hard. Just because she's anti-Rean

image0.gif

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

she made Shithead McBlackhole btfo out of Calvard

Who would win:

The guy who can literally go Super Sayian

or

One silvery girl

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Who would win:

The guy who can literally go Super Sayian

or

One silvery girl

BlackholeFace wanted to insert his Sword into her, but she refused to be part of his Harem

Edited by Shrimperor

Well, that was the final boss of Beard Blade. A little anticlimatic, it was far from the most difficult boss in the game. Actually, I enjoyed the penultimate boss a lot more, it did something pretty cool. Still, fun little game. I'll probably go back and play the day/night versions of the levels I missed. All in all, I'd say roughly 5-6 hours is what you'll get out of it, maybe a bit more if you go for 100%. A bit short, but fun.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can you imagine the look on the faces of the Square legal department if the localizers accidentally let "ph-all-us" or other such phrases be entered as legitimate spells?

I imagine their faces might range from utter shock to bemusement.
But the whole enter a word to create a spell thing does sound like an interesting concept nonethless!

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

wtf

So... first Ubisoft, now Activision-Blizzard. I am surprised by how not surprised I am. I mean, why stop at tax evasion, right?
They've been on my list of companies I would never buy games from for years now due to their shady and predatory business practices, but even if they weren't already, now they would be.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, Blizzard has officially become like the worst in the industry.

Ubisoft did the same shit.
But yeah, I agree.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And the state of California itself is going after them, a state that takes it's workers' rights very seriously so Blizzard is in deep trouble here.

Hopefully.
I'm not holding out much enthusiasm, due to precedents where it was just quietly swept under the rug by the time their next big game came out (Ubisoft), but hope dies last, as they say.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

image0.gif

Anyway, this gif is funny!
Also, that girl's design is neat!

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She got that FE fem swordmaster look down pretty well

She also btfo'd Mr. Blackhole. She's close to perfection already xD

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guys, I'm feeling tempted to play a RPG.

Please convince me not to.

Wait... Im so totally behind that! 

Perhaps a change of heart would be quite a boon!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Wait... Im so totally behind that! 

Noooo don't enable me, it will never work and then I'll come here and rant and make everyone upset again...

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Perhaps a change of heart would be quite a boon!

If you're curious, it's Treasure of the Rudras, the game Observer mentioned earlier. Come to think about it, that's the same way I got 'round to nabbing Bloodstained. Observer's off-hand mentions are the best recommendations.

Look, I may not be fond of RPGs, but you can't just tell me "you can craft your own spells by stringing words together" and expect me to take that in stride. I can literally toss shit at enemies. How amazing is that? I need to see how that works, if nothing else.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You guys think Google has a sense of humor?

Well, it is a Square from the 16-bit era, between Final Fantasy, Mana, SaGa, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG, they were the kings of the genre. What else would you expect? I hadn't the slightest inkling you'd care for it.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you're curious, it's Treasure of the Rudras, the game Observer mentioned earlier. Come to think about it, that's the same way I got 'round to nabbing Bloodstained. Observer's off-hand mentions are the best recommendations.

Do not mistake for the Pope, my words are not infallible. I am an antipope, a vindictive one who digs up the bodies of priests who don't acknowledge me as the heir to Saint Peter and chop off the fingers with which they would bless people. Trust me not, not at all. I decorate the walls of my basilicas with naked people and call it "art" and thereby waste the pious donations of my flock on my own lustful hedonism.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, retro Ys is basically that. The famous bump system? It's just 2D Zelda if you had the Pegasus Boots permanently equipped.

I mean, Ys probably took inspirations from Zelda anyway, as the latter predates it by three years.

I can't find the page scan anymore, but I could've sworn I saw the page for this book describing the Zelda franchise. I thought the argument is that back in the early days, Zelda was seen as what we'd call Action RPG. Although as technology progressed and the RPG elements could become more complicated, Zelda chose not to pursue that path while others did, and hence it ceased to be RPG.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's one of the main things that killed my interest in Tales of Phantasia. Because every single time something cast a spell, i had to wait until i could play the game again (the entire screen freezes until the magic is done). Which meant there were times i just couldn't play because spells kept being spammed.

I'll tell you right now to stay well away from Secret of Mana, and its successor Seiken Dentetsu 3/Trials of Mana in its Collection of Mana SNES original version. You'd find it janky, as I found SoM janky and ToM original looks as bad with the spell freeze times. The 3D ToM remake might be a little generic, with a measure of mid-battle pause menu concerns, but I can't find it in myself now to play the original.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, it is a Square from the 16-bit era, between Final Fantasy, Mana, SaGa, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG, they were the kings of the genre. What else would you expect? I hadn't the slightest inkling you'd care for it.

I was referring to the fact that the top results on Google gave conflicting answers.

Still, yeah, there's no doubt some grinding, but... Goddamnit, I need to see that magic system. Even if I then proceed to hate everything about the game and drop it two hours in. I need to see what "mierda" does.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do not mistake for the Pope, my words are not infallible. I am an antipope, a vindictive one who digs up the bodies of priests who don't acknowledge me as the heir to Saint Peter and chop off the fingers with which they would bless people. Trust me not, not at all. I decorate the walls of my basilicas with naked people and call it "art" and thereby waste the pious donations of my flock on my own lustful hedonism.

Still better than Armagon.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

BlackholeFace wanted to insert his Sword into her, but she refused to be part of his Harem

Reanlol.png?width=239&height=432

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All in all, I'd say roughly 5-6 hours is what you'll get out of it, maybe a bit more if you go for 100%. A bit short, but fun.

Yep, the standard for 2D platformers.

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hopefully.
I'm not holding out much enthusiasm, due to precedents where it was just quietly swept under the rug by the time their next big game came out (Ubisoft), but hope dies last, as they say.

Like i said, California basically nuked Telltale Games for lesser reasons. It's a State that takes worker abuse like this very seriously and Blizzard is certainly not escaping this unscathed.

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Kuro no Kiseki designs in general are pretty neat.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still better than Armagon.

I'm sorry you have shit taste Ruben.